Try 'Scrying' technique for alt. phasing method.

Previous topic - Next topic

Gandalf

Over the past week or so I have been experimenting with traditional 'scrying' techniques as an alternative route to reach focus states equated to the astral world.

I became interested when I came across a few magical/new age sites which gave instructions and examples of scrying. Right away I saw how traditional 'scrying' is in fact another method of phasing but using an object to bring about the required mental state.

For those of you who don't know what 'scrying' is, basically it is using things like crystal balls, bowls of water, mirrors and other things which when concentrated on, reveal images and moving scenes either from the future or other locations or whatever else the viewer desires. The quality of these effects varies depending on the skill of the scryer, just as normal 'phasing' does.

I realised that what seems to be happening when a skilled practitioner gazes into the crystal ball is that they bring on what we call an 'overlay' experience where a sequence from one area of awareness mixes with another due to expanded consciousness. The overlay is perceived within the scrying device itself, or at least that is how it is perceived by the practitioner.
However, I noted with interest that many scryers report how the scenes can often *expand beyond the confines of the crystal to take up your entire field of vision* i.e. you enter the scene directly, which is of course what we refer to as the phasing process.

The classic idea that a skilled practitioner can view other scenes from physical reality via a crystal ball or other device, or can perceive scenes from potential future reality ('fortune telling' basically) is quite consistent with phasing and expanded awareness. Future scenes for example are probably scenes generated within what we call F2 of reality  but the accuracy of them, i.e. how close they are to predicting the likely outcome of present events, is really down to the skill and ability of the practitioner and their ability to perceive that aspect of wider reality.

I thought that perhaps people might want to try scrying as an alternative method for phasing; it is after all tried and tested down through the centuries. The Elizabethan astrologer and occultist Dr John Dee used a piece of black mirror as well as crystals; the Greeks and Romans used crystals, mirrors and bowls of water.

Use whatever you feel comfortable with. I have discovered a ready made 'crystal ball' which is actually the top of a brandy decanter!

Scryers advise a darkened room, perhaps only candle lit, as you don't really want any reflections in the glass to distract you.
You should practice gazing *through* the crystal rather than at it, interestingly, just as when you are attempting to phase by looking *through* images behind your closed eyelids, rather than *at them*.

Eventually you will notice the darkness begin to part, perhaps with a pinprick of light becoming visable and expanding to form images. The crystal may also become cloudy, clearing to reveal images.

As you become more adept you may find that the scenes expand beyond the confines of the device, which in effect means you have phased directly. Otherwise you can continue to view scenes within the crystal much in the same way as you can view scenes in an 'astral window' during the standard phasing process.

I have only just begun practicing this method myself over the past couple of days. The first day nothing happened but during the next day's session I did indeed notice the crystal becoming cloudy and a light began to form. However my excitement broke my concentration and that was that.

Scryers do say not to expect results right away but I was surprised at how easily I was able to get results. I want to continue this practice to see if I can achieve a full phasing result from it. I certainly find it easier than standard internal phasing methods. Perhaps others who are feeling stuck using the standard method might want to give the scrying method a go too.

It would be interesting if anyone else gets good results from this alternative phasing method.

All for now,
Doug
"It is to Scotland that we look for our idea of civilisation." -- Voltaire.

mactombs

QuoteScryers do say not to expect results right away but I was surprised at how easily I was able to get results. I want to continue this practice to see if I can achieve a full phasing result from it. I certainly find it easier than standard internal phasing methods. Perhaps others who are feeling stuck using the standard method might want to give the scrying method a go too.

I'm going to try this. I actually have a crystal ball (well, glass ball) from a crystal ball kit I bought at the local bookstore. I've never tried anything with it. I read the accompanying book, and you've done a good job with your post covering pretty much everything about scrying. :)

I never thought of relating what I read with phasing, though. I also agree that having this center of focus might be easier for some of us than the internal methods. It'll be interesting to see how this works out ...

I'll keep you posted.
A certain degree of neurosis is of inestimable value as a drive, especially to a psychologist - Sigmund Freud

Gandalf

Great!

I'll keep at it too and we can compare any results!

