News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

What do I do???

Previous topic - Next topic

Major Tom

jilola

I second MajorTom. Keep at it. The more experience of the situation you get the less frightening it becomes.
In my experience this is something you can't reason away. You just have to keep pushing the boundary until you subconsciously realize there's nothing to fear.
Keep at it [8D]

2cents & L&L
Jouni

G3MM4

Well, this is the second time this has happened to me - I start to vibrate when I'm awake. I think I panic because I'm worried about what I might "see".
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience. - Dr. Wayne  W. Dyer

Please visit Astral Planet.

jilola

quote:
I think I panic because I'm worried about what I might "see".

There's the thing. You're making it up at the moment.
That's not to say there aren't frightening experiences but anticipating them only makes it worse for you.
The astral gives you what you take wth you.

Try to stay detached from your feelings of fear and apprehension. Just observe them as long as you can bear and then later try to find exactly what it was that you were scared of. Most of the time you'll keep returning to "what if I see this?", "What if that happens?" etc.

Exhaust every possible scenario that worries you. Think about how athletes train mentally and rememeber that AP is ALL mental.

2cents & L&L
Jouni

G3MM4

I see what you mean. I guess it comes from way back in my childhood. I used to be terrified of seeing ghosts and the like. I've seen a few (spirits) since then and now I'm kind of desensitized to it. But ever since I read that topic about not fearing OBEs, it made me realise that there are things out there that sound like they would give me a heart attack, and my old fear has resurfaced. I don't know how to disassociate myself from this fear. A more specific explanation on how to do that would be helpful.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience. - Dr. Wayne  W. Dyer

jilola

A technique of detachment from the feelings? Hmmm... Paah, I'm not much of a technique guy but try the following:

Have you ever stood on a ledge or been about to do something that you felt a bit afraid to do and then did anyway? You need to find a way to observe your feelings and their causes and distunguish between feelings caused by your expectations and what the current reality is.
In other words, you need to catch yourself creating causes to fear.

It's easier to do than to explain. Think of the willies as stage fright and you'l make the connection between experience and lessening of the fear.

2cents & L&L
Jouni

G3MM4

Sounds rather complicated! LOL

Wouldn't it help if I were to focus on a person, place or something that I'm not afraid of? Would that help?

A cyber-buddy obtained some very low sound frequencies that's meant to help induce the state that you need to be in, in order to AP. Has anyone ever tried this?

jilola

A positive focus  would probably help.
The thing is to get your conscious mind off pondering what may happen and into having a positive expetation of the process.

Experiment.

2cents & L&L
Jouni

G3MM4

The problem is that I don't get to be in the necessary state in order to AP, so everytime I feel the vibrations start, and I hold back, it's a wasted golden opportunity for me. I will try having a positive focus next time.

BTW, has anyone ever tried using low sound frequencies to induce AP/OBEs?

jilola

Do a search for Hemisync on these forums.
Also another search on phasing might do you good.

Don't force the AP. You're better off in your body dealing with the expectation of fearful things thsn in the astral doing the same.
It will come in time. Be patient.
You're well on your way since you're having the pre-exit sensations  going already.

2cents & L&L
Jouni

G3MM4

I've looked at hemisync and phasing. I understood the hemisync topics but I'm still not clear about the phasing topics. But thanks for the search tip. I don't actually force myself to try and AP, the vibrations seem to happen randomly, when I've just woken up usually.

thelou

Hey G3MM4,

I don't mean to sound like a smart butt here but I have a possible solution from you.  I read it somewhere, but where, let me see.....

"Instead of asking "why me", ask "why not me"?"

Seriously, use this and your fears will be over come.  Why not you having a good OBE?[:D]

I agree with jilola about standing on a ledge or finding some other way to over come your fears.  It is like the first time I went to the pool as a kid and decided to jump off the high dive.  I saw some other kid get up there and got so scared that they climbed back down the stairs instead of jumping.  I thought what could be so scary as that?

Then I climbed up there and was scared half to death.  I thought about climbing back down myself.  But I was more afraid of the humiliation.[V]  But I knew the longer I stood there the more afraid I would be.

Like you said, you feel afraid and hold yourself back.

So I ran forward as fast as I could.  I did not really jump off the high dive, more just kept running until I ran out of diving board.  After that I was only a little bit afraid when I went back up.  But I knew I could do it.  

