News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

"Ultimate Journeys"

Previous topic - Next topic

lateralus897

I enjoyed the book thoroughly, and got very much from it. I actually found all that "belief system rhetoric" very interesting and valuable. He systematically proved to me what I had not know for sure before. If you don't like what you're reading so far, you probably won't enjoy the rest. It's all just his accounts of the evolution of himself. I however, found it as a source of inspiration.

Nick

silva,

I've read all of his books. With respect to the last two you might want to start out with Far Journeys (his second book). The last two books are the ones where Monroe sets out his major astral developments since the earlier first book. Of the last two, try reading Far Journeys first. Then, you can give Ultimate Journey another try.

Both of the books do delve into his experiences in the astral and can be a bit difficult to digest at first. If you are having a hard time with the last book, give the second book a try. If that seems too abstract, set them aside for a while then try again down the road. Sometimes that works.

Very best,
"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Helmut

Hi silva,

its heavy stuff, if you read UJ first.To follow Monroes line of developement,I strongly recomend you read JOOB and FJ first. Unless you have a profond experience in astral projection, you will not gain much if you jump into UJ. UJ is his later work, his quintenssence and if you didnt follow his line of struggle you cannot value the great progress and synthesis he made in this book.
If you want go deeper into the subject, his monography Catapult is a great reading. Lots of background information, to get a better understanding of his philosophy and work.
For me he was the first one to use plain and modern language in a field that was often filled with cryptic and abstract metaphors, or religious beliefs that more often than not totally miss  the point.
Have a good read
Helmut

Adrian

Greetings,

The entire trilogy of Robert Monroe's works are extremely valuable assets to the progress of Astral projection and higher consciousness. UJ is excellent, and I think really crowns his achievments with his previous works and is very well written. As has already been pointed out, his books in general, have been written based on his lifetime work and experience in a modern age, and accordingly a much wider audience can relate to the desciptions and terminology he uses. His writing style does take some getting used to, and is often heavily based around TMI - a fact that comes across very strongly in FJ in particular.

I think one of the single most important messages that comes across in FJ in particular is his method of achieving Astral projection or "phasing". Despite the emphasis on TMI and its work, Robert Monroe himself does not appear to use the TMI methods in his own Astral experiences. He rather uses methods similar to those that Frank has so kindly and extensively shares with us here - notably waking up early in the morning in a relaxed state, and phasing to the Astral.

There is a definite lesson to be learned. We know that deep physical relaxation and the mind awake body asleep states both are fundamental and pivotal to Astral projection generally, and there seems little doubt that waking early morning, maintaining the natural relaxed state, and phasing when the mind is awake is a very powerful method. Indeed - of all of the modern methods of Astral projection that I have ever read, the waking early method seems to be regarded as the most effective by many people, and there are various variations including focussing on the brow chakra, and also arising for 20 minutes, and then going back to bed for another sleep cycle - although this appears to result more in Lucid Dreams. Having said that - a lucid dream can be converted into full Astral projection.

Once we get our Astral locale project moving forward, I suspect most strongly that we can use the "early morning method" in conjunction with the locale imagery very effectively.

With best regards,

Adrian.
https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

silva

Right after typing my original topic I sat down and finished the rest of the book.

Nick and helmut were right in suggesting I should have read the other two first.  I realized he didnt go into as much detail on how he started and beginning encounters he had in this book (which makes sense).  This was the only book the store had and I wanted to read something of his.

I was hard on it initially because I wanted to read more about experiences and encounters and not so much about what he learned from all of them.  However, I liked the book alot once I had finished it.  I enjoyed reading of his meetings with people who had died as well as his desire to "go home".  I found the part about his wife very touching.

Are there people here who  use his tapes to try to help people who have died go to where they need to go?  I find this idea fascinating.  The book turned out to be very touching.  I want to read the other two now and I do wish I had read them first.

Should i read journey's out of body first?  Was that his very first book?

Thanks again for your replies and suggestions.

Nick

silva,

Journeys Out of the Body was originally published in 1971. It is a book I first read back in the mid-80's and I heartily recommend it. You will find it a more straightforward read than the later two books. However, it is the later two books Far Journeys 1985, and Ultimate Journey 1994, where Monroe explains where his further explorations have taken him.

There is at least one person I know of at this forum who tries to help people who have transitioned. That form of service is known as "retrievals". Take a look at the posts by Ginny under the Astral Consciousness forum with respect to her retrieval work.

You can also take a look at Bruce Moen's website for more information on retrievals at the following link:
http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/

Very best,

"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

sweet_celestial_sounds

Hey all.

I'm just writing in support of Monroe's books. They're great I say, and I think highly of Monroe.

The most pertinent aspect of Ultimate Journey to me now is the reality of the he/she. We can all grow to be that evolvoed and 'high,' to be immortal. It's so interesting.

Take care.

silva

Im more than halfway finished with Monroes book UJ and I find it confusing.  Not only confusing but much if it is filled with unnecessary belief system rhetoric.  Are his other books any good?  So far I'm not impressed with his writing in this particular book.  The part where he is helping people realize they're dead is the only interesting thing i've read so far in the book.

Anyone else not able to get through his books easily and without annoyance?  Maybe I am just being hard on it and need to finish the whole book.  All this "I there" "I here" and explanation of the purpose of everything clouds the book and makes it difficult to read.

Maybe this just isnt his best book?