tip for meditation for those struggling to quiet the mind

Previous topic - Next topic

MarsZM

hey everybody i just wanted to share this really fast... cuz sometimes i meditate so well and go into deep trance and it feels so good. other times i meditate and i can't stop thinking about life. relationships... goals... what im gonna do later that evening... imagining things... and it's really hard to quiet it.

i tried something earlier that helps a bit for me... and i hope it does you. you know those heart monitors? to measure heartbeat and you have a flatline if someone has dropped dead? it looks like this on the machine --------------------------- and the machine goes eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...... lol. and when it detects a heart beat you see all those squiggly lines. what they detect for arrhythmia and all of that...

try imagining a flatline in front of your field of view while you are meditating and keep it flatlining. if you have thoughts make it zigzag likes it is detecting a heartbeat but instead of a heartbeat make it your thoughts... and right when you start to think say no no go back to flatline..... where there is pure silence in your head.

it's just a  little visualization tool i tried and helped me a lot. keep that flatline in front of you until you want to let it go. use it as a tool.

i don't really like this a whole lot sometimes because the whole point of meditation is not to try to keep this in front of you and you want to "let go" instead.... but its great if your having a bad session and you really want to stop your thoughts. when your mind really relaxes and calms down you can drop the visualization but it sure did help me. im meditating everyday now and my goal is to become a full time medium so i am stepping up my practices a notch.

i hope this helps you.... and if you try it let me know how it worked for you. :)
-mars
John Kody, ere :) love from new york area

Nameless

Actually that doesn't sound bad at all and I think I will give it a go when my usual just isn't working. Just hope my visualization isn't TOO good when I try, LOL. I've flatlined before and aint ready to do it again any time soon.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Karxx Gxx

Hey, just want to say I have looked into what mediums say when it comes to how they started channeling. Being neutral is a key component to receive information without you interfering with them. Breathing helps tremendously to be neutral. Also they say grounding is too. And of course simply flowing in whatever direction.

Seems like cool thing to achieve! its just too much work for me to go completely silent. Ill simply become enlightened so I dont gotta deal with the struggle lol. GL!
Your way is The way