News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Third Eye

Previous topic - Next topic

Positive3

Hello Ladies and gentlemans,
I have one question in these past days i read many topics and some comments like "Hearing,Seeing,Feeling ..." with Thirdeye is it a methaphor or can someone explain what does it really mean and what does this "opening" Third eye means i remember many days ago xanth was saying it's just a methaphor to understand meaning behind it does same go for : Hearing,Seeing and so on i gently ask to describe from your perspective what does Activation,Hearing,Seeing Third-Eye means and what possitive and negative sides it has

ThaomasOfGrey

It isn't a metaphor. There is a physical organ inside the brain that has nerve connections with receptors in your eyes. Some older animals on this planet such as lizards still have a physical 3rd eye.

Our pineal gland is responsive to electromagnetism. Through it you can see visual signals corresponding to electricity in your brain and body.

The whole area is not well studied or documented. The extra functions of this organ get a little mystical and are little more than hearsay. It is said that the pineal gland is surrounded by a magnetic field that protects your perception from extra dimensional stimulus.

With control it is possible to "open" this field, allowing you to see and experience many things. Without control it is possible to force the field open, often resulting in permanent damage. You would have heard of this in the form of flash back syndrome due to heavy psychedelic drug use. It can also be caused by magnets.

Opening the third eye promises a world of amazing possibilities. In my mind there is no method for doing so that is solid or easy enough to seriously invest in. There is far too much mysticism involved.

Xanth

I'll just say this one thing... EVERYTHING is a metaphor.  EVERYTHING.

Positive3

Okey it's methaphor but as same time it's an acutal action no? so if someone can describe this action there is a meaning behind mehtaphor so i want to understand the meaning of Seeing,hearing e.t.c with third-eye

Xanth

Quote from: Positive3 on January 03, 2016, 04:54:41
Okey it's methaphor but as same time it's an acutal action no? so if someone can describe this action there is a meaning behind mehtaphor so i want to understand the meaning of Seeing,hearing e.t.c with third-eye
There are no actual actions.  There's nothing objective about you or this physical reality.

Take your hand and hold it up to your face... now stare at your hand.
Now, if I said that your experience of seeing your hand is a metaphor... would you understand what I meant? 

You're stuck (like most people are really...) thinking "physically".  People look at the world around them and think it's real... that it really objectively exists. 
As long as you're stuck in that paradigm, you'll have a really hard time with moving beyond it. 

The funny part is that, most people think that stuff like the "third eye" is some kind of spiritual things... but even thinking there's a "third eye" is still being stuck in the physical paradigm.

Lumaza

Quote from: Xanth on January 03, 2016, 23:36:09
The funny part is that, most people think that stuff like the "third eye" is some kind of spiritual things... but even thinking there's a "third eye" is still being stuck in the physical paradigm.
...and yet for countless decades mankind has produced some of the most incredible projections by focusing on it.

It's a "conundrum" of sorts. True it doesn't objectively exist, but focusing on it creates success. Once again, it comes to belief. If you think it will work it will, it will. But who knows for sure though, there might be more to it just than just belief. The same goes with using crystals, unique stones, other objects or even doing energy work. According to the scientific community none of those hold any credence. But then again the same science community says that astral projection doesn't either.

Last year the scientific community finally came to the realization that Lucid Dreaming does exist. But as usual they needed to see the "mechanics" or some kind of mechanic in the brain to make it possible, some kind of "objective" scientific proof.  Now they are working on how to "manipulate" it.  :roll:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/01/150123135112.htm

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Stillwater

QuoteIt isn't a metaphor. There is a physical organ inside the brain that has nerve connections with receptors in your eyes. Some older animals on this planet such as lizards still have a physical 3rd eye.

Yep, an actual physical thing:

We of course don't have this sun-sensing eye spot, and are thus left with the retinal tissue in our brains in the pineal center, with no corresponding eye; retinal tissue is the only kind that can produce optic nerve input. There are various theories about what this retinal tissue in the pineal may be doing today... some speculate that it may be what is spoken of when we say "mind's eye": that retinal tissue may actually be producing images of things we imagine, rather than perceive. Speculation though.

QuoteI'll just say this one thing... EVERYTHING is a metaphor.  EVERYTHING.

Yes, but I would provide more context. I think this is yet another language trap. In some sense yes, this entire physical reality is one giant stream of metaphors, but it is helpful to point out that this organ is not only a metaphor, but also a physical thing (so a second-degree metaphor  :roll:)

My own theory is that most of the major structures of the old Hindu "chakra" system represent physical structures too.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Xanth

Don't confuse the map for the territory.  :)

Rakkso

I've read through very intense throughfull energy work you can bring as your primary conscious focus the 3Dspace of the inner realms of counsciousness, or collective areas where experiences are most interactive, not sure of where woould Frank Kepple put this in his Focuses of Counsciousness.. If you read on the subject carefully it does sound like another method to bring focus to achieve projection or lucid dreaming, they don't seem much separeted from this, although some methods to achieve one state or the other could differ... just my two cents :-P

personalreality

It really doesn't matter.

Physical or not, the goal is learning how to "stimulate it". Maybe it's an energy point, maybe there are nerves connecting your forehead to your pineal, maybe all of that is garbage and it's just a really useful way to separate your perception of "sight" from your physical eyes (because the third eye point is so close to your actual eyes).

The point is, focusing on that spot (physically/energetically/metaphorically/whatever) is a tried and true method of dissociating from physical perception and sensing something else.

Your "third eye" isn't doing anything. You are doing something.

It's not the spoon that bends?
be awesome.

madmagus

I agree with your basic statement, Xanth.  But, it doesn't matter that it's a metaphor.  Every single word of every single language is a metaphor.  Humans don't appear, at the moment, to have any other choice for meaningful communication.  In other words, we are trapped using them.  To answer a question by saying it is a metaphor isn't answering the question.  Simply discuss the terrain and not the map as best you can.  So using the term 'third eye' is simply a convenient metaphor to relay a concept for discussion, in this case to clarify to the OP what 'third eye' is referring to.  And, Positive3, everyone has an opinion because there are no hard facts, i.e. objective correlations, as to the exact functionality of the metaphor.  So, Positive3, take your pick and go have fun with it.