News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Strong Vibrations are scary

Previous topic - Next topic

wow

I'm in the process of reading a book called (Astral Dynamics - A new approach to out of body experience), but I have a quick question about the vibration part, maybe someone can explain.

Sometimes I feel very strong vibrations that would wake up me & frighten me, are those the vibrations that people experience before an OBE?

It happens when I'm relaxed on bed listening to binaural beats trying to have an OBE. When I fall a sleep or feel unconscious for few minutes, I get those massive sudden vibration mostly on my legs. What are they?

How do I know when I have entered the phase, and how do I separate?

Forgive my early curiosity!  :|    

Boom

Hi wow, interesting you posted this today.

Yesterday afternoon I was also listening to some binaural beats. Nothing really happened during that time I just relaxed. I kinda fell asleep, as I woke up and was aware the mp3 has finished and as such I wasnt listening to anything anymore!
I rolled over to my side (natural sleeping position) and sort of dozed a bit more, nothing special.
But the whole time I had Astral Projection on my mind.

I was really hearing that high pitched tone like ears ringing and I was focussing on it and it was getting louder and louder. I then felt that woosh sensation which I have done before when I have had experience with AP, but this time i was wooshing and wooshing further. It wasnt a smooth woosh either it started getting really bumpy, like vibraty and it was really just in my head i could feel it. But I could also feel a sort of feeling around my body. It actually felt like I was giving myself a brain hemmorage or doing some kinda damage. Because it felt really strong in my head and it sounded loud. That high pitched tone suddenly shot up in tune and i was definately phasing out. Its a very strange hard to describe sensation.

But i opened my eyes because it did worry me I was damaging myself. It wasnt quite the vibrations i was expecting. I think as its quite difficult to explain it, and because different people seem to get it differently its hard to put it down to one thing.

I want to try and get it back and go further with it, because I believe I would get a good AP with it hopefully one day. Other APs I've had havent exactly been particularly clear, or controlled because I have entered them from a lucid dream, and I've never had the vibrations. I've had that wooshy sensation but thats it.  They have only been few and far apart also.  Like perhaps 3 times since I started getting into Astral Projection in March.

I want to be able to do this at will more easilly.

wow

I was first introduced to this AP phenomenon in March and ever since then I became connected with this world. I think I experienced a quick OBE yesterday, but I didn't realize it when it occurred. I felt separations on my body, then I saw my room and a bright light coming from the window. I didn't have a strong intention to get up, I only stared at the room for a little bit. After that I'm not sure what happened, I felt like I went back to sleep. This time I had no vibrations at all.

Anyway If you would like a copy of the book as PDf, I will be more than happy to link you 'the pirate way.'   :lol:

wow

By the way the strong vibrations seem to come when I imagine myself kicking a soccer ball. As soon as my leg hits the imaginary ball, my leg shacks as well as my body. Those shacks are very intense most of time, maybe they can induce a quick OBE if used right.  :|

Xanth

Quote from: wow on June 25, 2011, 01:17:12
By the way the strong vibrations seem to come when I imagine myself kicking a soccer ball. As soon as my leg hits the imaginary ball, my leg shacks as well as my body. Those shacks are very intense most of time, maybe they can induce a quick OBE if used right.  :|
You're "priming" you consciousness when you do that.  :)
Essentially, you're doing a "Mental Rundown".
If you kept that rundown going, you'd eventually step into the scene and you would be THERE, kicking the ball, as if you were doing so in your physical life.  You'd have phased and projecting.  :)

wow

Quote from: Xanth on June 25, 2011, 14:35:46
You're "priming" you consciousness when you do that.  :)
Essentially, you're doing a "Mental Rundown".

Interesting, I will Google it right now for more in-depth.

Appreciated the keywords and feedback.  :-D

CFTraveler

Quote from: wow on June 24, 2011, 02:20:54
I'm in the process of reading a book called (Astral Dynamics - A new approach to out of body experience), but I have a quick question about the vibration part, maybe someone can explain.

Sometimes I feel very strong vibrations that would wake up me & frighten me, are those the vibrations that people experience before an OBE?
If the vibes are so strong that they frighten you, more than likely they are separation vibes.
QuoteIt happens when I'm relaxed on bed listening to binaural beats trying to have an OBE. When I fall a sleep or feel unconscious for few minutes, I get those massive sudden vibration mostly on my legs. What are they?
However, when you listen to binaurals sometimes sensations are triggered (mostly localized, like very fast muscle twitches) that are not separation vibrations, they are simple side effects of the beating input. 
I (and many others throughout the years) find that for some reason, the binaurals designed for light relaxation cause this more than the ones designed for deeper trance induction.

QuoteHow do I know when I have entered the phase, and how do I separate?
Hypnagogics, sounds, possibly voices, seeing through your eyelids are a bunch of ways to know you're either there, or almost there.
To separate use an exit technique (searchable items) or just go with movement, if you are feeling it.

QuoteForgive my early curiosity!  :|    
Better to know stuff than not to.

wow

Thank you CFTraveler, very helpful post.

Love your signature  :roll:.