Doug

hypnotist1

Hi Gandalf,

I'm starting scrying also.  I've read a lot from Raymond Moody and his scrying techniques.  He uses Crystal balls and big mirrors also.

Here is his web site so you can read about him and get some ideas also the way I did.

Its very interesting!

http://www.mikepettigrew.com/afterlife/html/scrying.html

wizzle3

yea scrying does seem really interesting, although i would find it hard using a mirror when i think of it
my name's Ali G
and i have ESP
and i wanna project ASAP
so please believe, ali G is runnin on a higher density
and here's a quick rap for your eyes to see
and again i'm THE real Ali G so praize me (lolz)
______
18 year old male

taoita

Gandalf, thanks for your interesting post and explaining the link between scrying and phasing.  

You might find this useful:
http://www.djmcadam.com/mirrors.htm

Gandalf

Thanks for the links. Once again, I got some good results this time round but the light that forms does not solidify into detailed images, not yet at least. I'll keep trying.

Doug

shedt

I've tried this before, i called in open-eye meditation. i do something similar, looking through something, focusing less on pyhsical.. really interesting.

Gandalf

I would agree that this is another form of meditation or in Monroe terms, a form of focused attention. But somehow I'm finding this easier than focusing 'within' although of course I'm still doing that. It's psychological I suppose.

Doug

Souljah333

it's nice to have other topics to share my experience on, other than just attacks. :)

scrying is a wonderful, mystical art...well worth practicing!
i won't get preachy about methods or outcomes, but i will mention that crystal balls are a little more difficult for beginners. black mirrors or scrying pools are easier, and cheap! piece of clear glass with black spray paint on back, or india ink in a dish...or just a black bowl filled with water will work...and as gandolf said, there should be no reflection whatsoever. the room should be dark, with candles placed far enough to the sides not to be picked up on the surface. place mirrors flat on table, scrying from an angle.

all in all i would say that scrying is simpler than phasing (for the average person), but no different from any other esoteric art. practice/practice/practice! you have to be patient, focused, and relaxed. i think that's always the hard part for most people. the discipline involved.
once one can place themselves in that zone...it's truly amazing the places they can visit/conjure up & explore.

i'm looking forward to the outcomes here.
it's nice to balance out the regular route with some alternative paths.
we'll work on the ouija stigma later :wink:

soul
NEW (again) MYSTICMYSFITS.COM

emcshadow

Nice thread.

Another recommendation: Magical Tattwas by Mumford. A system for side-stepping our perceptual-lock on the physical using after-images, eye exercises that assist in belief retrainment and scrying.

Magic does bring in the discipline, and I think the value of Frank and Moen's approaches are that they bring in the calibration... how you know when you are closer or further from success -vs- do this for 1 year and you may start seeing results...

-emc

He does not need opium.  He has the gift of reverie.  ~Anais Nin

faxman

That's the book and set of cards that I have but I haven't been able to see something, despite long exercises.

Whatever, it's an excellent book, worth reading.

Gandalf

Has anyone had any decent results from this yet?

Doug

emcshadow

Yes. About a week into the phantom exercises, I found I could "click" into the dis-attenuated focus which created a "gap" where external perception could interface with overlays. But, I would also say, if it doesn't work for you in a week or two, hang it up and try something else that has more immediate effects :-) There is no one system that will work for everyone, imho.

-emc

Gandalf

Although I have found a standard crystal ball or similar device useful, I am wondering if anyone has experimented with 'black mirrors' (advocated by goetia practitioners) or bowls of water or other techniques? as I feel that I have hit the limit with the crystal and would like to try an alternative.

Doug

Leyla

Wow. Thanks for this information Gandalf. I am excited at what results I might obtain from this, knowing that it is the method nostradomous used in order to enter the future, and since I have already had my "time travel" experience I wonder what practice might bring me.

chohan

Greetings all.

Rather than use a commercial made 'crystal' ball which may contain defects (tiny air bubbles), you can make your own 'gazing glass' or 'black mirror' rather easily.

For those interested, I made one years ago during my CM phase and it turned out beautiful.

