Such difficulty getting out of body in any form

Previous topic - Next topic

ruffyreborn

Hello everyone. Ive been attempting to project for many weeks now, and as far as I can tell Ive not been successful. Ive had many different sensations and feelings, but never have I consciously gotten out of my body...

Ive tried all sorts of techniques... Mostly at night because I have a rather incompatible schedule with such activities. Ive attempted meditation (and have become pretty adept at it.) Ive tried many exit techniques after reaching great relaxation, but to no avail. I get sensations as if Im being "inflated," "stretched outward," maybe even "pulled away from my body," but it doesnt last long.

I can sense vibrations at any time, even right now, just theyre rather weak because Im focusing on everything else with me being awake. Only once did I randomly wake up and feel the vibrations as if I was next to a freight train, or maybe on one of those massage chairs... I failed to project because I fell asleep within a minute or two. Ive only felt the intense vibrations this one time, most other times theyre fairly light.

Last night I tried getting up at 4am and moving to a different area. I didnt reach (and rarely do) sleep paralysis, or even numbness, but my awareness of most of my body was gone. Between 4 and 5, I felt the "pulling away" sensation 3 times, but they gradually got weaker after each subsequent failed attempt to get out of body. The very last time, I just thought I would try to sit up during the odd sensations because if I failed, I was just going to go back to sleep anyway... So once I felt the pull, I physically sat up (because when I envision it, I cant seem to get out.) After that, I just went back to bed.

Also during the first pull sensation last night, I felt like I couldnt breathe, but I was still breathing, and I began to salivate a lot... I tried very hard to ignore these, but I had to swallow, and after that I became aware of my breathing again, and the "pulling sensation" dissipated quickly.

Often when I attempt to meditate or get out of body, I have one huge hurdle. I get super itchy, and it seems to really be a problem only when Im attempting to OBE. during my day to day activities I rarely even notice getting itchy. My mouth also usually gets very dry, which also is a distraction.

Here are some of the techniques Ive used to either enter trances, to get out of body, to relax and whatever else.

1. Still Meditation (up to 2 hours)
2. Binaural beats
3. Waking without moving
4. Going to sleep while focusing (either on a physical noise such as a fan/breathing, inner ringing or on imagined imagery.)
5. Waking up early while drowsy and moving to another area

1. Climbing out with rope
2. Rolling out
3. Sitting up
4. Trap door on head
5. Imagining being somewhere nearby

Note: I have tried ALL of these and more while being totally relaxed (just let things happen,) and Ive also tried them while trying to force OBE (as in I feel as if I can move something inside me, but nothing actually physically moves. I just "push" my inner feelings?)

I am very eager to experience the astral, or even just to get out of body... I realize there are tons of different threads tailored to each person needing help, but thats just it. I need a one-on-one, a teacher(s) as it were.

Very much looking forward to getting out... My girlfriend has left a note on top of our refrigerator so that I can tell her what it says without physically seeing it... This isnt my main driving force, but it is a driving force nonetheless.

Thanks for any help before hand!

astralee

have you tried lucid dreaming as a back up. and do you wright down your dreams try that and  see if your just forgeting your experinces.

ruffyreborn

Quote from: astralee on September 30, 2012, 12:58:22
have you tried lucid dreaming as a back up. and do you wright down your dreams try that and  see if your just forgeting your experinces.

I havent tried lucid dreaming because I have so much difficulty achieving it, and thus far ive never had a lucid dream. I dont write my dreams down, but i always perform dream recall every day and have little difficulty remembering them. I can easily remember dreams from months even years ago. My dreams, however, are never in my control. Its always as if im watching a movie, either in third or first person.

Lionheart

You can't force this!  What are your results, where do you feel like you are getting stuck? Do you experience any of the Astral "signposts?
If you have have little difficulty recalling your Dreams, I have news for you, you are already Lucid Dreaming. Lucid Dreaming is becoming Consciously Aware in your dreams. When you are Consciously Aware in your Dreams, you have full Dream recall. If you are seeing your Dreams from a point of view, third person, first person, you are Lucid Dreaming. Try to strengthen your awareness at this point. Use some grounding techniques like rubbing your hands together or looking around your location to become more aware of your surroundings. From there you can create a doorway, portal whatever you will to choose, go through it and see where it leads. Once you "realize" you are in a Dream you can start experimenting in that Dream. That's the key right there, you have to become aware. there is one other way too, you can awaken, then go back and "Rescript" that Dream. This way you are Consciously Aware from the beginning, so you gain full control of the circumstances and scenario.

