The Elias Material - phasing related

Previous topic - Next topic

Gandalf

I came across this site: http://www.eliasforum.org/introduction.html

Elias describes himself as a nonphysically focused "energy personality essence," or what has been commonly termed a "spirit" or an "entity." However, he defines the word "essence" as an action rather than an entity. He says that he has experienced many physical lifetimes or "focuses," but is not physically manifest in this present time framework. Presently, he chooses to focus his awareness in nonphysical areas of consciousness in which he holds the intent of teaching, or more specifically, of offering information within the least amount of distortion.

'Elias' is a channeled source and builds upon the information provided in the past by 'Seth'. The Elias material is more recent than Jane Robert's Seth material but is very interesting. The whole 'Focus' concept is there and you will find that a lot of the information is similar to Robert Monroe's and Frank Kepple's findings, which is interesting since the Elias material was not widely available when Frank was around.

Elias has also divided consciousness into various 'regions' and many other concepts can also be recognised. Elias goes much further than Frank ever did, but this is to be expected as Frank chose only to write about what he had actually experienced himself and he was reluctant to go beyond that.

One point to be made here. The Elias material, like the earlier Seth material, explores the wider reality (ie the astral) from a psychological viewpoint (seeing how Jane Roberts originally trained as a psychologist). The Elias material continues this approach. Monroe and Frank of course, follow more of an engineering approach. Others again prefer a more traditional mystical approach. It really boils down to what approach resonates with you. However, if you keep this in mind then you will find much to interest you in this material, even if the psychological approach is not to your particular liking.

I have found that the Seth material has much in common with what Monroe has discovered, as Frank pointed out himself. The Elias material appears to build on that.

One interesting point that Elias makes is that he is not a 100% reliable source! Because of the distortion involved via him transmitting this information from where he is, to our region of consciousness, there is an inevitable degree of distortion, which is also coloured by the channeled receiver's mind as well as others present. For this reason, he warns people not to treat his every utterance as fact as he doesn't want to be 'responsible for starting another cult'.

Elias has tried his best to provide an extremely detailed guide but he says that ultimately it comes down to personal experience and exploration, pretty much what Monroe and Frank have said in the past. It is actually quite refreshing to hear this honesty from a channeled source!

Check it out and let me know what you think!
"It is to Scotland that we look for our idea of civilisation." -- Voltaire.

Stookie

I've read a lot of stuff there before, and your right, it is some great information. I would suggest it to others if they're looking for a good source of new-er info.

Novice

I had never heard of him/them before.

Stookie is right...good suff! Thanks for sharing!!
Reality is what you perceive it to be.

Gandalf

The Focus 1 to 4 model is pretty much there, although Elias doesnt spend much time on a description of the region itself, nor many of the other regions in fact. He seems more concerned with the big picture as it were.

Saying that, his description of the expanded consciousness and opportunities available in Focus 4, or what he refers to as 'Region 4'  is quite close to Frank's.

Mez

thanks for the link. I've just spent half the morning reading some of it. Its really good and enlightening. Something that stood out to me was how prophecies become actual realities... a person merely taps into focus 3 and recieves information not relavent to this dimension but they make it fit into this dimension and they make their prophecy which is then given attention making it an actual probability... people then believe it which lends great amounts of energy to it and thus it actually manifests! Thats an amazing bit of info.

Gandalf

Yeah, most of it is great stuff and seems to agree with much of the findings of monroe and frank.

The only bit I don't really agree with at the moment (but maybe only because i dont quite understand what elias is on about), is the bit about how animals dont incorporate emotions in the same way as we do.

Elias definately views them as sentient beings with their own plans and choices and they do experience what we call love/affection and can express it also.

However he says they dont incorporate emotions as we do and their *expressions* of emotions, ie excited, angry, fearful etc are actually forms of visual communication, to let others around them know what they like or do not like, or what they prefer or do not prefer. We interprete them as emotional responses but they are actually symbolic forms of communication that we interprete as emotions.

I don't buy that one.. Anyone who has observed their pets will know full well that they express a full range of emotion and they express it to each other, not just us. I have seen my dog jumping around the house, out of control and slavering just to get his teeth around an apple!  I dont believe for a moment he is just sending me a visual signal that he would 'prefer an apple'.... the reality is that he is so excited that he cannot even control himself and runs around in circles... (he's a bit manic my dog!).

