Some actual progress, and a tip for newbies.

Previous topic - Next topic

hapdude

So for the last 9 months or so I have been trying to AP. I will admit that my attempts have been quite sporadic which could obviously be one of the reasons why nothing has really happened so far, but last night I had my first signs of an actual experience. I went to bed early last night so that I could lay in bed and attempt to AP (I know that your not supposed to try in bed but I can't help it   :-D ) Anyways, I must have fallen asleep considering I woke up about 2 hours later, realizing my failure yet again I just went back to sleep.

I spent the next few hours of sleep waking up every 10 minutes or so, then I woke yet again and I tried to roll over but I couldn't move at all, I realized that I must have been in sleep paralysis (something I had never experienced before) and I tried to lay there calmly, I heard something whisper to me, but I didn't really "hear" it as the sound didn't seem to come from anywhere, it's pretty hard to explain, the tone of the voice seemed "friendly" in a way, I couldn't make out any words even though only a couple words were said, it all seemed like gibberish to me. I than began to feel the "vibrations", I've heard many people say that it's like being in a vibrating chair, but to me that seems like a misleading description, as the the vibrations didn't seem to come from an external source, but it's as if they came from "inside" me. The vibrations were increasing greatly in intensity, but I unfortunately was getting very excited (what would you expect if after nine months this was the first thing to happen to you?) and the vibrations stopped suddenly and the sleep paralysis subsided and I was able to move again. Hopefully next time I can keep calm and prevent my self from getting overexcited.

Although I am in no position to be giving advise on Astral Projection one thing I would like to tell the newbies is that you need to stay patient, yet dedicated. When I first started out I would literally force myself to meditate for hours, and after reading books by people like Robert Monroe, Robert Bruce, and Steve G. Jones, and hearing about the wonderful and unbelievable experiences they had I was setting myself up for disappointment. I had expected way to much at the beginning and although some people seem to be "naturals" at Astral Projection and can figure it out after a few weeks that's definitely not the case normally. I don't post very much here but I usually check every week or so and I have to say that I have seen way to many newbies that post every day and naively think that every bump in the night and odd sensation they feel somehow means that they will AP a couple days after learning about it, and after a few weeks they are never seen again on the forums, having probably given up as I did after being disappointed one to many times, fortunately I realized the error in my thinking after a while and realized how high my expectations were and tried again after a few months. So if you are new at this please don't become obsessed as I and many others others become and end up being horribly disappointed. Start out slowly and try one method at a time otherwise you will end up horribly frustrated and eventually give up, and don't expect anything to happen right away, look at me it, it took me months before anything substantial happened, and I'm still trying.

~Hapdude

embrace

Totally. Mastering astral projection can take a lot of time, because in our society we usually don't have the skills required to achieve OOBE fast and we need to develop those first. Patience and regular practice is the key.

GetInThePuma

Right on dude, I know where you are coming from I read a lot on these forums as well, thx for the advice and congrats I hope you get a lot further next time, have you ever experienced slight vibrations that seem to coordinate with muscle tension in the chest area?

rain_88

The only time I've experienced "vibrations", it seemed it was originating from the inside of my chest....
I am sorry, I am so, for the things you don't know
And as for the things you do, I am sorry for those too

Contenteo