News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

what am I doing wrong

Previous topic - Next topic

Ofcoarse I havent tried the waking up and going back to bed method yet but I should still be able to do it when i first go to bed right? I can get that warm tingly numb feeling over and over while in my minds eye see myself across the room yet nothing happens.

nickspry

When you first go to sleep at night, your mind is preparing to enter a deep sleep phase. Deep sleep is much more predominant in the first 3 or 4 hours, and is the worst time to attempt projection. It's possible you will succeed, but it's much more unlikely. At the start of the night, deep sleep phases are long, and REM (dreaming) sleep phases are short. As the night progresses, REM phases become longer and stronger, and deep sleep phases get shorter. This is why you often have your strongest, most vivid dreams just before you wake in the morning. To project successfully you need to be entering into REM sleep, as you maintain your awareness.
Whatever method you use, I would always combine it with the sleep/wake/back to sleep method because it makes all methods much more effective.

Hope this helps.

Cool I have one more question, do I think of a time period or place before entering the AP or once I get in the AP think where I wanna go? or both? also if I go to another time would I see history how it really happened or would I see what I want it to be.

Dark Snake

Quote from: 2432615184 on December 27, 2008, 21:16:08
Cool I have one more question, do I think of a time period or place before entering the AP or once I get in the AP think where I wanna go? or both? also if I go to another time would I see history how it really happened or would I see what I want it to be.

Considering a time frame to astral project in is a good means to start, however, bear in mind that while choosing a time,
it needs to be a time where you are not hampered or distracted by noises and when not fully awake but not tired either.

You can consider a time or place before or during AP, sometimes a best suggestion is thinking of a place that is most befitting to you and considering it like you are in it
(what you'd hear, what do you see, etc...) so when you are in a trance you are focusing only on what you want.

So will I be able to watch what my family is doing elsewhere while in the astral plane and they wouldnt see me right?

Dark Snake

I don't know.

There are many factors that are involved in that, such as:

Time - What time are you expecting to meet your family [together] at
Control - Do you actually influence where you are going or are you spaghetti-AP, that is, when you think of a location another idea comes into your mind and go jump to that... etc.
Energy - Are you adapted enough to expend that energy to stay in that area

and others such as psychic abilities of your family etc...

Everyone has psychic abilities their ability to use these differs though.

Like if my family was in the living room, and I exit my body in my room shouldnt I be able to go in the living room and see everyday activity ?

Stookie

You would think, but that's not always the case. If your attention isn't completely centered in the etheric (f10) and seeps into the astral (f12), it can create discrepancies/reality fluctuations.

It's more than possible though. Concentration and learning to focus awareness is a part of the process.