The Technique That Gets Me Vibrations Consistently

Previous topic - Next topic

APGuy

Oh and I forgot to mention.  The method that gave me vibrations in the first place could help beginners.  The one where you imagine you are in a stream in a setting that you find calming near a water fall.  You are tied to the sides of the stream by yourself so that you don't get pulled down stream.  This is what got me the vibrations the first time.  Or maybe it was imagining I was the water flowing.  It's kind of blurry because of how close I was to sleep.  I think I imagined myself to be the water first and then myself in the water second.  I might have done this a couple of time changing back and forth.  Sorry I can't be more specific[:(].

holy reality

well... from experience I can say that this works... to a degree

A few months ago I was going through some really harsh episodes of sleep paralysis for a few weeks straight... almost every night all I'd do was dream about waking up, or become paralyzed and have all sorts of horrible presences attacking me....

I read about a technique to do when this happens to pretend you are a mirror so that you reflect their bad energy back to them.

I tried it.. and it worked very well, I was still scared but they seemed to be gone and I started vibrating... well... later that night everytime I'd halfway wake up I'd say "mirror" in my head and imagine that I am a mirror, and INSTANT VIBRATION.... after a few times this lead to almost instant OBE, I think... I don't remember it well.

However, I haven't tried it since then (while paralyzed) but.... based upon that I do think you can condition yourself to OBE to a stimulus... I think what I did was more of a post hypnotic suggestion though given that I can't meditate for 15 minutes and try the mirror thing and get vibrations...
!..............!

Tenacious

I wanted to add to your discussion so here goes! [:)]

I have been hypnotized 1 time in my life.  That was about 2 years ago now.  It was to quit smoking, and it worked!  I completely believe that hypnosis works, no matter what anyone says only because it was an experience I had.  However, the hypnosis did not work for VERY long.  I feel that it was the hypnotists fault for not getting everyone to a hypnogogic state.  I was partially there, but not to a point where it would have REALLY mattered.  It takes quite a while for me to get to a relaxed state like that.  Anyways, the hypnosis wore off, partially due to me for wanting to smoke again (**Smacks Head**), and I'm back to "normal".  I think that if you're going to do this, make sure you know ***HOW*** deep of a trance you need!  Otherwise you may have a lot of troubles!

(Y) PEACE!
-Tenacious[:P]

"The most interesting people in the world are those you do not understand" -Me

Leyla

> almost every night all I'd do was dream about waking up, or become
> paralyzed and have all sorts of horrible presences attacking me....

This is called "The Terror in the threshhold" or sometimes "Dwellers on the threshhold."
These are denied parts of youself. When ever the mind has a guilt/fear/trauma it blocks it off from your consciousness, in order to protect you. When that happens it becomes an seperate entity unto itself. Then when you go out of body it's waiting for you. There is no other way you can get around it- you're going to have to fight them. One by one. The second you stand up to them they vanish. REMEMBER: THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN LOSE. Usually a few days later you'll have a recovered memory of something bad you blocked out. Really it's the best self-help program ever.
This way you won't have to go into mirror mode every single time you want to project. You're going to have to face your fears sooner or later.

chupacabra

how do you know it's a blocked out part of yourself that has become a separate entity?
raised up like a welt on the skull of a mummy

Ybom

AYE! I agree with chupacabra there!

I'd like to stand up to a big entity, thinking it was self created only to get my mental butt handed to me. Reminds me of all those shows where someone dresses up in an animal costume for a party, and somehow a REAL one of those animals shows up...and you know how it goes from there...hilarious yet deadly.
I come prepared...with COOKIES! No, you can't have one!

Leyla

Hmmm. Easy.

I have fought with three "terrors/dwellers" that were myself, and one entity that was "real."

Here's how to tell- if it's a terror/dweller it won't talk to you. If it's a real entity you can communicate with it.

It's kinda like that scene where Luke Skywalker is doing battle with an enemy, then he pulls off the mask and see's that it's really himself.

omega

gleizner

APGuy

I have an idea for achieving OBE's more often.  You need to have OBEs already but it should raise the consistancy and maybe even eventually allow OBEs on will.  First I would like to say that NLP is Neuro-Logical Programming.  It is telling the mind that a certain stimulae will cause a certain effect.  For example eating a certain food while watching your favourite television program repeatedly on different occasions could possibly cause an eating disorder because the happiness you get when you watch that show will be related to that food.
Now as far as OBE's are concerned this would allow one to connect a certain stimulae with having OBEs.  So in other words you would tell your brain to OBE when ever you experience this stimulae.
So if one would be able to say think of the smell of a certain flower, the image of a certain forest, the sound of water falls, and the feel of waves every time they OBE eventually this would cause a much higher consistancy and eventually just thinking of being there will cause you to OBE.
This is of course theory.  Also self hypnotic suggestions (you tell yourself this when you're in deep relaxation and the subconcious believes it) like, "I will OBE whenever I am experiencing this stimulae."  You can and probably should replace this stimulae with whatever stimulae you chose simultaneously thinking of that stimulae.
I hope this helps.  Oh and the self hypnotic suggestions could help those who haven't projected yet based upon what they'e read the subconcious might know what to do.
I didn't mean to however I think that I did this with vibrations.  I connected vibrations with what I listed as the example.  I also purposely gave myself a self hypnotic suggestion that would cause me to get deeply relaxed when I said, "Deeply relax now."  I now get into a trance and vibrations (small ones) whenever I think or say to myself, "Deeply relax now.", and think of being in that place with the waterfall and what not.  I never did the flower thing but using up all the senses is the best way to go.