astralee

mine are like that  most off the time im not doing realty checks. like today  my realty check is looking at my hands and i will ask my self if im dreaming or not. my dream started at a party and i was holding a vidieo camra thinking the recording was rubbish and moving my arms about i was questioning  my dreams but i still dident realize im dreaming. if thats like yours  your on the wright path. keep at it.  

ruffyreborn

Quote from: Lionheart on September 30, 2012, 16:09:47
You can't force this!  What are your results, where do you feel like you are getting stuck? Do you experience any of the Astral "signposts?
If you have have little difficulty recalling your Dreams, I have news for you, you are already Lucid Dreaming. Lucid Dreaming is becoming Consciously Aware in your dreams. When you are Consciously Aware in your Dreams, you have full Dream recall. If you are seeing your Dreams from a point of view, third person, first person, you are Lucid Dreaming. Try to strengthen your awareness at this point. Use some grounding techniques like rubbing your hands together or looking around your location to become more aware of your surroundings. From there you can create a doorway, portal whatever you will to choose, go through it and see where it leads. Once you "realize" you are in a Dream you can start experimenting in that Dream. That's the key right there, you have to become aware. there is one other way too, you can awaken, then go back and "Rescript" that Dream. This way you are Consciously Aware from the beginning, so you gain full control of the circumstances and scenario.

I have experienced some of the "milestones." What i mean about the lucid dreams is that i cant take control. I dont realizeim dreaming, i cant remember to do reality checks in my dreams. :(

As for where i get stuck... i wish i could explain better. I cant always reach heavy vibrations and never sleep paralysis, but i can easily get constant "tingles" and the "pulling" sensation, as if my insides are being pulled out. But it dissipates quickly and even more so after subsequent attempts. I imagine this is mostly about correct performance of methods rather than the methods themselves... but i wont knowuntil i achieve projection.

Quote from: astralee on September 30, 2012, 16:16:16
mine are like that  most off the time im not doing realty checks. like today  my realty check is looking at my hands and i will ask my self if im dreaming or not. my dream started at a party and i was holding a vidieo camra thinking the recording was rubbish and moving my arms about i was questioning  my dreams but i still dident realize im dreaming. if thats like yours  your on the wright path. keep at it.  

That sounds close to me... its like i know its not real but i dont know im dreaming. Its odd

Lionheart

Hello, you should practice doing "Reality checks" during the daytime. It will bleed over to your nights. Every time you walk through a door, turn a light on, eat something, have something surprise you, etc.. These are all great times to do it. The more you do it in the day, the better a chance you will continue to do them at night while Dreaming.
Good Luck!  :-)

Astralsuzy

I do not know if this is the reason for you having trouble getting out of your body.  To be able to get out of your body you must believe you can get out.  If you think it is hard to get out it will be.  I used to find it hard getting out but now I find it very easy to get out.

Xanth

ruffyreborn

Thanks for the input this far, i do appreciate it.

Xanth

Quote from: Astralsuzy on September 30, 2012, 19:47:43
I do not know if this is the reason for you having trouble getting out of your body.  To be able to get out of your body you must believe you can get out.  If you think it is hard to get out it will be.  I used to find it hard getting out but now I find it very easy to get out.
"Belief" is a strong enabler, no doubt about that.
However, you don't necessarily have to believe it... that's why people who have never even heard of Astral Projection have spontaneously projected.

Honestly though... as I've always said, people project every single night of their lives.  The point isn't to "get out of your body", it's to being awareness to your consciousness while you're experiencing another reality.  :)

THAT is all projection is.

Stookie_

Quote from: ruffyreborn on September 30, 2012, 17:09:58
...but i can easily get constant "tingles" and the "pulling" sensation, as if my insides are being pulled out. But it dissipates quickly and even more so after subsequent attempts.