As far as using sound is concerned here is a link for you.  It takes you directly to the download page of the Brain Wave generator.

http://www.bwgen.com/download.htm

There are several different sound options the one called "Meditation 2 (deep)" is the one I used and got my first full blown OBE.[:D][:D]  I think I listened to it 3-4 times before I got it.

Thelou
What ever the mind of man can conceive, and believe, it can achieve.  Napoleon Hill

There is no spoon.

Life is a dichotomy within an enigma, based upon dogma affecting karma...... Or my dogma ate my karma....

G3MM4

quote:
Hey G3MM4,

I don't mean to sound like a smart butt here but I have a possible solution from you.  I read it somewhere, but where, let me see.....

"Instead of asking "why me", ask "why not me"?"

Seriously, use this and your fears will be over come.  Why not you having a good OBE?[:D]

Ok then Smart Butt... [:D]

Yeah I see where you're coming from. But let's be honest, you only jumped off that diving board because you was afraid of the humiliation that you would face if you'd chickened out instead. If it was that easy, then how come I haven't overcome my other biggest fear - spiders?

quote:
Then I climbed up there and was scared half to death. I thought about climbing back down myself. But I was more afraid of the humiliation.

But I also know that the longer I leave it, the worse my fear will get. I mean, for example, I'm deathly afraid of spiders, and I still haven't managed to shake off that fear. So I don't want my fear of what I might see in the astral to grow so big that I can't deal with it. This isn't about "chicken out and you'll face humiliation". I suspect that once I overcome my fear, it will be more enjoyable for me.

BTW thanks for the link.

[:)]

thelou

quote:
Yeah I see where you're coming from. But let's be honest, you only jumped off that diving board because you was afraid of the humiliation that you would face if you'd chickened out instead. If it was that easy, then how come I haven't overcome my other biggest fear - spiders?

Quite right ol chap.

The point is I found a motivation that was stronger than my fears.  What do you do when you see a spider?  Run away?  Or run over and victoriously kill it?  Rent the movie 8 legged freaks to find out how much fun it is to kill the little buggers.

I was afraid of scorpions for the longest time would find one or two a month in my house.  Then I got stung on my forehead.  Sure it hurt, but NOWHERE near what I was afraid that it would.  I still kill everyone I see, but I know what it feels like, and that I will be ok.

Perhaps if you decided that you wanted to fly in AP or what ever you are most excited about.  You could think about that and gain your motivation.

quote:
But I also know that the longer I leave it, the worse my fear will get. I mean, for example, I'm deathly afraid of spiders, and I still haven't managed to shake off that fear. So I don't want my fear of what I might see in the astral to grow so big that I can't deal with it. This isn't about "chicken out and you'll face humiliation". I suspect that once I overcome my fear, it will be more enjoyable for me.

Realize fear for what it is.  Break it down into basics.  It is only an emotion.  Like love is.  Realize it is only an emotion, and that you can overcome any emotion with logic or the power of your thought.  

Also have you read the sticky links about reasons why OBE should not be feared?  

Ok I suspect that you afraid that you will OBE and find this giant spider there to attack you?  What if you charged yourself up to go to battle and went in and killed the spider, I wonder if you would loose your fear of them in the real world?

Has any one heard about people using OBE to over come phobias?  

What ever the mind of man can conceive, and believe, it can achieve.  Napoleon Hill

There is no spoon.

Life is a dichotomy within an enigma, based upon dogma affecting karma...... Or my dogma ate my karma....

G3MM4

I'm far too afraid to kill spiders. I just run. Or get someone to get rid of it. I'm not afraid that I'll come across a big spider in the astral. I'm more afraid of encountering a nasty looking creature, and not being able to fight it. Yeah that's right, I'm a coward really... *sigh*

As for reading the sticky about why OBEs should not be feared, that is what spooked me in the first place. In a way, I'm glad I read it as at least it wouldn't be a totally nasty surprise if I came across a neg, but then it's made me more worried that I'll encounter them. As someone in that topic said, like attracts like. I suffer with depression and anger, and I'm afraid that I will attract beings whom I don't want near me. Having said that, I try to be positive about things, and so I don't really know what to expect... positive beings or negs??? I think that's the root of my fear.

jilola

The saying "Like attracts like" is faulty, especially as far as the astral in concerned. It's more like "you perceive as you expect".