I had a local glass shop cut me a 7 inch diameter circle of plate glass which is 1/4 inch thick. I put 2 or 3 coats of FLAT(non-reflective) black spray paint on the back side of the glass.

While letting it dry I cut a piece of 1/2 inch thick plywood in the shape of a triangle 16 inches along each side. After sanding the edges, painting the wood white and then spraying it with a protective plastic(I think) coating I then mounted the mirror paint-side towards the wood with 3 of those little L-shaped plastic mounts like you sometimes see holding up mirrors in restrooms. They use one screw to mount into the wood. The little mounts were clear plastic so spraying them first with the flat black paint before using them cuts down on any distracting reflections or shiny points. Three mounts will hold the mirror securely.

The end result is like gazing into a round, deep, black hole set in the middle of a white triangle.

On a side note:

I stepped again through the gazing glass and encountered the Greaters.  I don't know what else to call them.  My friend, the single Greater who welcomed me, has a name, but also a sense of self that utterly defies the limitations implied by "name".  I call my friend Sowantha, only because that was the name I was told, not because I think I can somehow sum this entity up with a single word.  Sowantha is neither male nor female in any sense that I can perceive, yet there is an overall femaleness to the world of the Greaters...

http://www.abardoncompanion.com/Sowantha.html

It seems they can also be used as dimensional 'doorways' similiar to what Robert Bruce(I think it was RB) has experienced with 'entering into' paintings.

cheers,
cho

Draege

If I may offer a hypothesis, I think maybe I know why this works (or seems to work well). Some people lie down, or sit, and stare blankly into the distance or up at their ceiling with eyes open as a form of meditation. Ideally in darkness as well. As you relax your eyes and do that open eyed stare through-the-distance not really focusing on anything but very much alike to a day dream stare, you essentially start phasing when you focus on mind images. I think the greatest difficulty with normal phasing IS in fact closed eyes being uncomfortable. Thus with eyes open in a relaxed stare you can phase comfortably. However...... when staring straight out into the middle of a room or up into the ceiling there's alot of space for light/dust/wind to bother your eyes which ruins it.

This is where that scrying part comes into my hypothesis. Perhaps it isn't so much the importance of what you're using to scry with, but instead the different position you're using to stare with your eyes open. Instead of staring out into the distance where lots of things can aggrivate your eyes, you're staying downard at the floor, or perhaps straight forward but with very little space between you and the object which means there's an obstacle to reduce light/dust/wind straight into your eye. Basically rather than some scrying object being the unique cause of success, its just you happen to be doing something to reduce eye irratation and thus make the relaxed focus to phase with easier.

Example- when the sun is extremely bright, you stare at the ground.

Who knows...

Vvid1012

I agree Draege,
When I am meditating and get strong mental images, I can keep the image and open my eyes, as long as I hold the focus to the image.  However it is very hard to just ignore everything else you see, thus the image is faded quite significantly.  
Everyone has their way of connecting.  I discovered it one morning I was hungover( images are consistently strong for me in this hungover state--which is interesting) I threw my arm over my eyes to relax.... then I noticed my 3rd eye activity as the colors were unusually strong... alas I had intense 3d-imagery.  I guess where I am going with this is, try putting on a blindfold or covering your eyes with your arm or hands because the trick is keeping your eyes from going nuts.  damn REM!

Also take this for what it's worth...  I discovered that when I start to see colored shapes, I pretended as if it were really far away, and then the other shapes around it were in between me and the initial shape.. this gives a sense of an entire scene, which actually helps connect the 3d-imagery quite well for me..    AND I discovered that if once you see an abstract image... note it and leave it.  move on to the next image and do the same thing--note it and leave it.  This constant flow of imagery results in a very high focus of energy--usually the faintest colors start popping out and everything seems to flow smoothly together at that point--like a picture.  I sometimes achieve this by seeing a tunnel with the shapes and see myself going through the tunnel faster and faster...

I realize this all may be hard to grasp for many...it's not exactly easy to describe.  Anyways these points of info helped me.  I do believe this is SOME form of scrying---to get back on topic, lol

upstream

Also, google for the scientific paper about psychomanteum experiments.