It is hard to see their behaviour as anything other than the same kind of emotional expression as we would recognise in ourselves.

Mez

thats an interesting point but i think i understand where elias is coming from. Look at how humans use emotions... emotions have a huge impact on human behaviour and influence our desicions in a big way. I dont think its the same for animals...take for example a person who holds a grudge... theres a lot of emotion there now do you think animals hold grudges with emotions like we do? I dont think so... im sure animals experience emotions but like elias said they're more a form of outward visual communication... that is they dont internalize there emotions and store them like humans do.

Gandalf

Stookie

Rudolph Steiner says that emotions come out of the astral body. Before this phase of our evolution we had only a lower, animalistic astral body that governs base emotions, mostly tied to basic socialization, food, & sex - in other words, physical survival. Animals today only have this part of the astral body (yet some are planting seeds for their next part of evolution). We still have this, but have also evolved a higher, humanistic part of the astral body where more complicated "human" emotions manifest as language, art, science, religion, etc.

Well, that accompanied with an ego.

Of course I can't confirm any of this myself, I've just studied a lot of Steiner.

Novice

Actually it's interesting even at a more fundamental level than that. If you think about it, animals seem to be focused on the present moment all the time. They don't get bogged down with thoughts of things from the past or future -- including all the worry, fear, excitement, etc that goes along with them. If they are threatened by a predator, they run as fast as possible till they're free. Then given a few minutes to calm down, they're fine. Heart rate is back to normal and they're grazing on grass or what have you. If that were to happen to a human, we remained tense/pumped for hours after we're free. And anytime we think about the incident, which we all know we'll do repeatedly, our body responds accordingly. Animals don't replay these events in their minds. What's done is done. They don't carry it with them. I think that's something we can learn from.

Also, unrelated to emotions/animals, I found the content from Elias regarding Jesus and the crucifixion/second coming interesting. Not sure I agree/believe what he describes as the Rose children, but I do believe what he says about the crucifixion not occurring. A few years ago I visited the Akashic Records and asked to see the crucifixion. The helper didn't understand what I meant. I elaborated about Jesus and then he shook his head slightly, with a strange smile, and said they didn't have it. I wasn't convinced the event took place, so was attempting to verify for myself. I hadn't posted this before, because I wasn't sure of the reason for them not having it, but I suspected it was because it never happened. So what Elias said about that event seems to be true based on what I've been able to determine....very interesting.

Gandalf

That's interesting, although for me, not very suprising. I never really took any of the biblical stories literally in any case. I see them as mythology and as with other mythology, they are infused with symbolic meaning.

I doubt there ever was one single figure called 'Jesus Christ'. I believe the figure is a composite of several figures as well as being a personification of the core values and ideology of the Christian system, I never took him as a literal figure. So much of the bible story is related to earlier pagan mythology, especially the fixation with 'dying and rising' god types, a common god motif of the ancient near east.

Anyway, without getting into a discussion on the development of Christianity, which belongs in another forum, I think its interesting how much of the Elias material gels with what else I have read, but also how some of it differs. I think that with all channeled information there is some element of doubt due to data contamination, namely the beliefs and ideas held by the channeling individual, as well as others directly involved. Elias is the first to admit this.

Old Dood

Quote from: Mez on October 16, 2007, 23:32:45
thats an interesting point but i think i understand where elias is coming from. Look at how humans use emotions... emotions have a huge impact on human behaviour and influence our desicions in a big way. I dont think its the same for animals...take for example a person who holds a grudge... theres a lot of emotion there now do you think animals hold grudges with emotions like we do? I dont think so... im sure animals experience emotions but like elias said they're more a form of outward visual communication... that is they dont internalize there emotions and store them like humans do.
I do not think animals have grudges either.  However, they do have memory.  If someone mistreats them they will NEVER forget. If someone is always kind to them they will 'worship' them.(lack of a better term)

