News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Tai Chi

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdeadevil

I started doing this the other week, been playing around with some forms and reading up on theory behind it. Do you think this could possibly help with astral projection? Because I've read that it increases the amount of Chi energy in your body, and astral projection requires a Chi body.

Contenteo

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes.

Tai Chi is about teaching you to be relaxed at all times. There is power in this softness. One who has released themselves from 'hard' thoughts is more receptive in all walks of life, projection included.

In a more direct light, the way I understand it, you are training your body to essentially become a tuning fork when you learn the form.

The Tao Da Ching(one of the foremost texts of Taoism), when read from a projectors point of view is essentially a astral projection training guide.

Cheers,
Contenteo

rezaf

There are two categories of martial arts: Internal and External. However categorizing different styles into them is not very easy as there are many overlaps and almost all the genuine styles have both internal and external aspects to various degrees but anyway Taijiquan(tai chi) along with xinyi, bagua and a few other styles are traditionally called the internal martial arts. Theses styles were not really created or developed for a spiritual purpose and their sole goal like any other martial art was to train the body to be more effective in fights. However in order to be more effective in using all the power of the body the creators of these arts started incorporating the (mainly)Daoist philosophy and their qigong meditation in their martial skills. So in some ways meditations that were created for becoming immortals (or something like that  :roll: ) were preserved and passed on in the form of martial arts more like a side effect but after guns and western weapons changed the way  of fighting, since there was not much need for martial arts anymore, the health or spiritual aspect gradually got popular especially in Yang style of Taijiquan.

As for your question, I think it really depends on how you learn and practice Taijiquan.  All  kinds of physical training can help in moving and saving the qi in your body and if taijiquan is just practiced as a series of dancing moves then it will give you the same benefit that you can get by going to an aerobic class or anything like that, the only difference is that it is more suitable for the elderly because of being relatively slow.  However in order to get the full benefit you should find a good teacher from a legitimate lineage. The training for that kind of taijiquan is difficult and needs spending a lot of time on both the meditation/qigong aspect and hard physical training so that your three external harmonies(the particular body mechanics of taiji, xinyi and bagua) and your three internal harmonies can get connected.

Edit: BTW I know that in English it is usually called tai chi but to avoid any confusion I just want to mention that in Mandarin 太極 is pronounced  "tai ji" and as you see it's different from 氣 qi(pronouced chi in English) energy.

Jdeadevil

Thanks for the replies you two, I've only just started to practice is really. I've experimented with warm-ups and forms, but I'm looking into going to an actual class or asking if I can get personal training, my gym does Tai Chi with Yoga and other activities.

rezaf

In case you want to learn the serious type of taijiquan that can actually help you with astral projection, just make sure that you find a good instructor. Here in China it is hard to find that kind of instructor and what they teach at most of the gyms and parks is mostly simplified forms without mentioning anything about the internal power which is better than doing nothing but not much better than doing any other physical activities. I can just guess that it is worse outside of China. However I think if you ask people on a martial arts forum like this:  www.emptyflower.net you might have more luck in finding a good instructor. There are also other arts that you can look into like "yi quan" or just simply all kinds of "qigong" which are more focused on the meditation part.

Jdeadevil

Wouldn't it severely limit me online though? Lol

rezaf

I meant they can help you to locate an instructor near where you live. It's impossible to learn these things from online videos or books.

nofarewell7

Just discovered this, any other Tai Chi practitioners here who use the art for projection? I am planning to use it for my next sessions; I think it might greatly help with changing the focus.

Xanth

Well, honestly ANY martial art will help you with your focus.
I find that my Aikido training has greatly assisted in my ability to focus along with providing several other benefits.