Simple yet progressive method for SP (VS) induction.

Previous topic - Next topic

Bedeekin

I haven't wrote down this method for a few years. I sort of stopped promoting it personally because it's out there on videos, other websites and forums. Also I came on here which promoted a more Frank Kepple based method... that of 'phasing' and realise that maybe it was working for people just as well and maybe better in some respects.

This isn't the same as phasing as it doesn't require any visualisation or real effort on your part... just slight planning. It won't necessarily allow you to have an instant OOBE either, but it will provide you with the ability to enter the ideal springboard from which to experience one. You may fly out instantly... who knows... everyone is different.  It's not for everyone... I understand that. But at the same time... it will give you the opportunity to experience deep state Sleep Paralysis (Vibrational State) on purpose rather than chance.  

I realise that meditation is the best medicine... but... I didn't get into this nonphysical stuff by meditating at all. It did develop into what you would call a more meditative practice over the years, but the reason I or rather 'IT' started was down to an accidental self imposed sleep pattern. The funny thing is I still use it now in its simplest form.

Put into it's simplest form here is the method.

1) wake up quite early.

2) have a needed nap in the EVENING.

3) Attempt to go to sleep later on.

There it is in its simplest form; The physiological requirement for experiencing RISP (Recurrent Isolated Sleep Paralysis) when you go to bed.
These are the only requirements I needed when I was little and began to experience SP every night I went to sleep (apart from the weekends). I wasn't aware of it at the time or I would have probably stopped... by the time I figured out why I was getting SP I had already had a few OOBEs and the reason became a method.

There are maybe a few details I could add to complicate the method. So I will.

I was finding myself getting SP every night for months... I was terrified of it. I would put off sleep in case it happened, causing me to be tired the next day. I would come home from school and after homework, food and a bit of TV I would fall asleep. Usually watching TV or reading a book, and usually at around 7pm. I felt safe with the TV on and it was in the front, downstairs room of the house; which my parents were good enough to allow to be 'Ben's room'. But I would be woken up by my mother or just naturally and then realise that at some point I would have to go to bed... and after the first few days of experiencing SP I knew what would be waiting for me when my head hit the pillow.

I would lay there... fearful of it. Waiting for it but trying to ignore it. Trying to go to sleep was top priority.

So we can now add to the method.

1) Wake up quite early

2) Have a needed nap around 7pm; read a book or relax and watch something on TV to help.

3) Go to bed and wait for the inevitable.

The inevitable what?

The sudden shift in head space and that sinking feeling, the 'presence' and a body rush... intermittent rumbling ticklishness in the ears... a sudden surge as pressure pushes down on the entire body while that horrible foreboding presence that seems to be in the room with you is getting closer and the noises are growing louder and more intense as electricity surges through your entire body and causes you to vibrate to a peak of absolute terror!

That's what. With varying degrees of terror, vibrations... sometimes very a fast pounding heart rate.

WTF?

I know right? So this happened for months. I can't remember exactly. I think I once worked out it was 5 or 6 months. Anyway... I was given tests for epilepsy other neurological disorders. Ping pongs on the eyes while been injected with something... flashing lights. Brain scans and whatnot. I was given beta blockers by the doctor because he said it was down to stress of starting a new school.

After this I experienced my first separation. I didn't know it was anything weird... I thought I was just moving my arm. I suddenly realised mid way through moving my arms that there were little sharp pressure sensations at my fingertips. At that moment I realised I was moving my arms through the bed and I could feel the bed springs. The next night it was my wall... I could feel the wood-chip wallpaper but the moment I applied pressure my hand sunk into the wall. I could feel the denseness of the bricks then a small cavity then more bricks. My hand finally rested on a vertical cold pole... I snapped back to normal when I grew fearful I or the wall would become solid and get stuck. I assumed it was my real arm. I didn't know I was having an Out Of Body Experience. I was superhuman.

The next night during the SP I sat up slowly. Movement was slightly thick and the air seemed to make a whooshing noise in my ears as I slid through it. Suddenly I felt the horrible shifty presence. It was behind me. I slowly turned my head and there behind me was.... me... lying in bed... asleep. I was sitting in me. I panicked. I snapped back to normal and contemplated what had just happened.

The next night was a full float up and look down at my body. I won't bore you with the details.

I was starting to get curious. I remember that it was the weekend and I was going around telling my friends. I was so excited. No matter how nutty I sounded I just told everyone. I went to school all excited the following monday and told a select few 'new' secondary school friends what happened on friday night; which pretty much put me in the 'weird' bracket all through school.

So I get home from school... have my tea... watch TV... read a bit. I was so excited. what will happen tonight. Went to bed. Lay down... closed my eyes and waited... and waited... and... fell asleep. I woke up the next morning and remember feeling a little deflated. That night... nothing... the next... nothing.

Although I didn't realise it... this was my new sleep schedule

1) Wake up quite early.

2) Go to bed later that night and wait for my new magic power to happen but instead fall asleep.