We have a Welsh Cardigan Corgi Dog and it is fun to 'see' how he ticks so to speak.  I noticed he remembers people (and places) by name. He is quite bright and has a good sized vocabulary.  My best friend is his best friend. (it could just be he is male like me and responds to males more then the 2 women in our home)  My friend name is Mark. So if I say "mark that on the calendar" then he hears the word Mark...he is up and ready.  Many times I will pet him at the end of a day and go through the day with him. I will bring up the people he saw that day and he perks his ears up but he doesn't get excited. I always wonder if he is remembering the day as I walk him through it.  He looks at me as 'if' he does.  The very next day if I try this he will get all excited as if someone that I mentioned is coming over to the house.  Sorry, hope I didn't get to far off topic. That part 'perked my ears up'. :D  I do believe pets for example do have what I call 'Raw Emotions'.  Or...Pure Emotions.
They are straight forward emotions.  More Black and White then we tend to do with ours.  This is why you do not punish a dog for doing something that didn't happen in the NOW.  Like pooping on the carpet while you were gone.  Then again...when ours has done it (when he isn't feeling well) and I come home he will not run up to me all excited like every other day.  He will sit in 'shame' knowing he did something 'bad'.  Or he will come up to me and quietly lick me.(while I am cleaning it all up)  I have learned to simply talk to him and ask him if he is not feeling well and then take him outside.  He 'seems' to understand this tenderness I am showing him.

I went to the website that Gandalf posted.  I haven't had time to read most of it yet. However, could someone explain to me the comparison between Elias and Monroe's experience? I do not even know who Frank is.  Are you speaking of the 'rings' or focus levels?  I have read Monroe's books recently and I am still digesting them.  I guess I am asking for a more simple explanation of it all if that is possible.

Thanks...
Time will Tell...
MY SPECIAL PURPOSE

Novice

Frank has a very good post on phasing that you can find in the Astral FAQ section, below is a link:

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_the_astral_faq/what_is_phasing_and_how_can_i_do_it-t17413.0.html

Phasing is what Robert Monroe later called his process. It is a seperate method to explore expanded consciousness than an OBE, which is how he first began. Monroe categorizes consciousness into a bunch of focus levels (1-35 I think). Frank read Monroe and based on his own experiences, narrowed the categories into 4 areas instead of 35+.

The Elias material also describes areas of consciousness very similar to what Frank had -- using 4 areas at present. If memory serves, Elias calls them Regions. But if you look up that in the digest section, you'll see 4 regions. His descriptions are consistent with Frank and, once compacted, with Monroe's theory.

Hope that helps!

Old Dood

Yes...thanks.  It does help some.

I have also read Cayce's stuff too and he has it in 'Regions' for Afterlife anyways.

I just need to read and read some more. :)

EDIT:  Just wanted to add that now I know who Frank is. :)
That was driving me nuts...hehe
Time will Tell...
MY SPECIAL PURPOSE

SilverSlider

I really like his deliver style as well as the content...he comes across as being very sincere & helpful in the transcriptions.

One thing I've always been confused by when people judge channelings, is whether they are legit or not. I'm not sure if it really matters - if you are a discernible reader and the material is bunk, then leave it...even if it's some person completely making things up and claiming the words came from the king of Kartesus 9 circling Polaris, but the material is very very good, who cares?

The only difference I can see is that it's a little more glamorous and exotic if it's a true channeling handing down information from separate entities in other dimensions, times or galaxies.

And I beleive that his all gets at what Gandalf is referring to here: If you actually think and cross check with other sources (including yourself!), you will find out what is true and what isn't, as there probably are fluctuations in all channelings, no matter how pure they claim the contact to be.

Quote from: Gandalf on October 17, 2007, 18:56:14
I think that with all channeled information there is some element of doubt due to data contamination, namely the beliefs and ideas held by the channeling individual, as well as others directly involved. Elias is the first to admit this.

Though I have to disagree with your last sentence, Gandalf....as much as I hate to bring this up because this group has kind of a bad rap, Mayatnik and his Zeta channeling group as far as I remember *always* told people not to take everything they say as fact, and to check other sources. Actually, the Zeta's themselves repeatedly told readers in various channelings to check for themselves to see if something that they say is true - going as far as giving a technique to check (pendulum), though one could use any divination tool, really.

Good stuff though, I'll have to check it out more when I get back from work.

Edit: Read through some of the stuff - Whoa, so much to read! LOL but one thing that stuck out was like I mentioned before, Elias' delivery; He says "so to speak" often, which I find myself saying (or similar phrases) when explaining things like consciousness and astral projection to friends - in a way sort of validates, for me,  his understanding of these things. I say this because when I use these phrases I have to use illustrations of "basic" understanding to get more abstract ideas across.

