The Ultimate Visualization Technique? Empathy?

Previous topic - Next topic

Contenteo

Hey everybody! I have recently been messing around with a fairly new rendition to an age old technique. Naturally, I'd like to share.

If you have read any of my past posts, then you know I have always been a big supporter of metaphysical visualizations to get you by the tough part in the phasing process. Here's a trick that I have been using for the past couple months that has given me uncanny success.  :-)

So...its relatively simple...All you gotta do is empathize with yourself...a lot... :-P

Method
Once in a deep meditative mental state(preferably F12)

1. Start By visualizing yourself doing so semi-intense activity. I usually use pick juggling a soccer ball or hacky sack.

2. Once you have that visualization pretty stable. Visualize "you" standing next to the previous you juggling hacky sack. Again, Take your time to let the whole visualization sink in and stabilize.

3. Now visualize another you into the setting, father away, watching the previous two yous. They don't see you. I usually pick behind a tree or in tall grass or something to that effect. Wait & Stabilize.

4. Now visualize another you...You get the point. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. I usually get to the point of being in a helicopter watching a whole gang of 'mes' down below.

Once I have sufficient amounts of 'mes' in the setting, I usually totally forget that I am even laying on my couch visualizing.
This is the most effective and consistent metaphysical imagery I have used to date.

Reiterations of Some Timeless Notes
Remember:

- Once your brain starts feeding you weird stuff(things that aren't supposed to be there), Good. Let it happen. Embrace that randomness. That is the telltale sign that you are doing things right. Incorporate the concept into the visualization. Keep going.

- Don't move your eyes when attempting to get into the deep F10/F12 state that is a prerequisite to all successful phase attempts. This tip isn't said enough. Don't move any part of your body either, but you should already know that.

- Snapping back to your slumbery physical closed eyes perspective of reality is normal. Don't let it deter nor discourage you. It usually happens multiple times to me as I keep going deeper. Just be persistent and bounce right back into where you left off with your visualization. With each bounce you should feel drowsier.

Enjoy!  :-D

Best on all your travels,

Cheers,
Contenteo

Astralzombie

That's incredible. I have never tried this exactly since my visualizations before I phase can destabilize too easily sometimes. This sounds like a great way to strengthen my focus. I've had success with many methods but I'm gonna give this a shot as well.

Visualizing me watching me- watching me- watching me- watching me until I phase out sounds like a lot of hard work for a beginner but I imagine the payoff would be an intense awareness. So someone new to this would surely struggle I imagine.

Do I understand your technique correctly?
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Chaki

Good stuff, thanks! I'll try it out on my lunch break today :)

Chaki

Well that was cool. It was the fastest I've ever gotten to the point where I lose the feeling in my arms/legs. Within a few minutes, and with zero lapse in consciousness, I started feeling my astral/etheric/whatever legs rising. Then I started to lose my visualization.

I got to 6 me's, the 6th watching the 5th watching the 4th watching the 3rd watching the 2nd, and he was watching the 1st me juggling 3 oranges from the surrounding Florida orange trees. 3-6 were hiding behind trees lol. I was switching around to different perspectives, and when I felt myself losing consciousness, I would go back to #1 and focus on strengthening the juggling visualization.

Then I was getting very vivid tunnel/wormhole imagery, purple misty smoke going from a cloud into a single point and disappearing. Also yellow tunnels. Also saw some vivid faces, human and animal, although the animal faces I sensed were "smarter" than animals...not sure if that makes sense. Anytime I see something really vivid though, I feel my eyes move involuntarily like they try to focus on it, and I think that's my sticking point.

Any tips to prevent that? I still haven't consciously projected. Only from lucid dreams.

Contenteo

Congrats, that's exactly where you want to be.  :-D

Losing the feeling in your arms and legs is known as F10(mind awake, body asleep). Think of it as the launch pad of all deep meditation. Every meditation art that I encountered validates this State of Mind. So getting there(F10) and getting there quick and knowing what 'there' feels like is meat and potatoes of astral projection practice. 

As for moving eyes, eh, I mean, what do you want me to say, the stuff you see in that stage is really interesting. I have been doing this for years and I still move my eyes...and every experience is still really interesting.

As for techniques against it. Well, I switch my techniques as I hit the different main milestones in projecting. Usually visualization and laying there bored until F10 sets in. Then I go over to counting breaths on the exhale nowadays until I feel my visual cortext shut down (F12) a black vastness sets in. Then I usually pick back up visualizing and concentrate on getting that sinking feeling going. If you can get past F12, you are always in store for some sort of wild ride, even if you don't have a full fledged projection. Enjoy the experiences as they come. There is no winners circle.

Go search posts by my name, if you are interested in F12, I have written well over a few dozen girthy replies on the subject.

Cheers,
Contenteo

P.S. If you are attempting before bed. That's a good way to frustrate yourself. Practice getting to F12 before bed, but do the traditional wake up early thing and then go to F12. You'll be walkin on moonlight before you know it.

Chaki

Szaxx

After reading this interesting method I remembered the last part of an experience where I saw 2 of me. It's in the thread ' The Games' towards the end of the experience.
I had a question left with this experience and you may have answered it.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Nameless

I love this Contenteo. I know this is an old thread but my first time reading and I'm simply excited to try it this way. Bumping this too in case anyone else missed it that might appreciate something a little different. Thanks!
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

EscapeVelocity

Interesting.
Thanks for digging this up Nameless!
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde