What's the process of your body falling asleep supposed to feel like?

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdeadevil

(Don't say vibrations, I don't get vibrations.)

I've been meaning to ask this for a while, but every time I've tried to relax and not move a muscle for about an hour, I start to physically feel like I do in the morning, mainly needing a glass of water and caffeine to perk myself up. Sometimes I also feel colder than I do when I'm a little more awake. When I don't swallow for about 10-20 minutes the feeling is 'worse' in that for a few seconds swallowing feels like sandpaper. Is this feeling due to my body falling asleep? Or is it just dry?

I just want to know how close I am to experiencing Body Asleep; Mind Awake.

Xanth

Quote from: Jdeadevil on June 15, 2018, 06:09:18
(Don't say vibrations, I don't get vibrations.)

I've been meaning to ask this for a while, but every time I've tried to relax and not move a muscle for about an hour, I start to physically feel like I do in the morning, mainly needing a glass of water and caffeine to perk myself up. Sometimes I also feel colder than I do when I'm a little more awake. When I don't swallow for about 10-20 minutes the feeling is 'worse' in that for a few seconds swallowing feels like sandpaper. Is this feeling due to my body falling asleep? Or is it just dry?

I just want to know how close I am to experiencing Body Asleep; Mind Awake.
Good, cause it's not vibrations.

Have you read those stories where people describe a heavy blanket being pulled over their body and their body becoming really heavy?  And/or they feel something heavy sitting on their chest (look up the old hag syndrome)?  THAT the process of your body falling asleep. 

Essentially, the MA/BA (mind awake/body asleep) point is one of sleep paralysis, but the process I mention above is the actual process of your body falling asleep.  Most people freak out when the begin to experience it because they've NEVER actually experienced it before.  :)

I hope that helps!