News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

The Doorway

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumaza

Quote from: Rakkso on April 17, 2017, 13:45:04
Hello Lumaza, it is a fine technique you developed here, I was having difficulties focusing on it since I wasn't very visual at first, throughout the years I've learned the shapes come spontaneously in my mind and only then can the forms that you describe in the Doorway begin to take shape. I was not aware of those subtle thought processes leading me unaware into a state of no-being until I realized your technique was actually describing the pathway to ease my mind into progressively relaxing to accept the visualizations she would always come up with. It is indeed difficult to let go of all that noise and thinking patterns and ideas we sustain, but it worked just like counting sheep, meaning it would drag me unaware of myself into whatever I had previously focused my intent to be. The bright side is I can now allow myself to be drawn in deeper until the shapes start taking a form in themselves without me trying to control them and I saw them become the gate to launch into a wonderful experience, it was just like you said :-) It's nice to be back in the Astral Pulse, it's the first place I found had people very open to discussion and friendly, it's easy to connect intuitively with them.
Thank you for your kind words!  :-) I am happy to hear that you are finding success with this!  8-)
It works just like that. It's like tic tac toe or connect the dots. One part leads to the next. First you start with something simple to create a focus and pretty soon you have actually tricked a "shift" into occurring. Your initial focus is totally on the simple shapes and the next thing you know you aren't in "Kansas" anymore. You have shifted. Now the realization of that shift normally knocks you back to your physical focus, but at least you got a "taste" of what could be.
It really is that simple. We just need to get our Human conditioning out of the way and allow the process to progress.

QuoteI read in your work teaching people how to project and it's amazing you had such a great rate of success, I'd say two of the ten is a pretty low rate of failure lol watching your commitment indeed fuels me to want to become that committed to the Art too. I'm thankful since my guides show up everywhere and I'm always paying close attention, I could not sleep in bed comfortably not even in a million years without them.
Still 8 of them interested. We will see what next week brings. It's easy to fall off the wagon though!

QuoteThere is also another you mention which you use to alleviate pain, this would be something that could help humanity it seems, in the Hand of Creationwhen I would sit for too long in the computer I would have slight chest pains that would come during the next day, what I found is that the desk was unaligned with the pc up front, and this foreced me to turn my legs to a side a bit, so my body was turning even slightly to face directly at the pc, after months with this internet told it was my posture, so your technique sounds like it could help me since even now I don't realize when i'm slightly turning and I have had to use diclofenac potassium to alleviate the slight sharp pains in the chest area. How long did you practiced it before it worked for you? Thanks.
I first practiced "deferring" pain. Example, my back would hurt, so I would focus on my big toe. Other times I would begin my Tetrahedral point practice and that would take my focus right away from my physical body. Once deep enough, I just kind of "melted" into the 3rd darkness before my eyes. It took a while at first to totally close the pain down. I would say maybe a couple weeks or so of constant practice. But right off the bat, I received instant results, in that for the time being, I could temporarily shut the pain down.
With my Trigeminal Neuralgia it was all energy work/manipulation that would calm the spasms. For a time, I couldn't create a NP visual focus. That caused more pain. So, I had to learn to work around it.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Rakkso

Quote from: Lumaza on April 17, 2017, 14:08:24
Thank you for your kind words!  :-) I am happy to hear that you are finding success with this!  8-)
It works just like that. It's like tic tac toe or connect the dots. One part leads to the next. First you start with something simple to create a focus and pretty soon you have actually tricked a "shift" into occurring. Your initial focus is totally on the simple shapes and the next thing you know you aren't in "Kansas" anymore. You have shifted. Now the realization of that shift normally knocks you back to your physical focus, but at least you got a "taste" of what could be.
It really is that simple. We just need to get our Human conditioning out of the way and allow the process to progress.

That's just what I was thinking, I would however not get a taste but in a sense I remember some kind of Visual took place and after I removed the curtains I was just in where I was supposed to be thanks to my previously stated intent, with my body asleep and the harsh groggy awareness I did managed to clear the experience with good memory recall, this seemed to be ok at that time.

Quote from: Lumaza on April 17, 2017, 14:08:24
Still 8 of them interested. We will see what next week brings. It's easy to fall off the wagon though!

I first practiced "deferring" pain. Example, my back would hurt, so I would focus on my big toe. Other times I would begin my Tetrahedral point practice and that would take my focus right away from my physical body. Once deep enough, I just kind of "melted" into the 3rd darkness before my eyes. It took a while at first to totally close the pain down. I would say maybe a couple weeks or so of constant practice. But right off the bat, I received instant results, in that for the time being, I could temporarily shut the pain down.
With my Trigeminal Neuralgia it was all energy work/manipulation that would calm the spasms. For a time, I couldn't create a NP visual focus. That caused more pain. So, I had to learn to work around it.

Failing is what makes it all more thrilling as well, one can only expect to give his best to succeed or fail miserably. I would play basketball as a child in school tournaments, and the only year we won I remember spending every afternoon practicing dunking balls in the park. Dunk by dunk by dunk is how I learned not to fail those 3 points under pressure. I swear I believed every drop of sweat spent doing that counted to make me like michael jordan, the magic missed me it seems lol

I read on the condition you mentioned, I didn't know that depending on the part of the nerves affect, even the Sun could trigger an active response of pain in the ocular nerves. Has light ever bothered you enough to attempt to project? I bought a regulator switch for my bedroom so I0 can gradually turn it very bright or dimly lighted. Of course it's still in the box though.
It is not clear to me how you can achieve that tremendous level of discipline-clarity and concentration to project, but don't need to know how, it just makes me think more people should practice AP or try to have any other NP experience in general to gain insights of themselves on the many levels of their beings. Thanks.

Lumaza

Quote from: Rakkso on April 17, 2017, 19:21:56
Failing is what makes it all more thrilling as well, one can only expect to give his best to succeed or fail miserably. I would play basketball as a child in school tournaments, and the only year we won I remember spending every afternoon practicing dunking balls in the park. Dunk by dunk by dunk is how I learned not to fail those 3 points under pressure. I swear I believed every drop of sweat spent doing that counted to make me like michael jordan, the magic missed me it seems lol
It's funny that you mentioned Basketball. Many members that know me here on the Astral Pulse, know that I often use a focus on just shooting a Basketball. It's one of my favorite techniques, (even though I wasn't much of a Basketball player in school or when I was younger. Hockey and Football were my preferences then.). I just mentally launch the ball that is in my hands at the Basket in front of me. The thing is, when I begin all I see is the blackness before my eyes. But I know the Basketball and hoop to shoot it in is there. Very soon, the accompanying visuals show up and then I find myself in a game of 5 on 5, with a whole crowd to boot, lol. I have had so many unique experiences using that simple focus. Rowing a boat leads to awesome things too. The trick is to just be creative. But any kind of activity based focus will also create a "energy" response to the scenario at hand, as well. In other words, you really feel the movement.

QuoteI read on the condition you mentioned, I didn't know that depending on the part of the nerves affect, even the Sun could trigger an active response of pain in the ocular nerves. Has light ever bothered you enough to attempt to project? I bought a regulator switch for my bedroom so I0 can gradually turn it very bright or dimly lighted. Of course it's still in the box though.
It is not clear to me how you can achieve that tremendous level of discipline-clarity and concentration to project, but don't need to know how, it just makes me think more people should practice AP or try to have any other NP experience in general to gain insights of themselves on the many levels of their beings. Thanks.
I wear glasses named "Theraspecs". They are great. They have a rose filter in them. They are also "wrap around" glasses. So they block the bright light from all angles.

When I do a serious Phase session, I will normally wear a blindfold mask. That completely nullifies the light. I sleep with the same mask on every night. It actually quite comfortable and doesn't touch the eyelids as well. When I first started to learn to "consciously shift", I had a bad problem, more like a hurdle I had to jump, that involved my eyes always feeling like they were opening just as the sift was coming to a peak. It was very annoying and just like any other hurdle in this practice, it needed to be passed.
Here's the website, if you are interested. http://www.dreamessentials.com/product-66/dream-essentials-escape-luxury-sleep-mask-with-earplugs-and-carry-pouch

Yes, you do need a lot of mental discipline and the ability to "think on your toes"

I agree. More people should practice this. The World would certainly be a lot less stressful!  :-)
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Lumaza

Today for my Phase session, I chose a simple square design for a my focus target. I did my usual quick progressive relaxation preparation and began to image a square box in front of my closed eyes. It took a while before I could get the image to stay. You will find that sometimes you can create vivid imagery right away. Other time, not so much. This was one of those times for me.

I finally got the image to stick and was getting bored just waiting for the 'morph" to occur. So, I began to play with the image. I began to trace the square outline and all of a sudden the square began taking a 3D design. My curiosity locked onto this and I stayed with the imagery. The square then laid down flat and now I saw that there was a landscape as well. But this landscape was in 3D as well. The visual was similar to what I had experienced years ago when I was playing Tiger Woods golfing on the Xbox and the game portrayed the green and lie as being 3D.

Now movement/motion starting to occur. I stayed with the landscape for awhile, just passing what I thought was really flat land, then it changed to rolling hills and soon began getting really awesome. It looked like I had hit a Ocean or Sea. The waves were kind of dancing in 3D, just like a flame dances when it burns. Soon I came across what looked to be some kind of tall grass field, but I was only seeing the 3D outline of the grass, which looked very cool.

Next I decided that I wasn't moving at all and that everything was coming at me and that I was only visually perceiving the motion. Now things got strange very quickly. The visuals sped up quite a bit and now I found myself in some kind of "Grid land". I had seen this place before years ago during a deep Phase session and I wrote about it somewhere here on the Astral Pulse Forums. Here it is:http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/tunnels_and_grids-t38301.0.html
There have been a number of people here and on other Astral related Forums that have spoke of this "Grid land" as well.

The Grid land was moving at a super fast speed and it didn't take much longer until it overwhelmed and actually was too much for my senses to bear anymore. The session pretty much ended then and there. Total time, about 50 minutes. It did take what I perceived to be about 15 minutes before I could actual "lock onto" a simple vivid image. Most of that time, all I experienced was relaxation and the regular darkness before my closed eyes.

Now to the questions you should be asking yourself pertaining to your own experiences, so you can go on and add them to your AP journal.
What was your chosen shape or focus target?
How long did it take to actually be able to keep it in view?
Did you play with the design and if yes, what did you do to it. Example: turn it, trace it, stack it, etc.
What did it morph into?
What did you do next?
How long was your session?
...and lastly writing any extra notes on the experience.

All of those questions give you a chance to take more of a experimental approach to your practice. They also give you something to go back and learn from as well.  :-)

Lumaza

I just returned from a show and was doing my afternoon Phase session/soak in my bathtub. It has become my favorite method of "NP exploration". At the show, I met some great people that are ready to learn more about this practice in general. If you are one of them now reading this, "Welcome" and take a look around. Be sure to check out the great "stickies" on this Forum. They are the threads in BOLD BLUE LETTERS.

My intent, during my session, was to just go to the void and heal, but instead, it quickly became a "training session" of my own. I was once again in "school' and that is why I am adding to this thread. My school, teaches me how to be a more efficient "Teacher" in this physical school here. So this is what I was told.

In the last months I have taken more of experimental approach in my teachings. I have had new members here that have PMed me for help and when they do, I put them through a kind of "vetting" approach that I have. I want to know how much they already know or have hear, what their experienced with this in any form, like Lucid Dreams, spontaneous projections, SP, etc..  Unfortunately some of the people have become "tainted" by all of the bad info out there. I also want to know "why" they wish to do this.

I don't and won't except the challenge to help everyone that asks. There is sometimes something in what I learn about them that shows me that they are either not ready, won't listen and seriously practice or in some cases have some kind of self imposed "block" that they need to work on first.

Some of them like to work on themselves at a spiritual level, some go for pure knowledge, some for purpose and still others for fun or once in while I hear to fight "demons". In hearing all of these intents, I can normally formulate a plan tailored to them. My only question to the Demon Hunter is "why fight Demons when you could help Angels. I can see that they have more of a "fear based" mindset. That will and does normally change though deeper in this practice. Unless of course they enjoy the "simulated video game world" they have created. I will tell you one thing though. The Demon Hunter certainly does have a strong focused will and will likely learn very fast.