Edit2:
"I am not attaching this to Regional Area 2, for within Regional Area 2, just as within your dreams, there are many levels or areas; your language is very limited; in which connections take different paths."

Amen!

Gandalf

I agree, but a lot of people don't realise that channelings come through a fog of distortion  and people often take them as undisputed fact.

It's more difficult because the channeling individual may have no idea what part is genuine and what part comes from their own mind or mind of others in the room. We all have our own beliefs.

The problem is obvious when Elias describes how the 'Elias' that we hear at our end is actually an amalgamation of the 'real' Elias and the channeling subject - for the duration of the communication, 'elias' is in effect a new being, made up of the two personalities.

No wonder ideas, concepts and theories get mixed up! Channeling will always suffer from these limitations, which is why i guess the best approach is Monroe's or Frank's: i.e. go there yourself and experience it directly... easier said than done though for most of us!

Ben K

Ah Elias!

I got heavily into seth and elias about time i started visiting astral pulse, when frank was still around. Id be glad to answer any questions as i've come to learn quite alot from him, and treasure his teachings. All of it is perfectly valid in my experience and it also matches quite well with what frank did and alot of the stuff monroe came across. He also says some interesting stuff about monroe and his levels that relates to franks model as well, here it is.

JENNY: We came from the Monroe Institute and we were - how do you say this? - exploring other levels of consciousness or whatever they call that, feeling other energy, feeling myself in different vibrations. I don't know what to call it.

ELIAS: Allowing yourself to explore other areas of yourself. These are not levels.

JENNY: Why do they call them levels?

ELIAS: These are expressions of your beliefs.

I may express to you, within the expressions of religious beliefs - of which your creation of metaphysics in this time framework is merely a new religion, a new persona of religious beliefs - in this, within the aspects of religious beliefs, it is expressed that there are levels of movement, higher and higher levels of achievement, of attainment, of movement. There are hierarchies.

JENNY: And higher energies and lower energies. What is that about?

ELIAS: There are no higher energies and lower energies. You ARE consciousness.

JENNY: I was thinking when I was at the Monroe Institute that none of that made sense, but somehow everything ... it's like I said, I'm rebellious about everything. It's just this part of me that is like, this doesn't...

ELIAS: Allow yourself the recognition that these are merely the expressions of beliefs. This is not to say that the concepts are not valid or that the movements are not valid, for they are. Information is communicated, and this is not necessarily invalid. All of your reality is intertwined with beliefs. The movement of this shift is merely to RECOGNIZE these beliefs, not to eliminate them, not to perpetuate them by expressing that they are good and bad, or that they are right or wrong.

JENNY: We still function under a belief system, and that's okay.

ELIAS: Correct.

JENNY: Because I used to think, "Oh, this belief system is programming me; I just wish I could take it away."

ELIAS: No. The point is to be recognizing and accepting that these are expressions of your reality in this physical dimension and (deliberately) not to allow the automatic response to them to dictate your choices.

Anyway im just stopping by at Astral Pulse and saw a thread on elias, had to chirp in. his stuff is great.  :-D

PS- gandalf alot of the information that comes out of a channel is related to their own beliefs, as well as the type of energy exchange that is happening. I think that in a light trance, where the channeler is still somewhat conscious, there is a much greater distortion level than say, how elias does it with mary ennis, which is a deep trance. it allows him to bypass alot and is a much more efficient method of getting information across...albeit a little tougher on the physical body of the channeler. another "essence personality" that does this deep-trance style channeling is Kris and i believe Ramtha as well. Theres tons of em out there and they are all valid in their own way ;)
EXPERIENCE IS KNOWLEDGE

Ben K

PSS- about the animal thing. its very complicated because you have to be familiar with the terminology that elias uses and you have to know what hes talking about when he says emotion.hes not talking about it strictly in terms of feelings, as in you feel happy or sad. his terminology of "emotion" is very different than what we have collectively come to believe about emotion. Animals possess FEELINGS, but they do not possess emotions. They can be happy and sad, but that is not an emotion in the elias terminology. Emotion is much deeper. If anyone cares to read here is a great digest with some stuff on emotion:

http://www.eliasforum.org/digests/sexuality_emotion.html
EXPERIENCE IS KNOWLEDGE

Selski

Hi Ben K

Thanks for posting the Jenny/Elias conversation - that was really interesting.

I love the fact that it's ok to function under a belief system - kind of a relief for me.  I've been so reluctant to believe in anything, thinking that I might be being "had" in some way.

I was coming to the same conclusions myself anyway, but it's nice to hear it from someone else as well.

Cheers!  :-D

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

Ben K

hey selski

yes, that was quite a relief for me to find out as well. i had been practicing LDing and OBE work for awhile when i came across elias and i was unknowingly allowing all these various beliefs to affect me, and as elias says, BELIEFS CREATE REALITY. Then i found out how beliefs work, that they are more like TOOLs for CREATING reality than they are GUIDELINES on how reality ALREADY IS. When you look at it from that perspective suddenly you stop becoming victim and you can allow yourself to create your reality (physical AND non-physical) EXACTLY how you want it to be. You put yourself in the pilots seat!

Ben
EXPERIENCE IS KNOWLEDGE

Gandalf

Have any of you found any part of the elias material that goes into detail on the various regions of consciousness in the same way as Monroe/Frank et al?

I did read the sections of Elias's 'region 1 to 4 model', which pretty much tallies with Frank's system and in turn Monroe's, but I noticed Elias doesnt really spend much time describing the environments of these areas in the same detail as Frank or Monroe; I think mainly because Elias is trying to get across the big picture as it were.

However it would be nice if he provided some detail of specific regions and their workings, just so as to provide a comparison.

Gandalf

Hi Ben,

Interesting piece there about Elias and his comments about Monroe, although i disagree with Jenny talking about how she didn't like the Monroe Institute's talk of levels and heirarchies. Actually Monroe, like Elias, also does not accept the concept of heirarchies. The levels are simply labels used to define certain areas of consciousness. Monroe was quite clear about this, as is the institute imo.

Anyway, I re-read some of Elias' info on the 4 regions and they do conform quite well to Frank's description, and in turn Monroe's, although as I said, he doesn't really go into specific detail on the environments, as does Frank or Monroe, as Elias seems to be more concerned with the broader scope.

One thing that seems clear to me is that Focus 3 or 'Region 3' is *way broader* than many people may have realised until now.

Frank was more concerned with the 'transition aspect' of F3, which is important although he mentioned that there were other elements that make up the region too, although he didn't know too much about them. Elias very much expands on this.

Also, Frank's description of people in F3 describes them very much like ourselves and the environments very earth like, in fact *more earth like than earth* as he says... a kind of hyper reality.

However Elias goes on to talk about people in F3 transition engaging and becoming aware of their other selves (focuses), but clearly this must be happening at a point beyond Frank's upper F3 (F27) level, as these people he found in F3 were still very much like ourselves on earth, ie with one main focus.

What comes across to me is that Frank's and Monroe's description of F3/f27 is in reality only the early stages of F3/transition.... eventually there comes a point where you must come into full realisation of all your other focuses and this in turn prepares you for the eventual primary focus switch to F4.

Actually, I think Frank may have hit on this already, as interestingly, in his discussions about F3 and F4, he said that he had come across people who were 'kind of half in F4 and half out of it so to speak'; To me this state sounds like an even 'higher' state of F3 and possibly the state of multi-dimensional awareness that elias talks about via F3 transition (although i don't like the term 'higher' - but you know what I mean).

This means that the whole F3/F23-F27 environments that Monroe and Frank talk about, are only the tip of the iceberg of F3 and indeed the whole 'transition process'.

I also like Elias's description of how there were also those resident in R3 who, instead of being engaged in transition, have decided to become specialised in communicating and engaging with those in F1/R1. I guess this covers all the mediums and their non-physical colleagues, and perhaps related to this area, all those who engage in 'retrieval work', as this involves those who have entered into difficulty on their immediate transfer from F1 to F3.

Novice

Gandalf-
Yeah, I had read that as well. I was a bit disappointed that he wouldn't give anything other than a cursory mention of F4 -- although his rationale made sense -- we wouldn't be able to comprehend it as we are now.

But, yes, most everything else he mentions synchs with my own experiences/views at present. Very interesting stuff...   8-)

Ben K

EXPERIENCE IS KNOWLEDGE

Old Dood

Quote from: Ben K on December 12, 2007, 14:40:13
some cool info on F4-

http://www.eliasforum.org/digests/RA4.html
Come on....Can someone give the 'Cliff Notes' on all of that? :D
My head hurts...
Time will Tell...
MY SPECIAL PURPOSE