What is special about the Binaural Beats?

Previous topic - Next topic

Astralsuzy

Hi all, there are a lot of people that use Binaural Beats.  I am wondering what is special about the beats that makes it very good.  I listen to the sounds of the wind, rain and thunder.  I find it very relaxing. 

Lionheart

Here is a rather in-depth description of what they are and why they work good for some people. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binaural_beats
They are just another way to hit a good NPR focus or Trance state. But, you can train yourself with any kind of music or background sounds. Usually the best kind though is non vocal music. But once in awhile I do like to Phase to Enya!  :-)

Astralsuzy

Thanks Lionheart, I will have a look at that link later when I have some spare time.

Astralsuzy

I listened to the beats that someone recommended me to listen to about a year ago.  I did not like it.  I found it irritating.  We are all different.  What works for one person may not work for another.

Lionheart

Quote from: Astralsuzy on October 03, 2012, 17:02:12
I listened to the beats that someone recommended me to listen to about a year ago.  I did not like it.  I found it irritating.  We are all different.  What works for one person may not work for another.
Try these ones and you may change your mind. The ones you want to start with are 2012, Defragment Your Mind, Song 54, the Deep, Taken up in the sky and Facing the Unknown. These are a completely different style of Binaural Beats. I'm sure you will like them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgGnA3T7o4w&feature=BFa&list=SP48627FA5F1896833
You can also find songs there with rain storms, birds chirping, sounds of waves crashing, etc.. Paul Collier is a fantastic composer.

Astralsuzy

Thanks Lionheart.  I will have a look at it later.  I am happy with the CD that I listen to as it works for me.  I ap nearly every morning.  I do not like hearing birds chirping when I am lying down trying to relax.  I find it does not relax me.  I like listening to the birds at other times.

Astralsuzy

Thank you Lionhert.  I listened to the beats you recommended.  It was good.  I will try it out.

rain_88

Yepp, thanks for posting, I just become aware in my afternoon nap while listening to them  8-).
I am sorry, I am so, for the things you don't know
And as for the things you do, I am sorry for those too

Bedeekin

I still haven't tried Binaural beats... well... I havent' tried them seriously. I have 'give them a go' which is really trying.

Contenteo

They work really well at inducing the desired state of mind, however, I found that they were more of a hindrance. More of a crutch. Someday you have to be able to phase without them. Use them for what they are, but don't deceive yourself that they are not a crutch and you are partaking in a forced induction into the right state of mind.

Cheers,
Contenteo

Astralsuzy

I find listening to something is really good if your mind is not relaxed.  I listen to the wind and rain for a while, then I take my head phone off and ap is a lot easier.  If your mind is already relaxed then you do not need it.