News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

The Sound Experiences

Previous topic - Next topic

raditus

About a year ago, I was surfing Youtube and found this walkthrough in pieces for Dead Space. There was one part about where in one of the games, the main character gets into this big booster chair, and the chair launches, sending the character away and out of that part of the space place at really high speed, then goes direction to where you are using the suit's space-flying, dodging debris.

As I love different sci-fi sound effects, I saved the entire scene as a mp3 file, having the sounds of the launch, the flying, to the crashing end. I had this sitting around on various devices of mine, until I had a inspiring idea last night to fire up an old laptop and make a sound project out of it.

I cut the majority of the sound file away, including the launch especially, and most of the flying – notably the middle and the ending. I used a sound program to loop the thrusters of the suit, some breathing, one of the debris moving by, and the rhythmic beeping of the air indicator.

I looped it for 10+ minutes, because I had this inspired idea. I took my 10 minute mp3 QH clip that is a quick hit for astral projection, mixed it in there at a low enough volume so that, hopefully, the listener could hear both without one sound sample drowning out the other.

I used this almost straight away.

I imagined, as I lay there, in my bed, was that I shoot up from my body like a plane takes off from a strip. (I was on my stomach.) I was relaxed, envisioning myself in space, flying straight down to Earth, visualizing Earth's real space debris, timing in perfectly with the whoom sound of the piece of debris from the sound file. Nearly instantly, not even 3-4 minutes in, I felt myself exiting! Surprising to me, as the regular, unedited sound OutOfBodyQH makes me take nearly the whole length of the file to get me gone.

I exited, decided to go astral just outside of Earth's orbit, intending to zip around to where the supposed Black Knight Satellite thing is, to get a gander at what it's really about. Lost focus on this goal, ending up giving up and going elsewhere in my AP instead.

I got the sound file still, as I want to use this. Anyone want a copy to see what happens when they use it? How do you want me to send it, if the file isn't too big?

Szaxx

Dropbox or similar can be used. Put in a public folder and get a link to it. This link can be shared and it won't overload the max file size.
It sounds a great idea and I'd give it a few tries.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

raditus

Quote from: Szaxx on February 05, 2016, 16:15:54
Dropbox or similar can be used. Put in a public folder and get a link to it. This link can be shared and it won't overload the max file size.
It sounds a great idea and I'd give it a few tries.

Ok, thanks so much for the info. I got a link for the file; Hope it works.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ccws18dj1asl0hz/FlightQH.mp3?dl=0

Enigmatik

What a great idea!  I'm really looking forward to giving this a go.   I could see me trying this as well to different songs that I love.   Thanks raditus!  :lol:

raditus

No problem at all, just wanted to draft this up to help others as well.

Szaxx

It works, I've downloaded it for the next available slot. I know it would work in my car by its ambience. I'm parked up while the girls go shopping. They prefer it this way so I use the time to project.
Bonus on both sides lol.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

raditus

I was going back, viewing the file with the original sound program I made it with. I noticed what I thought was a major problem view feedback using the program. I made one tweak on it. Here is number 2 of the same file, hope it sounds better.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ukdalae8ebcu6pe/Flight%202QH.mp3?dl=0

Any other problems, please let me know so I can try to fix it!  :-D