News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Sleep Deprivation

Previous topic - Next topic

patrickman288

Hey guys. Would making yourself really, really tired help in AP? Is it similar to waking up from a nap or sleep? What about other things to make you tired like melatonin, or benadryl?

Astralsuzy

Sadly it would not help you to ap.    You have a very high chance of falling asleep.   I am successful with ap when I am not tired.

Bluefirephoenix

For AP to mean anything you need control. The random bedtime ones are just like vivid dreams. It's best learned sitting in a chair and during hours when your wide awake.

Szaxx

If you've decades of experiences it can be useful. Note the word useful.
Sleep deprivation has its problems with hallucinations and you're far more likely to enter an alpha wave state. This CAN be hazardous to those around you and yourself if attempting to operate machinery with a constant tone.
You're far safer physically and more likely to achieve an exit with ALL the sleep your body needs.
When starting out there's 80% more success this way, usually a mornings attempt.
You do need to be in control as pointed out.

Stay safe...
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

soarin12

Quote from: Bluefirephoenix on February 09, 2015, 09:13:06
For AP to mean anything you need control. The random bedtime ones are just like vivid dreams. It's best learned sitting in a chair and during hours when your wide awake.

For AP to mean anything you need control. -- A strong statement!  I agree 'control' would be the best case scenario.  But what about someone who holds intention for something (say to reunite with a friend at a distance, or see a deceased loved one ) and then experiences it several days or a week later when they least expect it through suddenly popping lucid from the dream state, or even having a non-lucid, very clear dream where information and meaningful content is given?  So not a controlled experience per se, but one where prayer/ intent was generated at some prior date and the 'answer' came at a seeming random date sometime after that.

Do you agree that this kind of experience is meaningful as well?