I can understand your fear of spiders and the strength such a fear can have on a person. And apparently that fear is projected as your fear of what you might see or encounter during an AP.
It really doesn't matter what the fear is. For some it's a spider, for other humiliation, heigths, public speaking, open spaces...

My sugestion is that you shouldn't expect anything. Any preconception you have will most likely work against you. The less you think the more control you'll have. Sounds contradictory but is true nonetheless.

Be courageous, nothing you will meet in the astral is anything other than what you wish amd expect it to be.

2cents & L&L
Jouni

G3MM4

There's a lot of sense in what you're saying. I will try and overcome this fear. IMO, it's stupid to have this fear, but unfortunately the human race isn't always rational! LOL I just wish I could kind of "preview" the astral world, before entering it!

I did read somewhere that usually you would enter the part of the astral that is in tune to your vibrations. What does exactly this mean? I feel a bit confused about that.

EDIT: MajorTom, I want to project while I'm conscious because I know that I've OBEd unconsciously, and I can remember bits of these experiences. I've had maybe one or two unpleasant ones and more pleasant ones. How do I know that I've OBEd unconsiously before? Well, that's easy for me to tell you - I had the sensation of being yanked/pulled/sucked (whatever you want to call it) back into my body very very fast when I finished - and it was very disorientating when this happened. I could literally feel myself popping back into my body, and it wasn't very pleasant - I could feel these vibrating/buzzing sensations/noises. I also recall feeling like I was much larger in size than I am in the physical world. I also recall the feeling of "floating", rather than walking. In fact, I don't recall walking at all. Not sure how I got from place to place, but it weren't done by walking as such. I also recall that where-ever I was, the reality of it was much greater than the reality that I normally experience. When I dream a "normal" dream, the dream is very vague, and doesn't make a lot of sense. And the things I've described above, doesn't factor in these dreams. I don't often remember much about these dreams. However with the experiences I'm talking about, I still can't remember all of it, but what I do remember, it's more clearer and sharper.

These experiences happened while I was sleeping, and they weren't "forced" ones. Quite a few of them were spent with my gran, since she passed over in 2000. It would be great if I could AP, so that I could remember more of it. When I had these unconscious OBEs, I couldn't remember a great deal about them. I guess that's my reason for wanting to do it.  

Like I've said, I've felt these vibrations/buzzes while my mind was awake. And I'm paralyzed when I get them, can't move a damn thing. I tried to move my finger, head, leg and so on, but it was like trying to shift a building! My brain was telling me to move, but my body wouldn't obey. That and the vibrations are horrible. That's when I automactically hold myself back. I'm the sort of person who likes to be in control of the things that happen to me, and I don't feel in control when this happens to me. I guess that adds to my fear in some way. I suspect I need to learn how to go with the flow.

If I can do it unconsciously, then I'm sure I can do it while I'm consciously aware of it.

As for nightmares, I get them from time to time. When I was at my most depressed, I used to get them most nights, sometimes two or three times a night, and they were very disturbing.

G3MM4

quote:
Originally posted by MajorTom

Preview the astral world or where you'll be when out of body?

Look in yur bedroom or out the window. [:)]

You won't have to worry about the astral world for qwuite some time. You'll be in the RTZ in the surroundings of an environment that is very familiar.

I wish it were so easy to go to the astral [:)]

What's the difference? Where do I go when OOB? Where do I go when/if I AP? And what is RTZ? In the surroundings of an environment that I'm familiar with? Please explain.

[?][?][?]

G3MM4

Oh I see. So what do I do, once in the RTZ, to get to the astral?

G3MM4

No, I'm not fearless, but I was curious thats all. [;)]

No I don't have Bruce's book.

How about you explain to me how you got to the astral?

G3MM4

So are you saying that the Astral is above the RTZ?

G3MM4

So how do you tell if you're living in a world upside down or not?

I've always been uncomfortable with the colour black. Which explains why I very rarely wear anything that is completely black.

G3MM4

I tend to associate bright and pastel colours with positivity. Black and grey colours represent negativity to me. But I still don't understand what associations/symbols have to do with finding if you live in an upside down world or not.

G3MM4

The other morning, when I woke up, I was just half asleep (my mind was awake though), when the vibrations started. I immediately felt afraid and "automatically" kind of held myself back. I've never been able to AP on purpose because of this "block" or fear that I've got.

What can I do to remove the "block" or fear so that I can AP?