I have worked with the Science minded, the "new aged minded", the UFO buffs, the adventurers and I have learned off of each and every one of them. They each have to approach this practice by something they are familiar with. Example, the Science mind must use a approach based on Science. With the "new Agers/Spiritual" based person, they  normally will approach it by more a "energy based/chakra" approach and so on.

So to the Science mind goes an approach they can understand like the "Vehram program" or anything by Tom Campbell. They are used to long lectures anyways. So a 3 hour video is nothing to them. The new agers normally go along the lines of energy works, so I will use techniques built on energy manipulation based focuses, like Robert Bruce's work. For the "Adventurers",  I will use more of a focus on "fantasy based" scenarios. Noticing is great or that.
I have read enough and watched enough seminars and info vides via YouTube and net to be able to tailor a plan to their own likings and "belief systems".

The last group of people I helped, I never gave the name of this Forum to and asked that they not search info out for themselves. Trust was important there.

Just recently I have introduced "tools" to them. Tools such as Binaural Beats, light sound machines, float tanks etc. to aid them to go deeper.

When they first started though, they only used the simple "geometric imagery" focus. No Bin beats or anything. What this taught them was to be aware of everything. During the act of noticing, your other sense become ultra aware. This teaches you the real Art of observation. Not only are you noticing things behind your closed eyes, you are normally hearing the environment around you quite clearly. That drip of a sink becomes extraordinarily loud and hard to ignore. Any sound seems amplified. Any smell or physical feeling/tactile as well. We kind of become "ultra aware". To combat this myself I begin every personal session with a simple "mental affirmation". I say "By my act of will I release my focus over my physical body. I have used this affirmation for years now and the constant training has paid off immensely. While reading this, you may think, what a waste of time or totally unnecessary, but try it. It can't hurt!

Because my "group" had learned the hard way, once I introduced Binaural Beats and Isochronic Tones to the equation, this entire practice became so much easier for them to do. Now they could shut down all those sounds around them and replace them with a pleasant musical one. They could use it as a "timer" of sorts. I use Binaural Beats that normally go for about 45 minutes to an hour. Jurgen Ziewe has a great one for that. So does Paul Collier. I find anything by Paul excellent. DJ Vishnu's meditation series beats are normally and hour long. So loading two of those in my playlist consumes a one hour period. I know with those "tools", they speak of how the one sound goes into one ear the left ear and the another sound the right one, creating the brain to create a whole new one. But I mainly use Bin beats and Iso tones as just a "filler" focus. In other words, just to consume my focus until the "shift" has occurred. Just pushing the play button creates a "automatic" response inside of me. It immediately kicks the "session" into gear. Hemi sync and even "walkthroughs" are very good to consume the time needed to undergo a "full" shift.

In my "research" with my group and others I have aided, I have found problems that they all come across quite quickly. These things are always experienced by new members, the first of these occur during the act of simply noticing a shape and cause the person to experience their first "signpost". It could be imagery, or tactile, like vibrations or even a sound. But the session normally ends then and there. The "internal" questions begin and things spiral out of control. What was that? Is it real? Is this really happening? No longer are you "just observing", now you are questioning everything. The next thing the person will do is try to "force" the experience. This is bad too. You need to learn to "allow" things to develop. But you also need to learn to take baby steps. Ex. I am noticing for the first time and all of a sudden the "screen" behind my eyes brightens. Immediately the "physical" eyes will target this and the experience will end. The questions now commence as well. This is when you should immediately stop what you are doing. Open your eyes and write down this experience in your Journal. Too many times you will stay in the focus too long and miss the "recall" portion of the session. "Anything" that occurs during this practice should be "journalized". "Everything" is "progress".

Take it slow. There is no race. You will achieve this if and only if you have the patience and you do the practice needed to finally persevere.

I will periodically add some more tips and helpful info to this thread. I would also gladly answer any questions you may have, either in this thread here or via PM.

Thank You!  :-)

Lumaza

On another Forum a man that I have come to really respect his knowledge of Astral Projection, mentioned the term "Priming the Pump" to me. He did it in the "analogy" of preparing one's mind to Phase, in the act of Phasing. Phasing being a shift in consciousness from here to there with no actual "OBE" needed.
At first when I began reading his posts years ago I could swear he was a "Swami" or Jedi Master of some kind by the way he articulated his words. But like I said, I have come to respect him.

I am creating this thread to aid those that really wish there was some kind of simple technique to truly be able to see something for themselves.

For this technique I want you to give yourself a couple of weeks of at the least an hour a day. If you can't do that, you aren't serious about this to begin with. Everyone should be able to find at least a hour a day for "my time". No excuses.
I do have a warning though. Please don't try this or any Astral Projection technique if you are suffering from any Medical condition that causes mental instability, without the consent of your physician/Psychiatrist first.

This a very simple focus on the word "Focus". That's it. That is what we are going to use to prime the pump. Close your eyes and just begin mentally saying the word "Focus" slowly, once a breath and just enjoy the darkness before your closed eyes. Like many, you are likely going to lose focus on the word focus and your mind will stray. Don't bash yourself though. Just calmly return your focus back to the word focus. If it's easier for you, just know that it is written in that darkness before your eyes. You don't need to see it right now, just know it's there and will eventually show up.

After awhile it can get boring. So now we will start playing with the word Focus. We can mentally slow it down so it lasts the entire breathe. We can say it and wait to hear it on the echo. We can look for it. Be creative. Anything you do here will bring you deeper in your "Focus". Soon things will start to happen. You could experience one of the many "signposts", like "Hypnagogic Imagery, vibrations, etc..
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/exit_symptomssignposts-t46206.0.html

Now that you are used to this for a few days. We are going to change things up. Robert Monroe was the first to create the famous Focus levels that many of have read about. Hopefully you that are reading are new enough that you haven't read about them yet.

