What Do You Think About DMT?

Previous topic - Next topic

Woah

I've been considering trying it recently, but I wanted to visit here first for advice.
Does anyone here have any experience using it?
If so, do you recommend it or not?
If not, why?

cavernstoy

Isn't DMT an dissociative? 

I have no experience with DMT (besides natures dose every night during REM) but I have, and do experiment with Salvia Divorium, which to my understanding causes paralel effects.  I'm disappointed to tell you that the many times I've done Salvia, I have never gone further in consciousness exploration than I do regularly with meditation.  I am not saying that Salvia is useless, in fact I think it is one of the amazing herbs that evolved on this planet.  And I'm also happy to say that I have never actually taken more than a small dose.  It changes your perception, causes bliss and piece of mind, and somewhat frees you from physical restrains.  But beyond that, is beyond my experience with this herb.  I actually do recommend Salvia, which is still legal in most states (not for long), and DMT is not.  Not that it truly matters, its just easier to buy. 

Either one will probably help you, and thats usually a good thing.  But with time, its healthier to drift away from these aids, and use hard effort to achieve magnificent conscious states from a pure mind, where you will reach further, with more clarity, and on a higher level of experience.  Herbs are amazing, but the direction is all they have, you are the vehicle in which your experience is driven.  Once you know the way, freedom will eventually come.

But in the meantime, we must take advantage of the resources on this planet.

Cavernstoy
Confusion separates us...and division teaches us that unity is the only truth.

MisterJingo

DMT is a very powerful and short acting psychedelic, not a dissociative - it is also produced by the brain under certain conditions. An interesting book is "DMT: the spirit molecule" by Dr Rick Strassman, in the book Rick gets the funding and go ahead to carryout DMT experiments on willing participants, and the resulting experiences are strikingly like OBEs and NDEs - even down to low level doses producing something which sounds exactly like 'the vibrations'.
In regards to the substance itself, it's something one has to be very careful about as it is very powerful in effect (As above, full OBEs, NDEs, Ego Death, merging with the source/universe etc). Definately one to research deeply before even considering it. I haven't tried it personally, but do have friends who have, they've posted experience reports over on erowid gttp://www.erowid.org.

sk8chik

I'm one to believe that any spiritual experience attained through drug usage is entirely visceral and does not contribute to spiritual development, except to perhaps open the individual to experiencing briefly the tremendous possibilities in existence that generally aren't experienced in day to day life. I've done a bunch of hallucinogens but I don't do them anymore: I meditate and develop myself spiritually in the hopes to achieve a wonderful place in my life spiritually in which I can experience and see the energy of the universe naturally.

But anyway, I have done many hallucinogens, including DMT. It was an unbelievable experience and it certainly bonked me on the head into seeing how much more to the universe there is. I literally completely left the physical world and found myself in a beautiful garden. Given, its impossible to describe verbally the experience of it (I was sitting in a room before intaking the drug, and after, I was in a beautiful garden surrounded by foreign energy I couldn't possibly describe.) So, I would recommend trying it once if you feel ready for it. It could potentially be a terribly traumatic experience so if you feel nervous/apprehensive about it, I say just forget it, its not worth it. But if not, then try it. Why not. It could potentially be a very cool experience.

Thirdeyeopen

One of the common elements in a DMT trip is the feeling of a sort of alien presence or consiousness. Another very interesting thing about DMT is the similarity of all reported trip experiences. Many people have reported seeing the same objects at different levels of DMT tripping. one example is a sort of Atrium-like place that is compared to a crowded shopping mall, just in the sense that there is a feeling of many presences around you. This struck me as seeming almost like a version of Focus 3, but a toned down or weaker version. Do you think its possible that smoking a certain amount of DMT can cause your consiousness to shift to focus 3?

Oh yeah just some other random info. When smoked or freebased, trippers usually measure their experiences based on the number of hits they take. It is said that 3 concurrent hits of DMT can provide possibly the most intense psychedelic trip ever experienced. Most cannot go past 2 hits. Theres lots more info and plenty of trip experiences on www.erowid.org

T.L.

I think the only very major danger of having dmt is that its a scheduled 1 substance and is as illegal to have as heroin. You get caught with it or extracting it you can be assured that the judicial system will throw the book at you trust me. That being said, I think the use in a controlled setting to someone who wants to experience but doesnt fully believe other realities exist can actually be a good thing. Notice I said that dmt use in a controlled setting, I did not say LSD at a friends house was a good thing. If you plan on trying this seriously know the source providing you with the dmt well, or get it from a reputable source. Most have said the more you use dmt in a sitting the more about the experience you will forget. Also that the memories of the experiences are as fleeting as dream memories. I think the most interesting thing is that dmt is arguably the strongest hallucinogen, yet the most common in nature. Our bodies produce it everynight, some common plants produce it, why in the heck is it so illegal? The way I look at it from my experiences is that anything that has the ability to open up the mass populations eyes to something new is frowned upon by the government. Now Im not talking about conspiracy theories etc.. but really look at it objectively.
   There have been inventors that have been raided by the department of defense when attempting to patent a new technology (see the experience of Patrick Flannagen inventor of the neurophone). Others have been listed for subscribing to certain magazines, or logging out certain books at a library. The question is why. I really do believe the reason is that the only way for a government to operate successfully is to keep the general population ignorant, and keeping the stupidity factor high. Think about it seriously, the wiser the population the more we would realize that we dont need as much direction from the government or media as they would like to give. Those are just my observations, but very valid ones. Back to DMT, I think it can be used successfully as a tool for self exploration, but should not be used permanently as the only tool. Once or twice should suffice, then it should be up to one to naturally explore these states. Just be careful, dont do too much at once or you will end up in a frightful experience that will blow your mind and then one you will forget instantly as the experience ends. Good luck.

Awakened_Mind

Woah, the best source of information I've found on the use of DMT is Terence McKenna. I'd start with him. Search on youtube and google.

-AM
Truth exists beyond the dimension of thought.

Sharpe

Awakened_Mind

It's illegal you can't buy it. People prepare it themselves. You can find instructions on how to on the net.

-AM
Truth exists beyond the dimension of thought.