News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Warcraft, AP killer? :D

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattoid

Could playing stupid amounts of world of warcraft be destroying my chances of projecting?  :wink:

Since the new expansion i've been playing a little too much (to say the least) hehe. Whenever i try my usual routine of relaxation, i'm greeted with the vomit of a decluttering mind, battles, sound effects ect ect. Since the WoW binge i'm yet to experience a single projection or any of the things associated with them (well i did feel minor vibrations, but that's about it)

Think i need to cut down on my game time? Or are my recent failings a seperate issue?

astral traveler

the visual and audible images will clutter your mind.  not good for concentration on higher things or emptying your mind.
~~ Astral Traveler ~~

Starvingpercussionist

You probably should stop playing at least a few hours before you attempt any AP.
THE ANSWER PARADOX
The answer to all paradoxes shows this: "Reality contains logic therefore logic cannot contain reality."
The paradox here is "how can one know this is true?".

If the answer to one paradox is another then the question is the answer.

+Explorer+

W.O.W. would actually help you with your creativity in the astral realm. You can use their weapons or shapeshift into a w.o.w. monster lol. But yeah it wouldn't be good to attempt AP after playing w.o.w. because it would be stuck in my mind and keep me from concentrating on OBE.

astral traveler

it's generally not a good idea to perpetuate violent images during astral projection.
~~ Astral Traveler ~~

Starvingpercussionist

WOW's not terribly violent. I would think that the electronic stimulation itself would be more damaging to concentration than the content.
THE ANSWER PARADOX
The answer to all paradoxes shows this: "Reality contains logic therefore logic cannot contain reality."
The paradox here is "how can one know this is true?".

If the answer to one paradox is another then the question is the answer.

astral traveler

Quote from: Starvingpercussionist on November 28, 2008, 19:04:25
WOW's not terribly violent. I would think that the electronic stimulation itself would be more damaging to concentration than the content.
i'm not sure.  i haven't played it.  i used to play neverwinter nights, so i assumed that it was the same.
~~ Astral Traveler ~~

OBEvanCHERNOBIL

iNNERvOYAGER

I play the one of the other addictive games, EVE online. It's like a very complex puzzle with the realtime human element added in, so I guess it's good in moderation.

The game play had a direct influence on several experiences where I floated up to my window, went through to outside, then the weirdest thing when flying was that I was maneuvering, banking and flying just like the spacecraft in the game.

I was actually surprised by the restrictive game like flying where having to bank to slowly change direction.

This obviously reduced the credibility of my believing that this was AP and not just pure lucid dream.

I seem to have gotten over the effect, and my last good flying experience was more superman like at great speeds.

Stookie

He he, midnight club has me driving like a madman in my dreams all night!

Principle

WoW is a game that requires many hours of repetitive game play. Although, It is very addicting, I would recommend resting for at least a day from it before attempting any sort of astral projection. Not to mention, since this game is so addicting I wouldn't be surprised if you've also lost countless hours of sleep, lmao.