News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

An Astral question....

Previous topic - Next topic

jilola

My expectation is that the astral manifestation of my awareness (ie. my soul) is whatever I choose it to be.

And as most of you know I still haven't had a conscious recalled projection so the above is for the time being to be confirmed.

2cents

jouni

RandomName

quote:
When phasing into the Astral, since we use our minds and not our spiritual bodies, do we still have an actual body form of some kind or are we just points of consciousness?

Personally, i think we are just a point of conciousness, chock full of energy. When we feel we have a body, our astral self generates appendages or anything else you look at. They melt away when your mind clarifys that you have hands.  

quote:
Say a person finds him/her self holding a newspaper with their hands in the Astral, do the same rules apply as in an OBE that the arms are supposed to melt if you happen to glance at them? Or, can they remain intact?

I think that your hands will only melt if you focus on them in some way. If you think "my hands" and look at them, they will melt. If you think, "whats in my hands?" they will melt because you are still referencing them and focusing on whats in them. if you think "the newspaper" then your hands will remain in tact as long as you don't focus on them. Your focus will shift to the newspaper. I don't know if they actually melt or not while out of your focus.

Oh well :-)

"View people like a shattered mirrior. The peices show the distorted personality. View the peices as a whole and you will see their true reflection."-Poem by Me

jilola

So why won't the newspaper melt?
I would expect nothing to melt or exhibit any strange behaviour if one has completely accepted the fact of being a point of awareness manifested in a projection on the astral.

2cents  

jouni

RandomName

Im no genious but id say the paper won't melt because it is a manifestation of ones own energy. Your holding the idea/shape/form of the paper in mind, keeping it stable, as you would with your astral sword. Should you accept the fact that your in the astral and understand everything involving yourself, the paper probably would melt, because you wouldn't care for it in the first place, unless you were concious when you created it :-)

"View people like a shattered mirrior. The peices show the distorted personality. View the peices as a whole and you will see their true reflection."-Poem by Me

James S

From my experience of phasing you still have a "body" that is essentially attached to your consciousness. I know this to be true of my experiences because I have met my guide a few times while phasing, and I've sat down to talk with her, we've given each other hugs (my guide is very affectionate and increadibly attractive so I don't mind it), and I fell once (don't ask unless you want me to go into the whole story) and my guide caught my hands and helped me back up.

The best way I can describe it is "residual self image" (refer - The Matrix)
Much depends on what you believe you will see.

James.

Hephaestus

quote:
Originally posted by James S:
we've given each other hugs (my guide is very affectionate and increadibly attractive so I don't mind it),

James.

You lucky sod, get in there my lad. *wink*

Adrian

Greetings,

I think it is true to say that there is a body for whichever level of consciousness one are working at, together with an aura etc.. So at the Astral level, it is the Astra-Mental body.  It is quite possible (and often the case) that a physical body and Astra-Mental body can live and operate independantly of each other in their respective spheres. When you phase into the Astral, you are I presumably merely taking control of the Astra-Mental body.

The difficulties might arise if you are engaged in a pure Mental projection, in which case, although the Mental body can travel through the Astral realms as well as the Mental realms, Astral beings would have difficulty perceiving the density of a Mental body.

With best regards,

Adrian.

https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Tracy

Ok, I haven't seen my whole body while projecting (say in a mirror) but I happened to see my arms, which felt totally strange to view them.  I usually feel like a point of consciousness, just a small floating state of existence and to see arms coming out from this thought form felt weird.  This is all very new to me.  So, we have an actual body.   Maybe if I keep that in mind next time I project, it will not feel so strange.  

And concerning the newspaper, I am with you PSI.  I think since the attention is focused on the paper, the arms will not melt.

Thanks for all your help everyone!  This solves one problem out of the sea of mystery.

Tracy

"Man shall never reach his full capacity while chained to the earth.  We
> must take wing and conquer the heavens."--

Frank

quote:
Originally posted by James S:
(my guide is very affectionate and increadibly attractive so I don't mind it)  

Sorry, couldn't resist a chuckle or two thinking of yourself hugging another aspect of yourself. :)

Yours,
Frank

James S

Gee thanks Frank http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_tongue.gif" border=0>

Maybe I'm just a huggable guy http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_cool.gif" border=0> . Besides, what heterosexual guy wouldn't be attracted to another aspect of himself if that aspect was such a beautiful & loving woman?

Then again, is the personification of the spirit of nature another aspect of me, or am I another aspect of her?

Yours (or possibly hers)
James.

p.s. Tracy, next time there's a discussion like this or one about our guides, please remind me to keep my mouth shut. http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_blush.gif" border=0>

Frank

James: Of course I mean no offence which I'm taking that you realise. There are, no doubt, exceptions to the rule but guides are usually past incarnations of the same Self. My regular guide Harath, for example, is a different incarnation of me. Next time you meet with yours, ask her where she fits in.

Yours,
Frank

Tracy

No problem James S, we all understand.  You can  be as expressionative as you want.   http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_approve.gif" border=0>

Tracy

Adrian

Greetings Frank!

quote:
Originally posted by Frank:

of the same Self. My regular guide Harath, for example, is a different incarnation of me. Next time you meet with yours, ask her where she fits in.

I am intrigued by this perception regarding personal guides. I am not necessarily disagreeing, but it needs to be explored further I think.

Firstly, incarnation implies physical existence on this or another planet. Clearly the same Spirit cannot incarnate twice concurrently - usually anyway.  It is equally true to say that each time we incarnate, a different aspect of our  higher selves incarnates to gain exerience and/or pay karma to contribute to the whole self - like a multi-facted diamond. Our higher selves are the whole aspect of our lower ourselves, and the goal is perfection. Each of our multi-faceted higher selves is then a part of a group soul, and the group soul, or over-soul is again a product of all of the next group of souls and so on. And of course, all of this is taking place in the eternal now.

But to get to your point - if it is true to say that everyone is allocated a personal guide (as well as a guardian angel, which are on a different evolutionary path), why do you think your guide is another aspect of yourself?

Of course, considering the Astral is time and spaceless, then it is theoretically possible because there are no temporal limitations, but I am not so sure whether personal guides are really yourself. It is an interesting thought though, because if you could gather together all of your selves, you could have one heck of a party among yourself http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

The other pont is that people shouldn't ideally be hanging around the Astral for too long - only until the desire body has been fulfilled, and the illusion of desire and materiality exposed, and then they progress to the Mental realms.

With best regards,

Adrian.

https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Tracy

When phasing into the Astral, since we use our minds and not our spiritual bodies, do we still have an actual body form of some kind or are we just points of consciousness?

Say a person finds him/her self holding a newspaper with their hands in the Astral,  do the same rules apply as in an OBE that the arms are supposed to melt if you happen to glance at them?  Or, can they remain intact?

I know these questions are basic, but I would really like your input.

Thanks,

Tracy

"Man shall never reach his full capacity while chained to the earth.  We
> must take wing and conquer the heavens."--