News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

thinking and memory

Previous topic - Next topic

jalef

what i tell you here is more or less the product of half a year of observation of the conscious thinking process. i dont know yet if the unconscious thinking process is structured differently because it is much harder to observe.

in an earlyer post i sayd that there are at least two steps of thinking (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=1986). now im quite sure that there are at least three:

1. the 'thought impulse': the pure initial thought that is more a feeling than that what most people would call a thought. it is without language and sometimes accompanied by a visual that is very faint.

2. some kind of 'pre-translation' into normal language. in this step the thought isnt transfered to complete sentences but you just have key words. if the thought impulse was accompanied by a visual, this visual becomes more clear. in this step the interpretation of thought and/or visual starts. that means that the original thought isnt undistorted any more.

3. the writing out of the thought into complete sentences. this is the inner monologue we have during normal waking consciouness. it is the most detailed 'description' and interpretation of the initial though our mind can give us.

during meditation it is quite easy after some practice to prevent the 3. step completely. the 2. step can also be prevented and even the thought impulse can be prevented by completely focusing on something (or on nothing but this is very very hard). since its still possible to deliberately stop the focusing without having to wait for a random thought impulse to occur it is quite obvious that there must be an even more subtle step of thinking. i have to explore this further but as far as i know now this step is a very short and faint 'knowing' without any feeling.

in normal life the first step is normally triggered by sensory input or foregoing thinking. the level of thinking is customized to the need of speed. the more subtle levels are much faster than the normal inner monologue. example: if you have to analyze something this will trigger many thought impulses but only the last one will trigger the rest. but usually it is kinda loo where an impulse triggers the full process and only at this point a new inpulse comes.

it becomes really interesting during meditation when you try not to think. then the thinking process doesnt originate from sensory input and cant originate from foregoing thinking. here thoughts just pop into mind, but where do they come from?

these steps are directly connected to memory: the more subtle the thought level the less memory you have about it. you can think something and the next second you forgot it because you prevented the whole process to occur. what is interesting about this kind of oblivion is that there still is the feeling that went hand in hand with the thought impulse but for some reason the mind isnt able any more (or very limited able) to translate this feeling into a real thought.

since it is so hard to remember hypnogogics and dreams it is logical that they must take place at a subtle level but on the other hand e.g. the background chattering that sarts when the dream mind starts to dream has to be at the very surface level of thinking since on the other levels there are no complete sentences.

i think that at this point the focus of consciousness plays a role: as long as youre focused on your conscious thinking process it is hard to even notice that there is another thinking process going on. but at this point it all becomes very hypothetical because as i said i dont know much about the unconscious thinking process. thank you for taking the time to read it...
The truely wise man knows that he knows nothing!
  - Confuzius

El-Bortukali

how about the rational,mathematic thinking/memory/process
Tá mo chroí istigh ionat

Job

The anomaly which produces hypnogogic imagery and dreams resides in the astral plane. When remaining still for a long period of time (hours) and doing nothing then it is possible to become more conscious of hypnogogic imagery (dreams). Also, by remaining still the imagery, sounds, etc. begin to still. If bodily stillness is retained for long enough then at times it is possible to fall asleep consciously and witness the anomaly which is behind the hallucinations (because the hallucinations begin to clear away without conscious interference. This is not difficult but it requires days of meditation, spending several hours meditating each day (patience).

Sometimes, when remaining still and preventing step 3. and step 2. thinking (mental analysis) it is still possible to notice extraneous thoughts. Interestingly enough, these thoughts are not merely feelings, or impressions. Rather, the thoughts are the hypnogogic hallucinations/dreams caused by the anomaly.

The anomaly produces subtle impulses in the day, both in the mind and body. When one goes along with the more subtle impulses (as you have already described with mental impulses) the impulses develop and eventually become movements, thoughts, etc..

The reason why the vast majority of humanity sleeps is because of the unawareness of the subtle suggestive impulses given off by this subconscious anomaly. It's fascinating though, that some people have actually noticed certain things (that the hypnogogic imagery does not occur by self-will).

Job

To do the meditation you just remain still doing nothing, mentally saying nothing, physically saying nothing, with the eyes closed (so that attention is lost and thoughts are not triggered by the outer senses). Eventually, remaining still like this, the physical body will fall asleep and the thoughts will naturally become silent. Then you will be faced with the astral anomaly and the hypnogogic creations. If you continue to remain still you should be able to get past the hallucinations and/or directly see/feel the anomaly (step 4)...

jalef

thanik you for the feedback. i will have to think about the anomaly thing.

Quote from: El-Bortukalihow about the rational,mathematic thinking/memory/process

during this process the thinking process works mostly on a very deep level in order to get maximum speed. a lot of thought impulses arise in a very short time, but they dont trigger the whole thinking process but other impulses, until you have the result and only this result thought impulse triggers the full process up to the inner monologue.
  - Confuzius

El-Bortukali

can any person reach that state or only a few selected?
Tá mo chroí istigh ionat

Job

Most people can not do a certain level of intricate thinking. It doesn't make them stupid--only that the mind is clouded by the subconscious anomaly. With it cleared thinking becomes faster, more coordinated and precise.

El-Bortukali

so,is there any way to replicate the same thinking of let's say,Albert Einstein,Steven Hawkins ,Carl Sagan,etc?

oh,and most importantly,how do i destroy that subconscious anomaly?
Tá mo chroí istigh ionat

Job

Well, there is an online school which teaches the fundamental basics of the discovery of the anomaly and its disintegration. There are some other sources, but this school is amongst the most reliable and useful:

www.gnosticweb.com

El-Bortukali

oh thanks,i'll take a look at that.
Tá mo chroí istigh ionat

jalef

Quote from: El-Bortukalican any person reach that state or only a few selected?

you dont need to reach a specific state, this proces goes on all the time but normally you are not aware of it, it is part of the subconscious just as job said.
  - Confuzius

kiwibonga

The fact that you become aware of the "subconscious" (which isn't really a good term since it's so broad) is what is meant when one says "an altered state of consciousness."
OBE counter: Lost track! 35+ since 3/21/2006

El-Bortukali

Quote from: jalef
Quote from: El-Bortukalican any person reach that state or only a few selected?

you don't need to reach a specific state, this process goes on all the time but normally you are not aware of it, it is part of the subconscious just as job said.

I'm not aware because it doesn't happen in my case :/

and thing, souls like Jack The Ripper,The Zodiac Killers, Hitler,Genghis Khan, are connected to me? i don't think i like that.

Shouldn't those souls be destroyed?
Tá mo chroí istigh ionat

jalef

yes kiwibonge youre right.

sorry El-Bortukali but i dont really get your point. please explain how you came from my thinking process theory to the belief that were all connected?
  - Confuzius

El-Bortukali

Actually,that belief was for another thread,but i got distracted...
Tá mo chroí istigh ionat