For the next part of the Focus technique, we will add a number behind the word Focus. We will use the numbers 10, 12,  15, 21, 22, 23. 24, 25, 26, 27, 34, 35, 42 and 49. The higher the number, the higher the level you will normally experience. It's not a good idea to start at the highest tough. Doing that would be quite the challenge. But hey, everyone's up for a good challenge one in awhile.

To get the full benefit of this experiment, do not go and look up the real meanings/destinations of those levels. For now, just observe and experience yourself. After the 2 or so weeks, you can go look up the actual Focus level meanings and compare your own notes.

Baby steps are needed if you are brand new to this practice. Just simply focusing on the word "Focus" will produce some kind of favorable result. At that point, stop what you are doing and return your focus back to this physical existence. Then take out your Journal and write down your results and findings. The next time you practice, you can push it further.

I found this technique myself while creating my "Doorway technique". I then modified it to a simple procedure for new members who were serious about learning.  (You can find that thread/technique in the Stickies in this sub-forum as well.)

After a while I began focusing on a simple "office door" with the words Focus and the corresponding number I wished, imprinted on it. Once I opened that door, I had some kind of adventure. Many of the times the adventure had to do with something associated with Robert Monroe's actual meanings. Example: Retrievals.

Have fun with this. There is no race. This simple technique will give you a "sneak peek" of what could be if you decided to make this a "serious" practice in our life. Regardless of how far you want to go with this practice, you will still experience something completely out of your norm.

Thank You!  :-)

In closing, here is a short video from the Robert Monroe the "Master" himself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlBOJEik1aI

Sammie

Thank you, I might try this in the  future.

Lumaza

Today, I want to talk about the importance of and give you some different simple techniques to aid you in mental preparedness, your own personal "Pavlov effect", for your daily practice session(s).

You have just returned home from a long day at work or school and your mind is on a hundred different things at once. You close your eyes and now those "hundred" things attack you all at once. I know what that's like. It's literally impossible to focus on one thing. Here is way to overcome that.

In the Gateway program, which I have used in the past, Robert Monroe uses a "box" that you open to rid yourself of all of your daily thoughts, concerns, worries, etc.. It works too. With your eyes closed he has you visualize a black box before you. You then open the box and put your thoughts, concerns, etc. into it, then you lock in tightly.

I begin each session with a simple mental statement that practitioners of Magick have used for many years now, "By my act of will", then I add "I release my focus over my physical body". I then manually unzip my Human suit. I go through the mental action of actually unzipping my "physical body" and feeling as it falls to the ground around me. This instantly puts me into the zone. Every concern I had, every negative thought, every worry fell when my physical shell fell around me. This is "mental conditioning" and is also a "ritual" of sorts. But you will see that things like this do speed your progress further ahead. I was shown this "mental unzipping" technique while in a Phase session myself. I saw it in a couple of different ways. One was when I was using a simple progressive relaxation technique focusing on my toes and feet at the time. I then saw that they were disappearing before my eyes. One by one I watched how each body part just seemed to dissolve away. Another was a funny experience, one involving a "Pac Man"/Nano bite like characters that was chomping my body away, lol. Both showed me the importance of "disassociating" myself from my physical body as quick as I could. The faster you can do that, the faster you will "shift" to another.

Another good practice before you attempt a session, is using some form of "progressive relaxation". You can be as quick and basic or slow and detailed as you wish. When I first began practicing, I used a 15 minute progressive relaxation focus. In time, I shortened it to 5 minutes, then down to 2 minutes.

William Buhlman states that he has a certain place he always attempts. This is another form of repetition and conscious ritual. In his case, it's a couch. The funny thing is, when he lies in the couch any other time, he can feel a shift beginning spontaneously. All this is due to his mental conditioning.

You will learn in time to have the ability to hold your focus on a single thing so strongly, that just the simple act of not moving and watching a TV program or reading a book will start the physical sensations (signposts) of a oncoming shift in consciousness.

So try it, create your own process, that you use before every session as simple or detailed as you wish to help you get "in the zone". You will find that this kind of "mental conditioning" will really pay off for you.
Thank You.

Xanth

Lumaza

Lumaza

I just finished my afternoon Phase session and in it, I was taught how to teach even more. I was shown that a explanation was needed here for my entire "imagination/tactile stimulus" approach to my techniques here.

I post these techniques such as the Phantom Wiggle and all my other simple techniques like the Doorway here because I want your first experience to be a adventurous one. I want you to see the "beauty", to witness the awe and I know that you only have a very short window there, in the beginning that is, to see what you can see.
Yes, you can consciously shift so you can work on yourself at a higher level. But first, I think it's necessary to learn how to walk before you begin to run. My imaginative visual and tactile techniques will give you that sneak peek and I want that sneak peek to leave you wanting more.
My time for exploring higher knowledge and self work comes in my Lucid Dreams and actual spontaneous OBEs. I save my Phasing sessions for new adventures and exploring.
 If there is a urgent or dire message that your higher self needs you to know at that moment, it will tell you or aid you. Just because your session began with a imaginary target, doesn't mean it has to stay that way. You can still be given any instructions that are deemed necessary.

I find that with the basic wait an hour, go through all the signposts and hurdles, climbing out of your body, then finding yourself normally in the Real Time Zone (RTZ), that it can be quite a bit on a first time experiencer. ...and yes, it's definitely a eye opener, but now is when you usually will confront your first fear test.
Those techniques work and work well. They are just a longer way to accomplish the same goal, then Phasing is. With Phasing you need a strong focused will, just like you do with any other "out of body" technique.

My techniques may start at the "imaginary" stage, but what they "morph" is entirely a different thing. They take on their own lives and pretty soon you are in a full blown scenario.

Yesterday I was corresponding with a friend and we got talking about techniques we used to access the other realms. I then remembered this technique, which when it worked, has always led me to a very cool and unique experience.

This Technique I will call "The Spaceship Slingshot". At the time my friend was mentioning "slingshot" techniques.

Like in the other techniques I have posted here, you want to do whatever mental preparation you use to get in "the zone". Whether that is progressive relaxation, affirmations, some kind of breathe control, unzipping your human suit. Do whatever it takes to get mentally and physically prepared and focused.

Now, that you are prepared, I want you to slowly mentally count from 10 down to 1.

