Technique was given to me, what does it do exactly

Previous topic - Next topic

lucid dancer

This doesn't ring a bell Tom! It sounds very incomplete. It could be a way to focus before meditation or a projection, with the third eye activated.  It did remind me of one of Monroe's techniques to have a projection.  I just read his first book, so it's still in my mind.  Following relaxation and vibrations, with your eyes closed, focus your attention on a spot one foot in front of your face, then move the spot to three feet across. Change the angle of the focus to 30 degrees above your head and six feet away, move it one last time, still at six feet, but above your head, perfectly aligned with your body. He explained how he felt for the vibrations in that location and pulled them into his body. Following this was an exit technique. ...I don't understand why he chose different focus points, and those particular ones. I think he mentioned that this sequence was a sort of trigger.  I haven't tryed it myself.  Of course this could be a completely different technique then what was referred to you!

Frank

What is described basically follows along the lines of some of my early posts and sounds more to me like phasing. The person who told you that probably sees only a whitish screen but it is possible for different people to see all kinds of different shaps and/or colours. Also, with me, while I can understand what is meant by moving your visual attention forwards (because that's how it feels) personally it feels more like a moving upwards and forwards, into the expanse of the mind.

Yours,
Frank

Tom

The person who gave me the technique only tells me enough to get started. He does not go on to describe what happens next, what the technique is good for, or what to do with it. Looking at a blank screen is just the beginning. The first few times I tried it resulted in dizziness. I asked if the dizziness was supposed to go away. It is.

Leyla

Dizziness- man you weren't kidding!

Keep me posted on the rest of this technique. I'm going to practice with it.

Frank

Tom, instead of rolling your eyes upwards as well, just keep them crossed (with eyelids shut) to the point where you feel a kind of strain. Ease off so the straining feeling doesn't get too bad (which can do depending on how much tension you have in that area). Then cross your eyes some more and try and work through the "strain barrier".

Once you can get to the stage where your eyes are crossed and they are comfortable in that position, this should put your focal point of awareness somewhere about in the middle of your head. (Well, provided you can do this without all the usual mind-chatter, in which case your focal point of awareness will remain about the throat region).

Then imagine yourself moving backwards into the expanse of your mind and you should be able to activate your Crown centre. First clue is you feel a slight mental spasm and your ears will shut-down for the duration of the spasm. I leave the air-con fan on at night to keep the air moving around the room so it doesn't get stuffy. So I can always hear the slight whirring of the fan. I use this sound as a signal that my Crown centre is activativating, as the sound of the fan shuts out for an instant which is very noticeable; where the spasm, initially, is hardly noticeable at all.

At the beginning, the slight mental spasm is *very* slight. In other words, you can't feel it all that well. It's like someone quickly (but ever so gently) stroked the inside of your head with a feather and at the same time you perceive a slight swooshing sensation. It is *so* slight that is was actually the shutting out of the sound of the fan that first indicated to me something was happening.

Now I use the fan's sound as an indicator all the time, as this is a very clear indicator that I'm getting close. Because, at the very beginning, the mental spasm is SO slight I can't feel it. However, no matter how slight the spasm, my ears still completely shut down for the half-second or so the spasm is occuring. Which is very noticeable.  

Then, if you relax into it, you should get stronger spasms occuring over a shorter time. Following which the frequency will increase to the point where they become a kind of buzzing sensation. At which point you will feel very light, like your physical body is floating in mid air. At which point you are free to travel.

Yours,
Frank

SiVA

quote:
Originally posted by Frank:

Tom, instead of rolling your eyes upwards as well, just keep them crossed (with eyelids shut) to the point where you feel a kind of strain.

Hi Frank, so keep the eyes rolling upwards as well as crossed? Or just cross the eyes and don't roll them up ?

Thanks

Frank

Just try and keep them crossed. With your eyelids closed, and your physical body relaxed, close your eyes and imagine each eye looking at the other. There will be a point of strain. Keep working on seeing through this point of strain to the point where your physical eyes are relaxed. This puts your focal point of awareness up to the centre of your head.

Yours,
Frank

shorty

Frank, I'm blind, and have uncontrolled eye movement. How could this be adapted so that I can get the same results?

Michael

Frank

Michael, I don't know.

What I can say is, the crossing of the eyes is simply to bring a person's focal point of awareness to the centre of the head. Otherwise, what happens is the eyes just relax any old how and the focal point of awareness sinks to the chest (or some other lower region) then the person falls asleep. But holding that point of awareness in the upper part of the head will keep the mind awake while the body soon gets bored and drifts off to sleep.

I guess what you have to do is find out where your focal point of awareness is situated, as you come to relax and begin your practice. As you are blind I guess you use your hands a lot so you might find it there. I know I do sometimes when I've been tinkering in my workshop using my hands a lot.

Yours,
Frank

rodentmouse

Frank  i know precisely what your talking about,  but for some reason  i cant seem to project like that.

I  bring my awareness up to my brow and crown, and  i  feel as if my  consiousness  is shrinking  until it rests in my brow.

This is how far i usually get,  so.........

1)  how long must you hold your awareness in  that "spot"  to project???
( if its different for all people,  how long in your case?????)

2) could it be that im not relaxed enough???  I  can  ALWAYS  sense tention  in my shoulders and neck???

3)   how importance is a  "chatter-free"   mind at this point???  
I  usually comment  and clarify the sensations i feel at the time.

I think that im not relaxed enough and i still have trouble settling the mind,  especially when  i feel new sensations.

Tom

Here is a quote below, and I want to know about what gains can be expected from it. It seems to cause dizziness when the point is found. Is it the projection technique I think it is or more like the phasing techniques in this forum?

"Anyway, here is the answer you requested: close your eyes--as if going to sleep, or to go to sleep--; cross your eyes and roll them up till you feel a pressure in your forehead between your eyes (third eye); then, while keeping your eyes in that position and focusing on the third eye, move your 'visual attention' forward, so that you feel as though you are looking forward at your eyelids.  If you manage the instruction, it should seem as though you are looking at a self illuminated whitish screen."