Waking Paralysis or just stressed out - pls help.

Previous topic - Next topic

Qui-Gon Jinn

Sounds like a classic sleep paralyzis (sp?) - perfectly unharmful... =)
 The nature of these paralyzises, as I understand it, is that your mind simply wakes up during sleep, while your body remains - asleep, meaning you don´t have control of you body, it feeling paralyzed...  simple and unharmful as that...  can feel very frightening if you don´t know what has happened to you, but can also be quite pleasant I reckon´ if you just relax and simply let it pass, and don´t worry about not breathing, you are !!
Next time this happens, just relax your mind and let it pass, you may try to fall asleep as this is what your physical body is doing already - the more you struggle, the more unpleasant the experience will be, so again, just relax and know that this is actually perfectly normal and rather commonl.
  Oh and by the way, if you desire to project, this state is very, very helpful to project from, considering the first important step to projecting - body asleep - is already met...  and since you just awoke, if you do not panic - the second vital step to projecting,  a clear surface mind, will be easily met...  then "all" you gotta do is to trigger the projecting "reflex" through exteriorising body awareness by using a "projection technique" (you know any such techniques? you can learn quite a few in the book "Astral Dynamics" by Robert Bruce)

Again, if you don´t wanna project and just want this paralyzis to end, simply relax and let it...  

Be well cider, all the best //Rikard

- Your focus determines your reality -

bindi

Cider,
EXACTLY the same thing happened to me a couple of years ago and I freaked!!!
It wasn't until I found this site about twelve months ago that I read about it and discovered what t it actually was, and was quite normal.
It has since happened quite a few more times, I have found that it happens if you wake up to quick, get jolted awake, your mind is awake but your body and astral body arn't alligned properly so you can't move. The worst thing you can do is panick....the best thing I have found is to just relax and go back to sleep.
I actually induced it the other night trying to OBE, I felt myself begin to leave my body, when someone said 'HI" which gave me such a fright that I woke up and tried to roll over and see who was there, only to find that I was paralysed.....I just relaxed and it passed....no-one was there, so I ruied my 1st sucessful OBE!!!!.
Good Luck!
C'est la vie.

alpha

If it really is scaring you that badly,you may be able to avoid the whole ordeal.Whenever you wake up wait a bit before you move.This will give time for your body to notice your mind is awake.
                                                                                                      ALPHA

-------------------------------
"your divine awareness awakens all the love in your being.Hating and  fearing forsaken,gone are the guilt and the blame.Your soul forgives,your divinity lives"
-------------------------------

cider

Hope someone can explain what's been happening to me over a number of years.  I " wake " up and I can't move or breathe.  I feel like I've got a great weight on me.  I know that if I move onto my side I'll be able to jolt myself awake properly and breathe but it seems to take ages and I then start to panic.  I've tried to call out to my husband but nothing happens.  Am I trying to leave my body or could I be having a panic attack?  I'm looking forward to hearing from anyone who might be able to help as it's freaking me out.
Many thanks