When you hit 1, there is a Rocket before you blasting off. You don't need to see it yet, just know it's there. Repeat this process until you can get a some kind of visual of the Rocket in front of you.

Watch the Rocket shooting into the sky. It quickly becomes a dot in the sky. Now, pull/will yourself mentally up to it, so you are beside it again and watch how once again it flies upward disappearing out of sight. You don't want to ground the spaceship again and repeat the visual. Just begin with the visual of seeing the spaceship beside you again, wherever it is in the Cosmos. Repeat this process over and over. Hence the term "slingshot" that my friend used.
After awhile, you will notice a few things.  First, that the visual is getting easier and easier to focus on upon each repeated cycle. You will also see that something has changed in the "dimensional view" that you were seeing in. The scene you are witnessing has taken on more "depth".
You will also notice upon each repeated cycle that the background has changed. It began with a Rocket basting off from a launch Pad. Next you saw it as it entered Space. The next time it was deeper space and so on. Pretty soon, you are witnessing something extraordinary. You haven't willingly changed the background yourself. It has just "morphed" into what it wanted you to see.
In essence, you have tricked yourself into having a extraordinary experience. I won't say here what I see or how far I go. I want you to see. I already have and continue to see it today.

I realize it is hard to hold your focus on one target for a lengthy amount of time, when you first begin practicing "conscious shifting". So, the fact that the Rocket is disappearing from your view so quickly, gives you a chance to re-orient your visual. When you lose the visual, bring it back.

One thing that really helps in this technique is to adopt a "total observer" mentality. No questions, just absorb what you are seeing. You can question it later. For now, relax, release, let go and just go and experience it!  :-)

Yodad

Hi Lumaza,
I've been lurking for +6 months and decided to join because I enjoy the conversations here (initially it was Frank Kepple comments/help regarding Monroe's Gateway wave series). Anyways, I started attempting lucid dreaming last August and have only had 3 very low level LDs and that is not good enough. After a few decades of autopilot I am trying to fix/improve things. Ive been improving aspects of my daily routine: reality checks, prospective memory training, meditation every night, positive thinking/beliefs, dream journaling. Which leads me to this discussion...

So I really like what you write (under both your new & old name) and I've read these 3 pages here and just want to be sure on some things. I think focus is another key aspect I need to improve on. You've given a lot of examples from page 1 - 3, but it seems on pg 3 it seems pretty specific for newbies (like myself), to put a few weeks effort into about 1 hr each night on thinking of the word "focus." So my interpretation was that of spending an hour in mediation and using the word "focus" sort of like a mantra? I've meditated on breath and on a mantra word before for about 20-30 min average sitting on couch, but last 3 days Ive been doing this with the word focus.

I mediate as soon as lights go out for family. Here is how it went so far:
- Started Tuesday and mediated with mantra "focus" about 40 min. Sort of floundered with how to incorporate the word and ended up using it on out breath.
- Wednesday switched to using focus on both in and out breathes and meditated (eyes closed entire time) almost exactly to the minute 1 hr. :O Focus was amazing in a way.
- Thursday kids drained me so started nodding off at 30 minutes, so finished the rest in bed listening to a law of attraction track. A few times I would get a flash of something in my view but as soon as eyes "look" it would go away. :/

Another thing you mentioned (page 1 maybe?) that I am attempting during any little breaks at my desk job is your suggestion of focusing on a 2d shape (sq, cir, tri). I have to say getting a clear image is harder than I thought. So I am doing this as little brain exercises during the day. Weird how complex images oh like Darth Vader I can see easier than a silly square lol. Is this acceptable as an exercise how I am doing it?

Hopefully I interpreted your comments correctly.  :?

Lumaza

Hello and welcome to the Astral Pulse Yodad!  :-)
I apologize for the late reply. I just returned from my show this weekend and during that time I take a break from modern technology.

Quote from: Yodad on June 09, 2017, 14:27:27
Hi Lumaza,
I've been lurking for +6 months and decided to join because I enjoy the conversations here (initially it was Frank Kepple comments/help regarding Monroe's Gateway wave series). Anyways, I started attempting lucid dreaming last August and have only had 3 very low level LDs and that is not good enough. After a few decades of autopilot I am trying to fix/improve things. Ive been improving aspects of my daily routine: reality checks, prospective memory training, meditation every night, positive thinking/beliefs, dream journaling. Which leads me to this discussion...
Your determination to succeed in this is really showing through. All of that "mental training" will pay off in the long run. Along with what you are already doing, I would add a "personal pep talk" once in while giving yourself permission to succeed. stating "why" you wish to have this success.

QuoteSo I really like what you write (under both your new & old name) and I've read these 3 pages here and just want to be sure on some things. I think focus is another key aspect I need to improve on. You've given a lot of examples from page 1 - 3, but it seems on pg 3 it seems pretty specific for newbies (like myself), to put a few weeks effort into about 1 hr each night on thinking of the word "focus." So my interpretation was that of spending an hour in mediation and using the word "focus" sort of like a mantra? I've meditated on breath and on a mantra word before for about 20-30 min average sitting on couch, but last 3 days Ive been doing this with the word focus.
Thank You for your kind words.
Focus is the key. Every one of my techniques involves training to strengthen your focus.
I targeted simple Geometric shapes because we see them in all aspects of our lives. Every shape I chose has many "associations" with some  form of structures. They can "morph" quite easily too.
I created the focus on Focus technique, because not only was it a play on the process. Yes, it is a "mantra". I found it a great way to mentally state your current intent as well. It was easy to incorporate into a breathing pattern too. Remember that I am just giving you guidelines, kind of like a "blueprint". But it's not set in stone. You can "alter" this into anything you think might work better for yourself personally. After all, who knows you better then you?

