Told to stop practising Lucid Dreaming, in a dream

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdeadevil

Recently I've been thinking about stopping perusing my interest in Lucid Dreaming and Astral Projection because it's making my sleeping routine horrible, I've found myself waking up at 3:30pm or on a really unlucky day, 4:30pm. It's been causing distress and discomfort and is only making my days even more uneventful. All it takes is one little thought of "Should I try it now" to fail, forget, and fall asleep. I can't do it, not until I improve my chances by changing my physical environment anyway.

Anyway, I then had a dream this afternoon of my brother telling me I should stop trying to lucid dream because it's just screwing me around and not getting me anywhere. And I've always known him to give me good advice in the past that's useful, never for dreaming stuff though.

At the end of the day though I still want to master astral projection, I find my physical life meaningless and with no direction. Every problem I have with waking life comes to a full stop because the solution is too complicated, such as what to do about University or getting a job, or getting a social life in general. So these questions may be answered with the ability to astral project because a lot of other things supposedly stem from that such as peace and being more in-tune with psychic ability in general.

Though as I said to Szaxx on another thread I made (I think), as soon as I get a method under the belt for either lucid dreaming or astral projection, the symptoms and signs suddenly disappear until I least expect them to, and this just makes things even worse. But I suppose now I'm going on a tangent, basically, what should I do to fix this problem?

todd421757

Quote from: Jdeadevil on September 04, 2012, 22:15:13
Though as I said to Szaxx on another thread I made (I think), as soon as I get a method under the belt for either lucid dreaming or astral projection, the symptoms and signs suddenly disappear until I least expect them to, and this just makes things even worse. But I suppose now I'm going on a tangent, basically, what should I do to fix this problem?

Try using a different technique every time you practice to keep your mind from being desensitized by using the same technique. It is the same as antibiotics where a germ becomes a super germ which can't be controlled by an antibiotic that used to kill it. Then another antibiotic is used instead.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/66_astral_projection_techniques-t37808.0.html

Stookie_

I'd say listen to your dream and give it a break for a bit, or maybe just once or twice a week. It's obviously causing stress or it wouldn't rise up in your dream. It should improve your life, not make it frustrating. Maybe you just need a new approach like todd said.

Jdeadevil

Actually, in reply to both you guy's comments, I coincidentally had an out of body experience this morning. Once I sort the problem of astral blindness out and work out how to stay out, I should be fine!

Lionheart

Quote from: Stookie_ on September 05, 2012, 11:28:41
I'd say listen to your dream and give it a break for a bit, or maybe just once or twice a week. It's obviously causing stress or it wouldn't rise up in your dream. It should improve your life, not make it frustrating. Maybe you just need a new approach like todd said.
I side with Stookie on this too. It is "awakening" that brings us to this practice. We listened then and should also listen when we are told to stop for awhile. Sometimes "timeouts" are needed. I've had them and once I abided by my message and stopped for awhile, I noticed when I did start again it was at a whole new level.  :-)

Made O pHI

QuoteI'd say listen to your dream and give it a break for a bit, or maybe just once or twice a week. It's obviously causing stress or it wouldn't rise up in your dream. It should improve your life, not make it frustrating.
Agreed with Stookie and Lionheart.
When I found out about AP and OBE and LD I began practicing every day. I'll admit that I made progress all the time but then it came to a point where I just didn't even progress. Now I stopped the practice, I'll mediate every day or every other day. I still sometimes try to induce an OBE once in a blue moon, and when I try I always am successful. I'll say tho that after stopping all this tedious work the stress subsided and my life brought new things about. A job, college, just bought my own car on my own. It feels great. I'm not saying to stop, but if you feel it's the right things to do, then go with the feeling.

I dream every night and I wake up remembering these dreams, and they're always fun and something I like. I'd say this is enough of the Non physical for me, at least right now.

Good luck ! :-)
"Do not allow yourselves to be disheartened by any failure
as long as you have done your best."
~Mother Teresa