These types of sensations are common when entering trance and are often mistaken for separation symptoms. If anything, they're an indication that you are just starting to get somewhere and need to deepen your trance. As you go deeper, you'll lose even more connection with your body and those things will pass and the real symptoms will start to happen.

ruffyreborn

I successfully got out of body last night, but only for a few moments... I couldnt separate by sitting up and out... My legs were trapped. After realizing this i quickly laid back down and just rolled out onto the floor. After hitting the floor i tried to get away from my body as quickly as possible, but i couldnt see where to go. (Thinking back, i believe i could see, but it was in a different way i wasnt used to. Obviously.) While sitting on the floor i backed into the dresser and couldnt move any further. I tried to shift through it and the wall but no luck. After sitting there a moment i tried to open my eyes, and i did physically. After being pulled back in, i couldnt get back out for the rest of the night. My cat was too much of a distraction, as were my thoughts.

I took a unisom to help me sleep last night. I wasnt planning on getting oob, but figured id try again. I also listened to binaural beats. I successfully got out around 10:30pm, just 90 minutes after i began trying.

My cat was on my legs the whole time, and a pillow on my chest. While i was sitting up, i could feel the pillow, and i think my cat is why my legs were stuck... Idk. Regardless, finally, after months, ive had a successful oob experience while aware.

If anyone wants to know what i felt before/during/after just ask. Everyones different and they feel/hear/see different things. Much of the advice i read wasnt tailored for me, as everyones different... Id be more than happy to add a little more information to this vast subject.

Magic_Love

I would like to know what you felt before you went out of your body...?

I've only reached intense vibrations in my whole body and snapping sounds in my ears...
Then felt floating sensations and gotten to the point where I am feeling as if I am coming out of my body but then I always open my eyes because, well... I get afraid. (I know there's nothing to be afraid of, it's just the sensation that "freaks" me out)

Lionheart

Quote from: Magic_Love on October 12, 2012, 17:02:44
Then felt floating sensations and gotten to the point where I am feeling as if I am coming out of my body but then I always open my eyes because, well... I get afraid. (I know there's nothing to be afraid of, it's just the sensation that "freaks" me out)
This is why practice is so important. You will get to the point where you welcome these signposts and just stay the course. But you have to wait until they pass BEFORE you attempt to AP. You will see that after a couple of minutes they will subside, you will have a quiet period. This is when you should attempt to project.

Magic_Love

Thank You @Lion

I do not knwo if this is the right thread, perhaps not but...
One time I was in a very deep meditation, I experienced all those vibratons etc
But I was just so deep, and then everything stopped and all the sudden it was as if I was somewhere else, almost as a lucid dream or obe where you see from your perspective, you know, as you look on your comupter screen now.

I was all the sudden in a big room, living room, in a really big house and there were 1 or 2 kids opening presents and a woman there, I just stood there watching them (ehh) and all the sudden it was as if I flew or got sucked into my body again and I opened my eyes and were like Wt# just happened...

Was that some kind of astral or lucid. It was not a fantasy or thought that popped up during the meditation, I know those, this felt more like either a lucid dream or some sort of astral but that I went somewhere instant.

But I do not know why I went there or who they were... hmm...

That's the only time from thousands of meditations that have happened. I literally felt as if I went somewhere...

Lionheart

Hi Magic, it sounds like you successfully "consciously" experienced the Non Physical Reality. Which I would guess was your goal!  :-)

Astralsuzy

Quote from: Magic_Love on October 12, 2012, 22:02:44

From my experiences, the time to get out of your body is when you get the vibrations.  If you wait till the vibrations are over, the ap will end.  Do not think you have to get vibrations to get out of your body.  A lot of times you do not get vibrations and you are able to get out of your body. 
When you felt yourself floating that was the time to spiritually move and to go somewhere.  It is difficult to do that if you are afraid.  If you want to ap you must get rid of your fear. 

Magic_Love

@astral
Yeah I know and I am practicing to get rid of it, practise makes perfect as they say.

The day will come, I can get to the vibrational state very easy these days and now it's time for me to conquer the next step :)

Lionheart

Actually with more practice, the day will come whereas you can enter this "state" without any signposts at all!  :-) Many of the more experienced APers don't report any kind of vibrations or symptoms in general at all any more. They just switch their focus 360 degrees from Physical to Non Physical without the bells and whistles. They can do this because they KNOW they can!

Magic_Love

Oh really ?! Wow, well it makes sense. Then I am just going to continue my practising until I a) get out of my body and then b) until the day I also can just get out without any of these "signposts".

But it's good that there are signposts for beginners then they know when they are close.

Xanth

Lose the concept of "leaving your body"... it'll only hold you back.
Work on the concept of "getting into your consciousness"... for that's the only real goal.  :)