QuoteI mediate as soon as lights go out for family. Here is how it went so far:
- Started Tuesday and mediated with mantra "focus" about 40 min. Sort of floundered with how to incorporate the word and ended up using it on out breath.
- Wednesday switched to using focus on both in and out breathes and meditated (eyes closed entire time) almost exactly to the minute 1 hr. :O Focus was amazing in a way.
- Thursday kids drained me so started nodding off at 30 minutes, so finished the rest in bed listening to a law of attraction track. A few times I would get a flash of something in my view but as soon as eyes "look" it would go away. :/
You are doing great!  8-)
You are in the beginning stages and are experiencing your first "signpost". This signpost was a very brief "flash" of something that you didn't "intend" on seeing. It startles you, because this is your first "proof" that something out of the ordinary really did happen. Your physical eyes then immediately honed in on it. This is where further practice will really help you. You will get so used to seeing these "flashes" and other images, that somewhere along the line, you will realize it is your "mind's eye", not your physical eyes that are viewing them.
I learned this through my ailment known as "Trigeminal Neuralgia". In the beginning of my aliment, when I closed my eyes and "focused" on something visual, my left eye nerve would begin to spasm. That soon led to all 5 of my left facial nerves spasming as well. It was very painful. If I wanted to continue my practice, I needed to "see" another way. This way was with my mind's eye. I could tell I was seeing with it, because there was no pain involved. I found this by just focusing on my brain and it's location for awhile. All of a sudden visuals began  occurring, but no pain.
When you Dream or even day Dream, you aren't using your physical eyes at all. You are using your mind's eye. The "screen" seems to be higher than your regular physical screen is. It's hard to explain. But you will know when you are seeing through it. The visuals are kicked up a notch and are normally combined by a "hyper" sense of depth and awareness.

QuoteAnother thing you mentioned (page 1 maybe?) that I am attempting during any little breaks at my desk job is your suggestion of focusing on a 2d shape (sq, cir, tri). I have to say getting a clear image is harder than I thought. So I am doing this as little brain exercises during the day. Weird how complex images oh like Darth Vader I can see easier than a silly square lol. Is this acceptable as an exercise how I am doing it?
If you can't see the shapes at the beginning, just know they are there and they will show up.
Take a piece of paper and draw the shape you wish to see. Look at it for about 5 minutes, then close your eyes. Normally, this will cause a imprint of it in your visual now. It will likely disappear quickly. But now that you have seen it once, you could bring it back or you could just change your focus to something that you find easier to create, like Darth Vader's image, as you said above. I just picked the Geometric shapes because I found them pretty basic and easy to visualize. Darth Vader or any other visual would work. In time, it would begin to alter as well.

Once again, the entire practice is based on learning how to hold your focus on anything that is not your physical body. You are doing this to pass the time, while you undergo a "shift" in your consciousness.
It takes a while to succeed with this because there are so many obstacles in the way. The one biggest one being your "Human" conditioning. You need to "desensitize" yourself from it, so that the shift can occur.

I would stick with one target of focus for now. Either the simple focus on the word "Focus" or the visuals on the Geometric shapes, Darth Vader, etc. Don't pressure yourself. I have many ways to get there. I use whatever way feels right at the time.
Just wait till Darth Vader talks to you, lol. I'm sure that will be another "shock" moment that will knock you out of your focus. But after awhile, you will learn to expect the unexpected, go with the flow and "allow" things to just happen, without all of the mental interference.

Lumaza

While at my show last weekend I had a number of people ask me what kind of experiences should they "expect" to see. I told them to expect nothing. Lose the "expectations" and just go see what is "shown" to you. In other words, what you "need" to see.

An example of this: This afternoon I went for a relaxing bath/phase session. I exert a lot of energy during my shows, both physical and "other". So when I return home, I need to find a place of "solace" to recuperate. Mine is my healing Phase soak.

I began with a focus on just relaxing. At the moment that was my sole intent. After about 15 minutes of just melting away, I changed my intent to working on a new Dragon design. I am attempting to learn to the art of "wire wrapping". My project involves wire wrapping a Crystal in the center of a wire Dragon design, that I have. At this stage of the process the design is purely mental. Slowly but surely it is manifesting in the physical as a real thing. I have been accumulating the parts and teachings to put it all together.

Back to my session though. So, I am mentally working on my design and my work screen fades away. It is soon replaced by some kind of large white tube. The imagery gets more vivid and I see a man inside of the tube. I can now see it is some kind of MRI machine and this individual seems to be stuck in it. I can now hear the machine humming as well.

I go to the control board to shut it off, but my fingers go right through it. I then attempt to manually pull the man out, but he is really heavy and doesn't budge. That's odd to me because he doesn't look that heavy and upon further observation, he isn't pinned in there either.

The idea then comes to me that he "trapped". So, I needed a new plan of action. I then accessed his "life's review" by holding onto his ankle and I could see that he was definitely trapped. He had no freedom to begin with in his physical lifetime here. That posed a big problem because I couldn't beautiful create a scene for him to walk into, simply because he had nothing to compare it to.

Another thought than came across me saying "If you can't beat it, join it". So, I did. I climbed into the machine with him and he was out of there "lickety split", lol. It seemed his fear of Claustrophobia outweighed his fear of being mentally trapped. That still didn't make sense though, because his Claustrophobia should have kicked in when he realized he was in the tube/MRI machine to begin with. He also chose one form of entrapment over the other. Still he was trapped. Perhaps this had some kind of strong influential meaning for him, that I couldn't see.  :| :?

This was a "Retrieval" of sorts. But I have a feeling this man was experiencing a real NDE at the time. My normal or usual Retrievals end up at a Cathedral based structure on some kind of Island paradise. But this one just faded to black and was done with.

At no time during my Phase session had I intended to do this. My intent to begin with was just to lie back and relax/heal myself. But this is what I mean by the scene taking on it's own life and morphing into something you need to see, some lesson you need to learn, some destination you need to be, etc. .

Lumaza

Today while perusing through some of Frank Kepple's old posts here on the Astral Pulse Forum, I came across this gem of advise. In it he spoke of accessing your "upper screen", which occurs when you move your awareness to the top of your head. The quicker you can do this, the faster your shift in consciousness will be. I do this fast because using the "bottom screen"/physical eyes for me causes pain due to my TN.
He also spoke of how focusing on a "single still image" can be boring and I agree. But it is great when you are first starting out and if your focused will is strong enough, the image won't stay "still" for long.

Trance Questions

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2002, 09:33:08 »
Reply with quoteQuote 

I read quite a bit on this BBS about keeping a quiet mind and I always wondered exactly what people meant because, when I am preparing to project, my mind is far from empty.

