Very simple and effective - Mind Hum

Previous topic - Next topic

Kezz

Deep trance/obe/meditative inducing technique.

Mind hum:
      This is a really simple one that I find the most effective for both achieving vibrations as well as triggering calm thoughts in difficult circumstances.
Start out simply by humming one long tone. This tone is totally personal and needs no further instruction.
Then play that hum back through your memory as though you were actually doing it. That is, do the exact same thing as before but keep it in your mind.
Now its only a matter of making your mind hum constant (you don't need to stop the hum to take a breath obviously!!!) and get into a nice meditative position (I lie on my back with my head slightly to one side) and keep the humming going on in your head while concentrating on the darkness and on relaxing. Mind humming is a great way to keep your conscious - conscious as it requires conscious thought to perform, but not too much that it makes floating away impossible.
After a couple of mornings doing the Mind hum you may find that if – during the day you feel a little stressed out, just do a little mind humming - one long relaxing tone. You may even find you are able to hold a conversation while keeping the humming going in the background of your thoughts.

Cheers!
   Kezz

Legend

This is interresting.  Anyone else have tried this?  Maybe there's a link between energy work and what you describe here.  At least I feel similar effects.  Maybe you've just invented a new form to stimulate the energy body.  Bruce introduced tactile imaging,  What about sonar imaging? =)

Quote from: KezzDeep trance/obe/meditative inducing technique.

Mind hum:
      This is a really simple one that I find the most effective for both achieving vibrations as well as triggering calm thoughts in difficult circumstances.
Start out simply by humming one long tone. This tone is totally personal and needs no further instruction.
Then play that hum back through your memory as though you were actually doing it. That is, do the exact same thing as before but keep it in your mind.
Now its only a matter of making your mind hum constant (you don't need to stop the hum to take a breath obviously!!!) and get into a nice meditative position (I lie on my back with my head slightly to one side) and keep the humming going on in your head while concentrating on the darkness and on relaxing. Mind humming is a great way to keep your conscious - conscious as it requires conscious thought to perform, but not too much that it makes floating away impossible.
After a couple of mornings doing the Mind hum you may find that if – during the day you feel a little stressed out, just do a little mind humming - one long relaxing tone. You may even find you are able to hold a conversation while keeping the humming going in the background of your thoughts.

Cheers!
   Kezz
)_

astral man

I am going to try the mind hum tonight, and see if it helps me get the vibrations, thank you for the method
"People only see what they are prepared to see."

Mattoid

paker7

Hi Kezz

This is a very effective method.

Quote from: Kezzand keep the humming going on in your head while concentrating on the darkness and on relaxing

Your method is similar to the excellent Triangle Method.

Commoners believe - winners KNOW !

Naiad780

astral man

Hey thanks sooo much for the post on the mind hum method, I tried it last night and it worked!!!! I got the vibrations within a few seconds of continuing the hum in my mind. Although the vibrations were only mild, I fell that if i practice the mind hum more, they will grow stronger

Once again thanks!!! :D  :D  :D

Kezz

No probs! - I personally find it really hard to have an OBE. The mind hum is really effective for reaching what has been described as "3d darkness". Its this weird spacey feeling which I find quite satisfactory even If I never reach the vibration stage. Another point is that humming while drifting into a dream can cause you to keep awareness enough to realise your dreaming.

Ps. Mind hum came from feeling like a jackass while doing a classical vocal hum (eg: stereo-typical monk type meditation) – I decided to stop annoying people and just started to imagine humming instead.  :D

astral man

kezz what technique do you use to separate from the physical body??

AntiGravity

Very cool. Im going to have to give this a try sometime. Thanks for the method Kezz!

Kezz

Hey Astral man!

Once you are in the proper state, leaving the body is quite simple. Getting to that stage is the problem!!!!! There are people that say they have methods for leaving the body – that's crap, they have TECHNIQUES. A method is a recipe, but to leave the body all you need is to be right in the zone and that's the task (passed total relaxation, 3d-blackness, vibrations, etc).
LOL – sorry about the crap response but that's just the way it is. Once you really get into the sate you probably wont need any method at all!! –

Check out what Omega has to say and especially Adrian's post http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5205

Cheers!!!!

laiana

Oh man its quite funny you posted this, as I'd just worked this out myself the other day!!  

I have SUCH a hard time trying to quieten the mind, that I decided instead to concerntrate on a "mind hum" which then blocks out the natter and gives me something to concentrate on.

It does work!

karnautrahl

I also discovered this trick myself this morning by accident. I woke up, wanted to sleep again, tried some detailed beginner NEW exercises, started drifting and felt heavy and paralysed. I realised I could end up in a projectable state. I knew I'd get too interested and worked up-I've NEVER had any success after years of off and on trying.  So to prevent it, I remembered the only meditation trick that totals my mind. The overwhelming "Om" trick. Single syllable made mentally loud and all consuming. it worked. I can recall what it feels like to hold the state, Now I have to try to repeat :-).
May your [insert choice of deity/higher power etc here] guide you and not deceive you!