This went on for a few weeks I think. I was actually starting to feel a bit down about it. I thought that maybe the last one where I came out had broken my super power or maybe I had done something to cure the SP. But then I remember one night it happened out of the blue. Another SP... it was terrifying... but I was willing to take the sour for the sweet. The next day I mulled over what had suddenly caused it to happen again. I thought is it my head position... or how I layer. But it happened whatever position I was lying in. It dawned on me that it must have been the nap. It made sense. I had stopped having a nap because I had grown excited about it... but that night it had came back I had had a nap while watching TV.

After a while I realised that not only did I need a nap but it was even better when I got comfy in bed, that I thought of a voice or word in my head. This would grow louder take on a life of its own and the SP would hit me. I also figured out a nap sweet spot. Then I figured out that if I told my guffawing friends and doubting thomas' the method they could experience it themselves... some needed the nap moving to a time that suited them but nevertheless it always fell within certain hour of the evening.

So...

1) Wake up quite early.

2) Have a nap between 7 and 10pm

3) Go to bed and repeat a mantra in your head.

I must stress that this method causes a very 'deep state SP' which is difficult to break once entered. While this is good for those who have got to grips with their fear and want a strong long lasting experience it can terrify those who are a little bit unsure and scared of the unknown. Meditation is the best policy.

leavesofgrass

Hey Bedeekin,

This is really interesting. Thanks for sharing. I have never tried this particular variation but I look forward to doing so!

For all those who are still struggling to have their first few OBE type experiences....try this....or some variation of it. These types of approaches where you are putting the physiology of your body in the ideal state for an OBE experience are simply the easiest when you are starting out....because you will be working with the natural state of your body and mind instead of fighting against it.

Cheers, LoG

Bedeekin

Over the years I've studied SP in every way but the academic route. I still might pursue that.

This method was actually reproduced (in it's original protracted form) in Ryan Hurd's book 'Sleep Paralysis: a Dreamer's Guide'. I still haven't bought the book but apparently it helps some people who 'suffer' from SP avoid it... by not napping.

It's interesting to note that the largest group who suffer from RISP are narcoleptics. We all know what narcolepsy is and that its main symptom is that the afflicted will fall asleep at random and inopportune times. This sets up the perfect conditions for them to experience SP. After reading a few statistics about Narc sufferers who experience SP it reveals an interesting pattern in their frequency of when they nap which correlates closely with what I have learned and how I do it.

The other group who 'suffers' from RISP is those who are stressed. It appears that this is brought about because of the same sleep schedule I accidentally imposed on myself. They would lie awake worrying at night while their body went to sleep.... and the cycle would begin.

Contenteo

Great Read Beed,

This is very similar to my experience. Especially the part about running around to all your friends.  :-P I did that to.
And I don't recommend it. Its a shame, no one is ready to hear about this stuff.

I just want to echo support for this simple method. This deep SP you talk about is the same State I talked about in my First Steps. Same phenomenon, different terms. I have a pretty solid hunch that Monroe labeled this as the F12 State.

The other night I sat for about 90 minutes in that state. It was great. It feels so good when you are in there.

Cheers,
Contenteo

Bedeekin

Yes... when most newbies talk about that they entered the Vibe State/VS and say it just fizzled away I sometimes wonder that maybe its because they didn't create the 'right' circumstances that the 'nap' seems to allow or set up.

The SP should lock you like a vice... this can then be played with and there isn't that familiar kick-bollock-scramble to get separated before it fades away.

It is the most amazingly euphoric state to be in isn't it... providing it isn't entered in fear.

Quote from: Contenteo on January 12, 2013, 01:33:05
I just want to echo support for this simple method. This deep SP you talk about is the same State I talked about in my First Steps. Same phenomenon, different terms. I have a pretty solid hunch that Monroe labeled this as the F12 State.

We all move closer to a common understanding.  :wink:

Bedeekin

I forgot to upload the videos I did years ago on how to induce the vibrational state/sleep paralysis.

I am working on a new updated version of it using animation.

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-9hETPjJlo

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKglrf2-co0

Lionheart

Those videos have some pretty scary images in them, lol.  :-o

bluremi

Some questions:

1) How long is the nap?

2) How much time must pass between the nap and when you finally go to bed? If  you're napping at 10PM I assume you wait at least two hours before going to sleep at midnight, but maybe that's not right?

Bedeekin

1) I used to bother about details like that but it became complicated because it can alter with different people. One thing that is a given is that it should be natural. half an hour, to an hour and a half long. It needs to be woken up from immediately... no rolling over and snoozing. It also works better if the nap you had was dreamless. This should be so though if you haven't slept within the last 8 hours or so.

2) From an hour to 4 hours.

Yes you are correct.

Szaxx

I tried it and had 2 seconds of lead body on Jupiter.
It was different and nothing scarey at all. It was peaceful as in deep phasing.
If chance allows I'll try again. Hopefully lasts longer so I can experiment, I'd love to try the fear thing just to see whats its like. Id even rate it lol.
Nice experience.
Thanks B.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Bedeekin

Lead body on Jupiter!!  :-D nice

After experiencing it a friend of mine greeted me with "Thanks Ben... it was like a cow sitting on my chest".

