The Steps to Success in your First Projections

Previous topic - Next topic

Lookedynamixhales

This forum is truly the best place for knowledge i have come across on the entire web for astral projecting :)

meeshatech

Wow I needed that! Thank you Contendo. I have one question for you...or anyone for that matter, once you are in np world, is it right there in your visualization that you appear? Also, do you have to open your eyes at that point or are they automatically opened?
Peace and Love,
and....
All of the above!

mdiacon

Hi i am a new person to the world of astral projection ( found out about it like a week ago). Tried to do it but still no success, now that i am reading more about it, i understand more and hopefully will be able to do it soon enough. Most of all the webs have answered my questions but i still have some left that i hope someone on this forum can help me with.
1. Does astral projection always occur after sleep paralysis? i mean do you have to pass sleep paralysis to get to astral or not?
2. me and my sister sleep in the same room and we are both trying to do it, if i do it first then i read somewhere that there is a way to help someone thats sleeping to astral project. Now my question is: what if we both astral project, and since no one can go in your body without you letting them, what if we both go i each others body, what can happen, will i be able to go back?
3. I also saw some astral projection mantras that people use. Am i supposed to say them in my mind or out loud? Do i say them after sleep paralysis, in help to astral project?
4. I am seriously having problems getting to sleep paralysis. I stay put not moving, breathing normally but i only get as far as tingling and thats it. Is there easier ways to get there? Also i read on this forum the " 66 techniques of astral projection", do i do them after sleep paralysis or when?
5. If i am astral projection, and someone in the morning wakes me up, will i be able to get up or not? I mean would my soul automatically go into my body or not?
6. Do i control how long my astral projection lasts? Can i do it for hours?
7. If i move something while astral projecting, would it move in real life? Like if i go into my living room and move some papers, would they remain moved in real life? or is that something one has to work on, like a ghost and try to really move something, because i read somewhere that a way to do that is to try to move your body while you are astral projecting.
8. i understand all the things you can do while in astral projection, but what is the next level ( mental plane), how do you get to that? and what is different between the two? i mean what can you do in mental one that you can't in astral one?
9. what exactly are the steps to astral project after you are just in sleep paralysis and are just laying there not able to move but hearing everything? do all the vibrations and humming and all those that lead to astral projection, happen after sleep paralysis?
10. i am completely confused about the body chakras and their connection to be able to astral project?

Thanks so much, and i really appreciate all your answers

Contenteo

1. Let's just say, as a beginner, you first projection is going to occur well after you reach that mind awake/body asleep state.

2. Won't happen. There is some solid arguments that you are never in your body to begin with. You are a intangible being having a tangible experience. Not other way around. Probably same room attempts is a bad idea. You need to not focus on the physical to phase.

3. There are a number of plateaus as you put your body alseep, (F10, F12, etc.) I use, different strategies for different levels on different nights. Only mantra you need is a strong imagination.

4. The majority of what is written in this thread already outlines that you need to take a passive approach, not wield an arsenal of techniques. That will never get you there. Sleep paralysis can take up to 15-20 minutes some nights. Just take deep breaths and relax. It sounds like you are pretty up tight about this stuff. You need to be really relaxed for projection to occur. I have never heard of anyone forcing a projection.

5. Soul? Again, it never left you body. If you have ever had one of those 20 minute naps that seems like hours in the dream world, the experience we be very much like that. It's nothing too radically different then anything you have experienced yet. Just a lucid dream.

6. Do i control how long my astral projection lasts? Can i do it for hours?
There have been a number of threads on this in the past. The overwhelming consensus is that the average 'full-control' projection experience lasts about 3 minutes. I have had experiences that have last seemingly hours.

7. When you project, it is to my belief and understanding that you are not in the 'this' reality, but a 'lower level' of you imagination. So it a reflection of what you imagine your surroundings to be before you pass out. I have had countless projections now, and none of this stuff has ever occurred. Nor have I heard about it occurring to anyone else.

