News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Improved physical senses?

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather B.

Have any of you experienced a greater clarity in your physical senses as you become more lucid and in tune with nonphysical reality?

Over the last month or two, I've definitely experienced the latter.  And then last night, when I was driving somewhere at dusk, I realized that everything looked so amazingly vivid and almost hyper-real!  I felt so much more... immersed in the world!

I don't know if maybe it was just atmospheric or optical effects at that moment--weather, lighting, etc.--or just my state of mind/awareness.  It was strange, but very beautiful and felt very good!  Even now, looking around my apartment... it's a different "atmosphere."  My walls and everything are all white, but I now notice subtle shading and coloring from the light outside (I always try to use only natural lighting as much as possible).  I also notice more subtleties in the way things feel and sound.  I don't feel that smell and taste have been affected much, but maybe they will be in time.

I guess it's not so much that my physical senses have changed in some way, as that maybe my nonphysical senses are more active, or my mind is more alert and processes sensory info better...  Maybe?

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?  What do you think?   :confused:
|*~.,.~*@*~.,.~*@*~.,.~*@*~.,.~*@*~.,.~*|
:sunny:  Heather B.
(formerly known as Almost Mrs. Murphy)

Sky, far away sky
A murmured voice:
"Your dreams now turn
the wheel of the stars."

--Arai Akino, "Tsuki no Ie"

jalef

Yeah i have the same impression. I think it is a result of work with altered states of consciousness (meditation).
The truely wise man knows that he knows nothing!
  - Confuzius

Stookie

For me, I don't think it's enhanced senses, but a concentrated mind. There's not so much crap going on in my head, so now I can smell the flowers.

I've come to a greater realization as to what the physical world is about and can appreciate the little things.

MisterJingo

Quote from: StookieFor me, I don't think it's enhanced senses, but a concentrated mind. There's not so much crap going on in my head, so now I can smell the flowers.

I've come to a greater realization as to what the physical world is about and can appreciate the little things.

This is one of the (cited) benefits of meditation ie senses seem more pronounced because we can focus on them with less background noise in our heads (to take our attention away from the data of our senses).

I now Heather hasn't mentioned meditation, but the majority of nonphysical disciplines cultivate a more aware mindstate over time, so I guess its not a huge leap of logic to say they might bring the same benefits of exercises which concentrate soley on awarness.

Cereal-N-Milk

i havnt APed yet, but ive noticed that my awareness owns since ive been practicing. I notice things that arnt even in my line of sight  :grin:

Selski

Heather

In the last 6 months or so, I've had the same experience.  

Sometimes I look at the scenery and it's as if the trees I can see are superimposed, because they seem so defined.  And no, I haven't got new glasses recently...  :lol:

I notice things a lot more too, which I'm delighted about.  I used to go through life quite blinkered.

Long may it last...  :grin:

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.