News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Very important request

Previous topic - Next topic

DaneClark

https://www.dreamviews.com/lucid-aids/162202-muse-headband-second-look-maybe-its-actually-pretty-good.html

In this thread, you can see that someone was working on trying develop a lucid dreaming app that would work with Muse headbands.  They seem to have abandoned the project, but it would be really great if someone could make this app if they could just in case no one else on that forum can.  I desperately need to project as part of a spiritual healing process I'm going through, and using EEG to induce it seems like it would be the only thing that would work for me.

Karxx Gxx

Gotta let go of limiting beliefs like that.
You one day want to be independent of devices that aid you, and EVERYONE has the capability of lucid dreaming.
Simply reality testing ( I like the 'hold your nose closed and mouth shut and breath. If you breath air, you are dreaming) - id set a clock of sorts to remind you to reality test. Or do it after a certain event. such as each time you brush your teeth, do it. Or each time you get done talking to someone, do it.
AND ESPECIALLY do it RIGHT when you wake up. Sooooooo many times I would wake up from a (lucid) dream into another dream and think its real life.
And writing your dreams down each time is the main things everyone uses to achieve lucid dreams.  (practicing being aware also helps.)
Your way is The way

EscapeVelocity

Why do you need to project as part of a healing process?

If you need healing you can ask for it within a meditative state, from your higher self or others; you can also request it here, I'm sure a few or more would send energy; you could also email The Monroe Institute for some DEC healing. That's just a few suggestions.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Phildan1

Maybe I'm alone being confused about the original post. I think laziness is everywhere and don't take this as a personal debate. Apps? Our century is pretty silly. Did Egyptians have apps or other civilizations for any practices? Maybe some rituals.

LD? People, I know it is hard to understand and we need many experiences to convince ourselves with this magical intent thing but fall asleep with an intent to be aware or conscious. Do anybody read back posts about LD's and how to achieve them are "what" are they? Eliminate mind noise (music or with anything which captures your attention) then if you are enough sleepy and empty minded, fall asleep with that intent or aim. If not the first time, then the 10th time you will be much more aware.

Healing? You can do it by yourself or ask guidance. Other people can't interfere with your personal free will.
Visit my blog site: http://daily-spirit.com

SCHMUSTIN

Quote from: DaneClark on March 09, 2019, 23:37:19
I desperately need to project as part of a spiritual healing process I'm going through, and using EEG to induce it seems like it would be the only thing that would work for me.

As you state above...."and using EEG to induce it seems like it would be the only thing that would work for me."

You are 100% correct. This "IS" the only thing that will work for you! But Only because you believe/think it.
But ONLY because YOU "THINK" that!!! And because YOU "think" that nothing ells will work.

Forget Who I am Quoting here:
"Weather YOU think you CAN, or YOU think you CAN'T... You are ALWAYS RIGHT!!!! Its YOUR thinking, that makes it so!

Thoughts are power.... Thoughts are EVERYTHING!

Xanth

Quote from: DaneClark on March 09, 2019, 23:37:19
I desperately need to project as part of a spiritual healing process I'm going through, and using EEG to induce it seems like it would be the only thing that would work for me.
Where did you hear that you MUST project in order to begin any spiritual healing process?
In actuality, the best place to begin such a journey is *PHYSICALLY*... here, in this physical reality.
That's kind of the entire reason why you're here in the first place.

You DO NOT have to project to help yourself.
You *DO*, however, have to put one foot in front of the other ON YOUR OWN in that journey to actually help yourself. :)
You need to do the heavy lifting of your own spiritual healing... no app will ever help with that.

Phildan1

I tend to blame all of those nonsense books and vids about this and about what you "need" to do to achieve this and that. Everybody want their share. People are totally confused and got caught up on these. Very frustrating. Starting with that nonsense force "open the third eye" fashion these days, it is loaded on other forums and sites. Then people are freaked out from not knowing a thing. Newbies are misled and starting to get 'informations" from Youtube, Reddit, Quora and others. People are sharing these parroted beliefs and even if they work, it is a little bit (or highly) self-fulfilling thing. Well we all do it I guess.

We live in the age of "I want it now" lol. Each of us does it.

Xanth

The worst part about the "I want it now" thing is that people are willing to listen to just about anyone or anything...
You 100% nailed it, Phildan.

DaneClark

Ok, I am absolutely certain that in order to project I need to entrain myself to a very precise brainstate.  It's a brainstate where I'm trying to quiet down my brain as quietly as possible while using as little metacognition as possible.  It is very difficult to do this without a muse app that makes some kind of noise when I'm doing it correctly.  Programming this app should be very easy for anyone who knows how and it's rather frustrating when you know something can be done but have a hard time finding someone who will actually do it for you.

Xanth

Quote from: DaneClark on April 13, 2019, 15:08:03
Ok, I am absolutely certain that in order to project I need to entrain myself to a very precise brainstate.
BZZZZZZT  ;)  Wrong.

QuoteIt's a brainstate where I'm trying to quiet down my brain as quietly as possible while using as little metacognition as possible.  It is very difficult to do this without a muse app that makes some kind of noise when I'm doing it correctly.  Programming this app should be very easy for anyone who knows how and it's rather frustrating when you know something can be done but have a hard time finding someone who will actually do it for you.
Stop analyzing.  Just do it.

DaneClark

I keep getting talked down to here whenever I try to explain things like the fact that I'm naturally resistant to supernatural experiences, or that I'm too aware of my own consciousness for my brain to tune into the very precise frequency that feels like it might work for me.  When I'm meditating I can feel brief glimpses of a state that does almost feel like I'm floating out of my body and it happens spontaneously without even having to manually use an exit method, but my resistance to supernatural experiences and overawareness of my consciousness is preventing me from being able to exit right away - I really need help figuring out how to get around these things, and I need people to trust me when I say that I can't just get rid of these problems by being patient and stuff.

baro-san

Quote from: DaneClark on April 20, 2019, 18:56:01
I keep getting talked down to here whenever I try to explain things like the fact that I'm naturally resistant to supernatural experiences, or that I'm too aware of my own consciousness for my brain to tune into the very precise frequency that feels like it might work for me.  When I'm meditating I can feel brief glimpses of a state that does almost feel like I'm floating out of my body and it happens spontaneously without even having to manually use an exit method, but my resistance to supernatural experiences and overawareness of my consciousness is preventing me from being able to exit right away - I really need help figuring out how to get around these things, and I need people to trust me when I say that I can't just get rid of these problems by being patient and stuff.

I suggest the book "How to Master Self-Hypnosis in a Weekend" by Rick Smith. If you can't get the book, you can still use the author's online downloads that will prepare you for self-hypnosis, from http://www.zonehypnosis.com/downloads (you'll get the links by email).
---
"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, but to weigh and consider."
- Sir Francis Bacon

Phildan1

Quote from: DaneClark on April 20, 2019, 18:56:01
Maybe this helps. Whenever I start to be too much aware in the NP, the "time is ticking" and I start to rush many times to keep myself there no matter what. I guess this problem exists everywhere as we tend to analyze things and it will prevent the process to keep on going (whatever it is or was). For example, you tend to stop focusing in the NP, you will phase back to the physical. I guess this is an automatic thing to just get back here naturally. Everything goes fine until you start to analyze everything there and you gain so much awareness that you ruin all. This takes practice and passivity. Mostly emotional passivity. It is like you are holding back your breathe and stop thinking thing.