8. Let's just get mind awake body asleep first, then you can worry about reaching the alleged upper stages enlightenment.

9. Yes, laying there + vibrations + forgetting who and where you are = projection. You need to practice and get to mind awake body asleep. That's like asking how to do a derivative before you even know how to multiply.

10.IMO, Body chakras are a conceptual framework of understanding. They are much like 7 notes of a musical scale.

Cheers,
Contenteo

P.S. meeshatech - you have to relieve yourself of you last perspective, in this case, the physical, and then you'll just seemingly slip into a world that appears like reality, but is not. You will believe it to be reality, but there will be strange differences and you will think nothing of them. Like a dream, you will not realize what has happened until you are engrossed.

desert-rat

On methods , I guess you go with what works for you .  I sent you Erin"s link in p.m.  she has some blogs on a.p.  and will post it hear also http://www.erinpavlina.com/   and one on the chakras they are energy centers .  http://www.aznewage.com/chakras.htm   There are methods like the middler pillar    or circulation of white light to build there energy .To quote DickSutphen , "no two people experence past life regression , or astral projection in the same way "  He also said " knowledge erasses karma" .

M4RT1N

What do you mean by "Let you teeth come together" if I completely relax my jaw then it will drop, biting my teeth together would be the opposite of relaxing.

"Focus on hearing things in the physical. Anything to pass the time until you body falls asleep." So with this method I need to first get sleep paralysis and then after I'm in SP visualize? I always thought if you're in sleep paralysis you can just get up and you're out.

If I just listen to things and focus on myself breathing then I always fall asleep or at least become extremely close to falling asleep and completely lose focus, then my body will do something and I'll realize that I almost fell asleep and then I'll give up. :-(

Contenteo

Yeah I can't say that first 10 minutes is the most exciting thing in the world. Its actually so boring that some nights I will simply not project because I don't feel like waiting the time to get into the mature state necessary.
Sleep paralysis is a messy term because there are so many states of depth once you have hit body asleep mind awake. Even then, there are many depths until you have hit a truly mature body asleep, mind awake state.

By teeth together, I simply mean your jaw isn't hanging ajar. It is much easier to get into a F10 state by simply allowing your two sets of teether to meet. If you are laying down without a pillow, this usually means your bottom jaw falling upward to meet your top one, but if you have 1-2 pillow, it means allowing your top jaw to rest gently on your bottom.

Cheers,
Contenteo

Luis Castillo

Amazing source of info in this thread. Thank you so much for sharing Contenteo. Please let me ask you some questions:

The novocaine state is like a MUST in order to project, or you can just jump to the visualization part?
I ask you this, because I didn't think about that relaxation level (when my jaw and physical eyes fall asleep) like a essential thing. And for that reason I have reached that state only 2 times, because I didn't look for that. I reached it using the "noticing method" from Frank.

But usually I got deeply relaxed, and I feel my arms and legs really heavy, but I always have full control of my physical body, I mean I can just stand up at any moment, so I dont know the "body asleep" thing. Then, the novocaine state is exactly like mind-awake/body-asleep, so when you get that state you just can't move your body? Or you have full control over the physical?

I generally just jump to the "good" part (visualizating or using some mantra) from the begining. So, if novocaine milestone is really important what is the best aproach to reach it?

For last, I always have what I call "little-dreams" but I'm not sure if this is what you call visualizations non scripted (like the lady dancing). I wrote a post two weeks ago. Can you give me your thoughts about it please???

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/what_about_quotlittle_dreamquot-t43373.0.html

Thank you so much for all this information!

Contenteo

No problem. I am glad you are enjoying this thread and the projection experience.
Okay first you're doing great. Cultivating those tiny 'shorts' is key.