After reading your post, Shayde, the thought occured to me that maybe beginners were getting the wrong idea thinking that their minds had to be completely void of anything prior to projection.

The beginning phase of projection is all about using your imagination.

Of course, what you have to be completely devoid of is surface thoughts of the kind that generally come across in a verbal way, in your mind. Like, if you read to yourself, there is an inner voice that reads the words to you. Those kinds of thoughts are a bar to projecting.

Igniting the projection reflex involves getting your focal point of awareness up to the top of your head. The place where it needs to be is where your imagination resides. Think about eating your favourite food. At the same time, try and sense *where* in your mind that imagining is happening. Because where that imagining is going on, is exactly where you need your focal point of awareness to be.

In other words, what you need to do is to step into the realms of your imagination, but do it in a controlled way.

I often feel that people don't realise just how close the Astral is to ordinary consciousness. I was quite surprised to find out just how close it is. The Astral actually begins fractionally beyond the border of your imagination, and there is a thin buffer-zone that separates the two. My theory is that, in completely enlightened incarnates, this buffer zone no-longer exists. 

An effective way of getting your focal point of awareness to the right place, is through use of meta-physical imagery. One concept involves imagining you are stepping through a mental doorway. Another involves imagining climbing a rope. Others involve imagining symbols and entering through them, etc. Basically, it doesn't matter what you imagine provided it is stable enough. In the sense that you don't want to be flitting from image to image as this will dull your concentration. Then again, there may well be people for whom having multi-images works best.

The point is, you can basically use whatever imagery you like, provided it serves the purpose of getting your focal point of awareness to the place in your mind where your imagination resides.

One thing I found, though, is that if you try and imagine just one still image it can get rather boring. To get around this, you need to make the image do something fairly simple like turn around, or swing from side to side or whatever. Have just enough of a movement to keep it interesting, that's all. Otherwise you may start to indulge in the mental act of creative visualisation, rather than Astral projection.

As your focal point of awareness rises (it does so quite quickly) you will simply lose all sensation of the physical. So you don't have to pay any attention to the physical body accept to make sure it is comfortable and will remain so for the duration of your projection. Just take a few deep breaths, lie back and relax. Or sit back, whichever you prefer.

Yours,
Frank

Lumaza

Yesterday, while in a Phase session I found myself in a cool experience and in today's session I pondered it further.

I began with some mental counting. I then immediately switched over to a focus on my new Dragon design. I continued the mental counting as well. I worked on my Dragon design and then the screen faded.

When it faded back in I saw a girl beneath me. She was moving closer, than farther away, either, that or I was the yo-you there. She was about 12-14, red hair with 2 ponytails in it. She had her hands stretched above her, like she was reaching for me. I could swear she was on some kind of "trampoline", but I couldn't see anything below her.

I finally caught on and grabbed her hands, giving her a good yank and she released, into my hands, through my grip and arms and then kept on rising. But now she was no longer a girl, well at least a girl as she was before. Now, she was a "Angel". This is the first time I have ever seen a "Angel" in any of my experiences. I have seen many "Entities", but none in the form of a Angel before.

The skies then opened up and I saw a vortex/portal appearing. It was yellow and spinning slowly. She flew into it and I decided to give chase. I found myself in the "tunnels" of this portal veering from side to side, up and down, but I just kept with it. After awhile of this, I decided to abort and ended my practice session.

I have always enjoyed a "disassociation" focus using 6 points out of my body (in front of me, in back of me, to the left/right, overtop and underneath). I have mentioned that in threads here and other places as well. This afternoon while in my phase soak, I experienced the speed of warping forward once again. But it abruptly stopped and I found myself deep in the 3D void. This is when the questions and on some level "telepathy" began.

Could we actually create a "Blueprint" from a "directional" dissociative focus. We already have mental conditioning to directions. Example, up/Heaven, down/Hell You could even say side to side/left or right, would be "beside" ourselves". I would say we could use that one for more of a "real time", more actual OBE like experience. Forward could be the "future" and backwards could be the "past".

I have been reading some things from Albert Einstein recently and he says "The faster you move, the more time slows down".
A point of consciousness doesn't need a physical vessel, per se. Although a point of consciousness will still experience the Journey there, wherever there happens to be.

So we could use up, as the "higher experience", like working with your guides and higher self. Experiencing higher levels of evolution.
Down could be for the "Badlands" experiences. You might want to try that just to experience what is there. I'm sure the Demon Hunters/Zombie fans would love this area. Different strokes for different folks. Sometimes there is light shining in that darkness and sometimes "you" become that light.
Left/Right would be for "etheric" projections, real time OBEs.
Forward, could be your future or just transcending time and experiencing "the" future itself.
Lastly, back. This could be for working on your past or just intending to see "the" past itself.

You will find after practicing the 6 point focus for awhile that it takes no time at all to begin to feel motion. Whether that motion is coming in the form of rising, falling, warping (speed forward or backwards) or just a sway to one side or the other.
Here is a few links threads where I use the 6 point focus.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/cloud_9_and_beyond-t44871.0.html
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/w...rform_the_phantom_wiggle_method-t44583.0.html

Try it. I think it would be a great experiment and we could use this thread here to share our findings.
Thank You! :)

T-Man

Lumaza,

This has been a great thread with a lot of useful info and techniques to try.  Your experience with the girl/Angel sounded awesome! 
I have been trying a few things here such as the shapes and colours.  Funny how something so simple can be so hard.  The 6 point technique sounds very interesting as well.  So many things to try, so little time to fit them all in.  I will stick with one thing at a time though.

Hope to see a picture of your Dragon Design on here some time.  :-)
The Adventure Continues...

Lumaza

Quote from: T-Man on June 24, 2017, 17:40:28
This has been a great thread with a lot of useful info and techniques to try.  Your experience with the girl/Angel sounded awesome!  
I have been trying a few things here such as the shapes and colours.  Funny how something so simple can be so hard.  The 6 point technique sounds very interesting as well.  So many things to try, so little time to fit them all in.  I will stick with one thing at a time though.
Thank You for your kind words and I hope something in my writing here was and could be helpful to you.  :-)

I figured the "Angel" experience was some other form of "Retrieval" that I have not yet experienced.