The fear comes and goes with me. It happens very rarely now. I still haven't figured out what actually triggers it. Every time I had it when I was younger I would have the fear.

It usually happens to me if at the point of flipping into SP a thought like "I left the door unlocked" or "There is someone behind me" pops in.

The last time I had a 'WHHAAAAAAAAAAGH' type SP was maybe last year. I wasn't expecting it... I slipped into it after closing my eyes watching late night TV.... I remember glimpsing through my drowsy eyes that the TV had its "You TV is about to go into standby: please press OK" screen warning on. I then closed my eyes and upon slipping into SP the TV went off. Total silence... strong SP... I remember opening my eyes and seeing what looked like a boiling dripping hot demon's fist coming from my forehead... steam coming from the wound... no pain... just terror.

I realised the situation... 'IDIOT' and separated.

Szaxx

That sounds like devilish fun. Thing is, its probably my first one and I couldn't open my eyes at all. When I did everything came online fast.
I've remembered the feeling and will think on it. If any memory comes back then Ill let you know, good or bad.

Bedeekin

"Everything came online fast" haha

Sorry... your idioms are great.

Szaxx

When you actually think about the wider reality and this physical existance as a small part of it, to get the physical up and running your conciousness has to be enabled into the body and buffer activated.
Im not the first thinking this way.

Dlosp

When you say phase 1 in your videos is like this physical reality, for you at least is it exactly the physical reality or does your mind morph it to a certain degree?
Also you said you enter phase 2 astral projection from phase 1 sometimes, can you explain in detail how this happens? Im just confused.
I have had an actual vibrational state and stood up out of my body mid vibrations in my room before and it felt super hard to stand/get my balance
but the stuff i was experiencing last night felt like lucid dream/OBE.

I had an OBE in the earlier morning hours today like 4 am and i was in my apartment but some things were not the same. I think i felt vibrations at
one point so I knew it was an OBE. Also i had multiple false awakenings but I think they were still OBE's and i got up out of my bed and walked around my apartment, each scenario
being a little different.

i think when i was vibrating at one point i felt i floated up in the air a little and my body was just rotating non stop forward and i kept doing flips, it felt real so it was pretty cool.
i kept trying to make myself spin faster. but I couldn't do anything else.

after another awakening back in my bed, i got up and did the same routine to walk outside my room to my roomates room but I got stuck and couldnt walk anymore (this happened a few times)
one of the times it was like i was looking back and some figure was holding onto my foot

Bedeekin

"When you say phase 1 in your videos is like this physical reality, for you at least is it exactly the physical reality or does your mind morph it to a certain degree?"

Yes. I found it difficult to teach people phase 1 once I entered forums. I don't know why. It was this physical reality in the sense that nothing was unusual or different. There were no entities other than people walking dogs or milkmen delivering milk... buses running... trains... people sleeping, doing what they were doing etc. Friends would hide things for me to find in their houses and I would find them. I find it harder to do these days since I came online... probably because I started being told that it wasn't possible... sad really.

"Also you said you enter phase 2 astral projection from phase 1 sometimes, can you explain in detail how this happens? Im just confused."

When I first started 27/28 years ago.. every single projection was 1st phase... I didn't have a name for them back then. I lived in a small town with a tiny library and the internet wasn't around. lol

After about 10 years I started getting a 2nd type of OOBE that wasn't in this reality. They would be entered when my mind began to wander or other times when I passed through a wall or other solid object. Because they were all significantly different than my usual OOBEs I could only class them as 2nd phase. They apparently consisted of other realities... as real as this one but running on different physics and rules. I would repeat visit some of them. Some I came to be very familiar with. I even called one place Kaidin... amazing... A single moon hung in the sky about 10 miles above its surface. Some realities I could be seen.. others not... some I would scare the denizens. Anyway... I began calling these 2nd phase because they were. If I hadn't have come online ever I would call the 'astral' 3rd phase in the sense that it was plastic and almost like it was set in a dream environment that was basically a messed up version of this one. In all... if I was left to my own devices and never had any influence from Forums and other APers... I would have probably categorised them all. Looking back... that's actually a little bit sad isn't it? Never mind.

The astral or what I would have called '3rd phase' started encroaching on my 1st phase attempts as a dream or collection of random images running alongside the OOBE. After a while it was difficult to ignore them and I would sort of step inside them. So I was actually 'phasing' within a 1st phase OOBE.

1st phase had a quality of being bodyless and totally weightless... seemingly as a point of consciousness.. an atom. I say this because many times I would find myself in front of a vast landscape or wall... only to realise when I backed up that I was actually really close to an object. This happened when I went to visit my girlfriend Kath... I found myself looking at a vast white wall that stretched on upwards seemingly forever... when I backed up it revealed itself to be a white plastic chair leg in the apartment she was staying in.

Dlosp

that sounds awesome, thanks for the reply. I hope I can have a bunch of experiences like you. I wish I could just sleep all day and project