Is the Novocaine state mandatory?
No, I believe everybody engages somewhat in the Novocaine state(ones teeth/jaw feeling asleep- read above)after their awareness has left this physical reality. It's a natural part of sleep paralysis. I have found expecting this, and treating it as a first milestone speeds the whole process up excellently.  My efficacy for leaving body/deep meditation has been hieghtened as well. I should note in all my conscious exit OBE's, it has been instrumental.

Getting to F10 is a breeze for me now. Takes bout 10-12 minutes. Lay there and visualize('shorts' is a great way to explain it) or just be lazy and don't move or think all to much. First your feet feel numb, then your legs, then your midsection, and then your mouth, that is if you allow your teeth to rest. It's much easier to perceive yourself(your own conscious experirnce)slipping into F12 or F15(no time zone) states once Novacaine had been reached.

Nowadays, I find it relativly boring getting to F10 I save all my good techniques for after it's reached. I just find it way easier.

When you get to that state when your body is asleep, should you have control over your physical body to jump up, etc?

Yes, you will. That kill switch, to end projection attempt will always there with you. This is, until youvare actually projecting or in such a deep state, you dont realize anymore. I wouldn't be afraid of it not being there. It will always be there and the thought of that will always be meddling up your process. The trick is to just, not care... Which is very difficult. Remember, any thought of the physical during the transition process will chain you back to the physical.

I hope this all helps. Best on your journies.   :wink:

Cheers,
Contenteo

Astralzombie

I would also note that Contenteo's advice about allowing your upper and lower teeth to just touch will also help alleviate the need to swallow because you will naturally produce much less saliva when your teeth are touching.

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

M4RT1N

So if I'm lying on my back (without a pillow) I should bite my teeth together? If I would completely relax my jaw then my mouth would open, why would I bite my teeth together? Wouldn't that be the opposite of relaxing?

Astralzombie

Quote from: M4RT1N on October 03, 2013, 17:53:36
So if I'm lying on my back (without a pillow) I should bite my teeth together? If I would completely relax my jaw then my mouth would open, why would I bite my teeth together? Wouldn't that be the opposite of relaxing?

Keyword: allow

If you choose to go without a pillow then you would have a hard time allowing this to happen. You must choose your own position and deal with whatever comes with it. You never want to force anything.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

SaneSir

Hey!

I want to suggest an alternative method as opposed to: "Go to sleep late, (midnight or later), wake up early, (7am or earlier), go eat breakfast, use the bathroom, whatever you have to do.. THEN go lay down."

That method works for some people, but everyone is different, so here's my alternative suggestion for those, such as myself, who this method isn't ideal for.

I have managed 3 projections, (I'm new, don't hate, appreciate), and I find WHEN you try to project most defiantly has an impact on your success rate (as found by personal experience). Here is what is successful for me, and if you are also a beginner, this method to begin with may work for you too. :)

MY SUGGESTED METHOD:
((On the weekend when you don't have school/work, this method will eat up your afternoon.))

1) Go to sleep late, around midnight or later, at least late enough you can sleep in past lunch. (The idea is to rather then be LACKING sleep, as suggested in the other method, is to have, TOO MUCH sleep, which will make you physically and mentally drained enough that it is easier to relax and daydream, needed to induce OBE) *MAKE SURE TO FALL ASLEEP ON YOUR BACK* (if you're lucky, you'll wake up in sleep paralysis.

2)For me I usually sleep in past lunch, I'm so tired and exhausted from so much sleep all I have to do is close my eyes and drift back into a "sleep-like" state. So sleep in as late as you can, if you happen to wake up before lunch, just go right back to sleep. Continue to sleep until you wake up feeling totally drained.

3)After waking up, only get out of bed if you MUST (To use the bathroom), otherwise, right after awakening, without moving, stretching, or anything, close your eyes. This is because if you start moving, it will wake up your body, so hey, if you're TRYING to put your body to sleep, and it already is, why ruin it?

