News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

The key for me

Previous topic - Next topic

Astralzombie

I've been reading the different posts for a few months and I really admire how the experienced members keep helping the new ones try and have their first OBE with intent. I say with intent because my first two were through lucid dreaming though i did not know that's what it was called, and to say I was frightened is to call the earth a rock.  But it was a very eye-opening experience to have with my eyes closed.

Thus began my ascent into higher learning. I am a Christian and I had a lot of reservations about pursuing my curiosity for all the reasons that everyone is aware of. But I refuse to be ignorant because someone told me it's in my best interests and it made me wonder how ignorance could be true under any circumstance. That's just stupid. Never the less, I was told that it was just a dream. Well let me tell you, that doesn't fly with someone who knows the difference between a regular dream and what I now know is a lucid dream. All doubt was erased from me at that point because I was in the middle of a lucid dream when I had my first two OBE's, and I have no earth to rock comparison that can span the gulf between the two.

I tried for two months nightly before I had my first OBE with intent. I had to let go of a lot before I did.  I was not willing to let go of my Christian beliefs but I saw no reason why I couldn't reconcile that with the belief that OBE's could be very positive and enlightening.  For those of you who are trying and trying and have not succeeded, ask yourself if your willing to challenge your old way of thinking.

If so, what helped me was changing the terminology.  I say OBE instead of AP to lose the religious stigma that was attached to it.  I use the phrases "with intent and with out intent" because I was not ready to get caught up with the whole "state of conscience and the differences thereof" discussion (but prepare yourself because when you do have your first OBE, you..., well, I'm getting ahead of myself here). Finally, I stopped saying "higher self", "realms and planes" and instead settled on "higher learning". Because after all, for me, that's all it was. I was tired of being ignorant and the only way to avoid ignorance is to educate yourself. In case your wondering, I am still a Christian (no, I have not met Jesus), only now I don't have to rely on believing as much since it's easier just knowing.  I apologize if I offended any body's sensibilities.

If not, you may not be ready for an intentional OBE but then again, maybe you are.

I'm not here to preach, or advocate one belief over another, I'M just saying what worked for me.

Great website guys, I will be sticking around. Good luck to everyone.

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Lionheart

Hello and Welcome to the Astral Pulse!  :-)

You picked such a strange name for someone that sounds pretty positive!  :?

It sounds like you have figured out what works for you here and that's all that's important.

I prefer to lose all the labels, except the important one, which is my destination, the Non Physical Reality.

I find that there are a number doors that can lead to this area. Whether they are initiated by accident or with full conscious awareness, you are still ending up at the same place.

What you do when you get there or how you react I should say, will determine what's waiting for you when you arrive!  :wink:

Good Luck and Safe Travels!

Astralzombie

Hi, I read something a long time ago that was really inspiring. I can not recall anything from it but the "it's all bad " part. But just remembering those words is enough to trigger the positive feelings I had when I first read it.

Everything you say, I have found to be true for me as well. My first two that were not intended were frightening but it was only my reaction to the defiance of all the "laws" that rule this reality(that's the kind of talk I wasn't ready for but it's unavoidable once it happens) and not because I saw any particular thing. S

Now that I have grown spiritually from my own OBE's, I was wondering if there is such a thing as abusing the ability to have one? I still think there is much for me to learn from the other side but I haven't yet fully progressed from the "lessons" I've already had.  Thanks, again.  
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Volgerle

I still do not see a contradiction between being a Christian and doing OBE/AP. I am not in any religion (anymore, I was "born" and baptised as a Christian child, yes), so take this from one who looks at it from the outside.

Maybe you could look at mysticism. Mystics certainly have experiences with AP and other paranormal stuff. Islam and Judaism have mystical branches too (Sufi, Kabballa). There are a lot of Christian mystics in history, some were persecuted by the Church during inquisition times, such as e.g. Meister Eckhart. Also, the Bible contains scenes, prophesies and visions that can be re-interpreted as clear OBEs. Paul the Apostle is said to have been an experienced projector. (Bible citation: ""I know a man in Christ, fourteen years ago, (whether in the body I know not, or out of the body I know not, God knows) such a one caught up to the third heaven...")

Astralzombie

I was raised a Catholic and just talking about something was the same as inviting evil into your life. It sounds silly to some but it's very compelling when your raised that way. Like a lot of people , I was on the cusp of projecting but I just couldn't. I looked inward and figured out that I felt guilty in a sense. I did what any lawyer would and I changed the terminology to change my thinking. I changed the way I thought and the results changed as well.
Mark Twain