The 6 pt focus is great because it creates a tactile focus to go along with the visual. People that find visualization difficult can use more of a tactile approach to things.

That's a good idea. Stick with one thing at a time.

I changed the topic heading here because I was hoping other experienced members here might get onboard with this as well. By other experienced people here sharing, it will show those that are new and reading the Doorway thread itself, how staying with this practice can really lead to some remarkable adventures and experiences.

Nameless

Lumaza I think your directional idea is absolutely brilliant. Truth is we are physical and thinking in physical terms is so natural that finding ways to do that in the non-physical only makes sense. And as an added bonus much like video games the 'demon hunters' should find this thought process right in line with their hand-held controls.

For the more experienced, this is still - simply brilliant.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Lumaza

Quote from: Nameless on June 25, 2017, 04:13:27
Lumaza I think your directional idea is absolutely brilliant. Truth is we are physical and thinking in physical terms is so natural that finding ways to do that in the non-physical only makes sense. And as an added bonus much like video games the 'demon hunters' should find this thought process right in line with their hand-held controls.

Thank You Nameless!  :-)

I like to come at it from all angles. Like I said, I love experiencing and experimenting anew. I hear from people that you can't "map" the Astral. But has anyone really given it a honest effort, more like a group project?
This technique is more like mentally conditioning yourself than anything. It's like the way my daily soak has become. Just getting into the water already is mentally preparing myself for a successful experience. Daily repetition is the key!
This new way tends to merge a OBE with Phasing. I have always seen a OBE to be experiencing a "exit of sorts" and with this technique you actually feel motion akin to a exit. The visuals are quite vivid as well. Just like they are with Phasing.
Normally my OBEs begin black and white and very faint.

That's interesting how you compared it to a "joystick", but I can see why.

Nameless

I'm with you on mapping. I do think it can be done we just have to stretch our terms and definitions. There have just been too many times when someone has said "I had a dream ..." and as I listened to their experience (dream or not) I know exactly the place or the 'people/entities' they speak of. And that is just casual conversations not having anything to do with AP or this 'art' at all.

So for me, I would say my conclusion except I haven't concluded anything yet, is that all this IS perfectly natural and we all already know how. Now the question is why and the concept is what to do with it.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Selski

What a super-duper thread!  :-D
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

Lumaza

Quote from: Selski on June 25, 2017, 08:13:40
What a super-duper thread!  :-D
Thank You!  :-)
Please, if you have anything to add, share away!

I am hoping I can get some more "experienced" members more involved in some active experimentation again.  I find that many of them have kind of "petered" out over the years. I think the way to get them back in, is to once again create that "new person passion" and enthusiasm that they/we all once experienced.

Lumaza

For those of you that wish to practice the simple Geometric Shape focus, I have recently found that a deck of cards named the "Magical Tattwa Cards", uses simple geometric shapes on a colored background."

You don't need buy the whole deck. Just do a google search on Magical Tattwa Cards "images". Pull up the picture you wish to use. Blow it and just simply focus/stare at it for about 10 minutes. Then close your eyes and the "imprint" of that chosen design will still be there.
This is akin to the "candle burning watching" technique that led me to my own first awesome OBE experience.

Here's a sample that I blew up for you.
http://www.northernway.org/school/eom/firesymbol.jpg

Here is a link to the candle burning technique as well. The guy unfortunately has added a lot of unnecessary commentary to it. Like the need for Chakra work and energy work and he has added his own personal philosophies. But the technique itself is sound. I have used it with great success.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3M-LuTRfcI

If you want to convince yourself how real this practice is, try this. I guarantee something out of the ordinary will occur. Give it a honest effort though. Put your entire focus on the candle and only the candle. It will definitely leave a imprint in the darkness behind your closed eyes. Hold the image as long as you can and when it fades, bring it back. When it starts to morph into something different, allow it to and let our curiosity bring you deeper.

Stay not in the precipice, with the dross of Matter, for there is a place for thy Image in a realm ever splendid..
(courtesy of the Chaldlaean Oracles)

Lumaza

Quote from: Nameless on June 25, 2017, 04:13:27

I realized after my Phase/soak session today that although my reply to your post sufficed, it wasn't exactly what I was wishing to relay.

A quick share before I answer your reply.
My total focus today in my Phase session was get to the 3D darkness and just stay there the entire duration of the session. To do that I began with my mental intent to "release my focus over my physical body", then I just noticed the darkness before my eyes. But this time, I didn't go with anything that began to morph. I quickly aborted it and kept my full and undivided attention on the darkness.
There were many images that tried to "entice" me away, but I kept ignoring them and staying the course.
I must have been doing that for quite a while, because when I returned my focus to my physical body, I found the bath water had cooled considerably.
I have also found that the bath water/tub, whether it be with bubbles or not, creates that perfect "Calgon moment". Like "Calgon, take me away", lol That commercial from the 70's.  8-) It is a great way to learn disassociation from the body. MJ even bought me a Bath Pillow a couple of months ago. So staying in there a long amount of time is no problem.  :-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVLzkTuVmrw
The bath water acts likes a "Float Tank" of sorts and many people report incredible experiences while in a Float Tank. Unfortunately they are very expensive to buy and even cost over $100.00 a hour to use, at some places.
On another note. I should have noticed this years ago when I was having my spontaneous adventures while just in the shower itself. It was trying to give me a "hint" and for some reason, I missed the message.  :oops:

Now to the reply to your post.
We are biological machines. With our brains being the "interface", akin to a computer. We have been programmed all our lives. So why can't we use "programming" to our advantage in this practice as well?
I see why the Demon Hunters/Zombie crowd is so successful with projection. They are normally younger and have grown up on the "Sims" and other role playing games.
MJ's kids used to play that "Doom" shooting creature game and it made me nauseated just watching it. Thankfully the "Otherworlds" don't have such jagged and bad visuals. I got nauseated by the jagged motions of the scenes. So, I never really got into the role playing games. But I have had many adventures in some kind of "Cartoon" land.