4)After awakening and closing your eyes, begin your preferred practice of inducing AP. For me what works in simply letting my mind wonder, I don't even think about AP, I start having weird wacky hallucination/visuals ((Example: I had one about dinosaurs holding hands and dancing.. They're fun.)) and I just watch them until I feel totally disconnected. Then, I simply Sit up, or roll out, of my body, and walk out of the room before opening my astral eyes.

~Good Luck~

Lionheart

Hello and Welcome to the Astral Pulse, SaneSir!

We don't hate here, we always appreciate, lol!  :-) Especially when a member (new or not) is sharing a technique that helped them find personal success with AP.

I find that you hit a key factor here. Too much sleep or not enough sleep both leave you in the "groggy state" which is great for AP.

Thank You for sharing!  :-)

Xanth

I can certainly attest to the "too much" sleep.
That's how I end up having the most spontaneous projections with... after I've slept in really late.  :)

Skyes

I notice this is a pretty solid text. The amount of information is really helpful. I will try to keep all this in mind during my practices. Thank you for sharing! :)

vstachu

Hi,
Did anyone experienced muscle twitch/jerk during this method  ?
sometimes instead of me snap back during visualization, for example my thigh or some finger will slightly twitch and this will bring me back form visualization, obviously then im focusing on my body 
I dont have problem with muscle twitching during day

Thanks
Stan

Astralsuzy

Quote from: Lionheart on October 25, 2013, 17:42:25
I find that you hit a key factor here. Too much sleep or not enough sleep both leave you in the "groggy state" which is great for AP.
There is no wrong or right so my way may not work for you.    I find I do not like being groggy.   When I am groggy I wake myself up.   I like to be alert.   That helps me to ap.   

soarin12

Quote from: vstachu on August 28, 2014, 14:33:00
Hi,
Did anyone experienced muscle twitch/jerk during this method  ?
sometimes instead of me snap back during visualization, for example my thigh or some finger will slightly twitch and this will bring me back form visualization, obviously then im focusing on my body 
I dont have problem with muscle twitching during day

Thanks
Stan

I used to get 2 or 3 muscle twitches during the process.  It's not a big deal as long as you don't get frustrated by it and think ' now it's ruined ' or ' this is really going to set me back'. 

I found the twitches or jerks are a necessary part of my body relaxing, and each time it happened, I would relax more deeply and be able to move more deeply along in the process.

So what seems like a minor setback is really just a part of the process.  Just take it in stride and keep going!  :)

TheWolfofDreams

Quote from: soarin12 on August 29, 2014, 04:51:08
I used to get 2 or 3 muscle twitches during the process.  It's not a big deal as long as you don't get frustrated by it and think ' now it's ruined ' or ' this is really going to set me back'. 

I found the twitches or jerks are a necessary part of my body relaxing, and each time it happened, I would relax more deeply and be able to move more deeply along in the process.

So what seems like a minor setback is really just a part of the process.  Just take it in stride and keep going!  :)
Thanks! I've been experiencing this myself a little and was worried it might be setting me back! I suppose it's all just in the response, or the lack thereof.

FuzzyQuills

Thank you so much for this! I knew something wasn't right with what I was doing. Will combine this with personalreality's method and see how it goes... :D
This world's Captain Falcon; A title I will pass down to a chosen one when I leave this dimension.

SCHMUSTIN

Just came across this post; I have been struggling for about 3 months not to have another OBE since my last partial separation.

This hit the nail on the head as to what you explain, not to do. I am excited to try this out tonight and tomorrow morning.

Hope all works out and I can get out!!

SCHMUSTIN

I read this post months, back but didn't really see any value :-( in it as i was just starting to explore this amazing ability.

After reading it "again" now after having a little more experience and going through the sensations, but never actually achieving a full separation.

I feel, I better comprehend what your are explaining; and will be trying what you are mentioning in this post in greater detail.

Interesting how you read something once; come back to it, you get allot more of what is being explained!

Tank You!

trainingpartner

I did the original visualisation method accidentally, I visualised something funny then I entered the vibration state at the same time. Then I laughed and I snapped out of it :cry: