News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Vibrations Question

Previous topic - Next topic

TeenageWitch22

Hi, I am new here but not new to this concept. I had intense vibrations 3 or 4 times about a year ago, and I could have separated but got scared to move and didn't separate. Since then I have not been able to get vibrations, and it makes me wonder: what is the most reliable way to get vibrations?

I think one trick that can help that I've learned is when your body is really relaxed (paralyzed) to cross your eyes and look up into your skull. You should hear a dark, pulsating vibrating sound and a tingle in your spine. Sometimes this helps me to "jump start" the vibrations like a key to a car. You can even try it now when you are fully awake and you will see what i am saying.

Anyways, despite what I've said, I haven't had much luck consistently getting vibrations. Any advice?

Szaxx

Hi TeenageWitch22, welcome to the Pulse.

They are only a milestone, some of us here don't get them. They are not really necessary and if you stop trying because they are not present you may be preventing your progress.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Astralsuzy

I blame the ap books as a lot of people think you have to have sensations/vibrations to ap.   It is false.   I ap many times without any vibrations.  Perhaps that is where you are going wrong.   You are too focused on trying to get vibrations and it is preventing you from aping.  Let what ever happens, happen without trying to make it happen.

TeenageWitch22

Thanks for the quick replies guys. So far I'm tryin not to rush things but the reason I was curious is because I've gotten vibrations before but they seem so elusive. I'll make sure to take my time with this

soarin12

When I first started a always got vibrations.  I'm going to estimate that I got them only maybe my first 7 ot 8 times projecting.  I have never had them since.  Kind of miss them a little. :)  Now my main sign that projection is coming is a loud roaring or whining sound in my ears.

CFTraveler

Quote from: TeenageWitch22 on September 18, 2013, 09:46:05
Thanks for the quick replies guys. So far I'm tryin not to rush things but the reason I was curious is because I've gotten vibrations before but they seem so elusive. I'll make sure to take my time with this
Vibrations can change, especially with practice.  That's why they can be signposts and then it turns out that they are no longer reliable.  Instead of trying to get them, try to deepen your trance state, and if you get symptoms, great.  Other symptoms to add to the list of possibles is: Feeling of movement, energetic sensations (strong) noises, and visuals, ranging from seeing through the eyelids to seeing fleeting images unrelated to your surroundings.  They are not set in stone, and even if you figure out a reliable symptom to follow, chances are it'll change with time and practice.
Why?

TeenageWitch22

yeah, thanks for the replies guys. One thing I found that helps last night is to command your mind to wake you up after an hour. Then you will wake up and for me at least my body was half vibrating when I woke up (too bad my roomate woke up) will give this some insight.

embrace

Vibrations are linked to hypnagogic state & sleep parlaysis, not to astral projection directly.

From wikipedia:

QuoteThe paralysis itself is frequently accompanied by additional phenomena. Typical examples include a feeling of being crushed or suffocated, electric "tingles" or "vibrations"

As others have said, you don't have to enter vibrational state in order to successfully astral project. Instead, focus on achieving "mind awake & body asleep" state.

Szaxx

There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Contenteo

Nice post embrace.

The vibes are nice to know that some phenomenon exists. They are quite exhilarating. Honestly, whenever I get them I enjoy them so much I snap myself out of the Phase attempt.  :-P I think you'll see the cleanest phases do not have any vibes at all.
So, Enjoy them and get to know the many facets of that first "f10 landing pad"area. With time you'll be able to summon them on cue, even in day to day waking activities.

Cheers,
Contenteo

TeenageWitch22

yeah last night I became lucid in a dream where I was vibrating and tried to separate my legs.... Cool stuff. No success though, will have to try again.