tunnel of light and 'drowning' sensation

Previous topic - Next topic

Tisha

Interesting experience!

Before I run off (I'm at work now) I just wanted to drop you a line to let you know that when I come out of an OBE, or even just feel the vibrations, I feel as though I am floating back to the surface . . . as though I'd spent all this time under water.  I can breathe just fine though . . . what a strange sensation!  

But I'm used to it now.  I deal with it by letting all the stress leave my body; I call it "flopping."  I just flop.
As though I've got no muscles, nothing.  Then I just observe.  Sometimes it take several minutes for everything to get back to "normal."

Tisha

Novice

Thanks for the feedback. I think your description sounds like my experience as well. And after I stopped panicing and calmed own/surrendered, that's when the sensations appeared to go much faster. So at least I'm doing something 'right'!

Thanks again!!
Reality is what you perceive it to be.

Greytraveller

A most unusual experience indeed !
Tunnels are mentioned rather frequently by people who have had OBEs. As you may be aware tunnels are mentioned most often by people who have had Near Death Experiences. However, people who have OBEs also report tunnels as well.
Most often though people who OBE report portals or gates that usually go to another location or another dimension/plane.
My own belief is that tunnels and portals are both Stargates (variously called wormholes, Kerr Tunnels or Einstein-Rosen Bridges). These stargates connect different locations throughout our 4 dminesional space-time continuum and also lead to other, alternate universes. [:)]

bomohwkl

Oh well, as far as I know, the tunnel of light experience  by NDE is the way towards seeing and joing one's higher-self (who is our private interface with the great intellect) When arriving in your higer-self u will feel infinite joy and bliss (until u faint from that).However, such tunnel of light experience can also be achieved via OBE. Remember to aim at the brightest light in the end of the tunnel. Other things around the tunnel is less important than going inside the light. For morw information, go and see
www.thefreedomofchoice.com

Person

In Robert Bruce's book, there's two ways of seeing the astral, before you enter a specific realm.  One is like the cover of his book, where everything is a literal flat plane and you can enter any spot on it.  The other is a tunnel.  Much like you described, with exits all along the way, except I think his description was dark grey clouds instead of white.  The higher in the tunnel, the higher in vibration of course.  You might of hit a plateau where your vibrations couldnt match what was above it.  Or, your friend may have been in control the whole time.  Maybe when your body was forcing you 'down' from such a high plane, and you resisted, it felt like someone was pulling you down and the closest association to it would be drowning.
-Person

Novice

Person - I really like what you described about vibrations being a factor. That actually makes a lot of sense to me. Thank you very much!
Reality is what you perceive it to be.