What's the secret To Astral Projection?

Previous topic - Next topic

TravelingBull

Quote from: personalreality on July 14, 2011, 17:23:39
it is a very useful tool, but don't make the mistake that i did and expect it to do all the work for you.  it helps you get into the right mindstate, but the job is still yours.  (not necessarily directed at you TravelingBull, just to everyone)

and good call addict.  but if you need that "proof"factor in the beginning, HEMI-Synce can really help. confidence builder.  but yea, don't become reliant on it.

I honestly prefer the "Journeys Out of the Body" series.

Agree with both of you... its a factor of achieving the phase... Brings faith... move slowly to self reliant. Kinda like a baby... goes from Bottle... to pacifier.. to eating on your own... its a great tool.
Sing like its your last song
Dance like its your last dance
and LIVE like its your last day!

mcdwg

the following is my experience.

I have alwasy had sleep paralysis since I can remember, I thought it was norma for everyone but when I started asking about it everyne was saying it never happened to them.  One day I was looking up sleep paralysis in google and found the term astral projection, which led me to this forum, I started reading here and found Robert Monroe in one of the threads, I researched his name and found his experiences to be very informative and at the same time not attached to religion or, but very analytical and throrough.  I bought all his books and I think I read them all in about two weeks  i was obssesed with jsut finding more and more information.

While doing all this I never thought about actually practicing to have an OB or AP.  i was actually fearful because I thought I was not ready.  I feared I would encounter bad entities, or things I would not enjoy so I never practiced.  The funny part is that after about two months of just reading and reading and having this iformation in my head all the time I did experience my first OBE, without even trying.  I think it was because my mind was constantly thinking about the subject that it triggered for me to have an OBE, it only lasted a few seconds but since then I have had a few more OBE's and several phasings.  Throughout all this I have never had a bad experience, in fact i tried having one while getting ourt in one occasion just by thinking bad thoughts and all I heard was a devilish laugh but that was it.

Bottom line, in my experience the constant feeding of astral projection information was the trigger to have experiences, I think it was like a highway with no blocks, free flowing information.  In my opinion when we practice to much and expect certain results then that expectation can actually be a block since the mind is thinking about two subjects, having an astral projection, and expecting not to fail.
Expect nothing and feed your mind, things will begin to happen.

My two cents

Take care

David Warner

Wow,

You might find this helpful:

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_projection_experiences/why_cant_i_project_invisiblelight_book_reference_for_beginner_to_advance-t28924.0.html

Remember, projecting out of body takes time, patience, practice and it is never ending. You were like me in the beginning even thou I took me three months to experience my first. I was started to feel skeptical and once I let go and didn't expect the experience, it happened. When it did - it was a HUGE wake up call and trust me - It is For Real!

Good Luck,

DW

InvisibleLight - Book Release 12.12.2012
www.invisiblelight.us

Taliesin

The true secret to Astral Projection is achieving the state of "Mind Awake Body Awake." This is the holy grail for OBEs and Lucid Dream inductions. There are many ways to achieve this trans state, they normally involve meditation or using mantras. Perfecting the ability to quickly reach this state is the secret to mastering Astral projection.

Xanth

Quote from: Taliesin on January 12, 2014, 21:21:04
The true secret to Astral Projection is achieving the state of "Mind Awake Body Awake." This is the holy grail for OBEs and Lucid Dream inductions. There are many ways to achieve this trans state, they normally involve meditation or using mantras. Perfecting the ability to quickly reach this state is the secret to mastering Astral projection.
Do you mean mind awake body asleep?  Mind awake body awake is fine too though.  LoL

My point really is that isn't a "key" as much as just another way to project.

The "key" to projection is about being able to shut off your physical sensory input by ignoring everything around you as much as possible.  From there, Projection kicks in naturally.  You don't need to worry about your body being asleep or awake.

Phaedrus

IMHO, I think where many people go wrong with astral projection is that they don't invest the time in developing basic psychic skills first.

Astral travelling is actually an advanced technique and you have to build strong psychic foundations first in order to perform it effectively - and safely ! These include knowing how to ground yourself, energising your chakras, knowing about psychic protection, and so on.

Without taking the time to practice and develop these basic psychic skills first, most people will either not be able to astral project, or they will have unpleasant experiences when they do.

Xanth

Quote from: Phaedrus on January 24, 2014, 07:08:48
IMHO, I think where many people go wrong with astral projection is that they don't invest the time in developing basic psychic skills first.

Astral travelling is actually an advanced technique and you have to build strong psychic foundations first in order to perform it effectively - and safely ! These include knowing how to ground yourself, energising your chakras, knowing about psychic protection, and so on.

Without taking the time to practice and develop these basic psychic skills first, most people will either not be able to astral project, or they will have unpleasant experiences when they do.
I would have agreed with you 10 or so years ago... but now not so much.
What I mean is that most people BELIEVE it's an "advanced" thing to do spiritually... but it really isn't.
What makes Projection hard is usually a persons perspective and ideas about what it is and how one does it.

My mother is a prime example... she tells me about her sleep paralysis episodes quite often, and I tell her how she can take those episodes and turn them into projections.  However, there's one catch, she thinks that you need to be "one of the special people" of the world in order to "do that kind of stuff".  I've told her over and over that *EVERYONE* can do it, yet she refuses to believe me.  It's all in her head.

Also, while I do agree that you need to build a foundation first... that foundation should come in the form of meditation.  Learning to focus your mind, then learning to hold that focus for extended periods of time is the absolute basis behind conscious exit projections.  Now if you're more interested in not doing conscious exit projections and are more of a spontaneous projector, then you don't need to worry about meditation as much... however, it is a big help still.

As for the other things... you don't ever need to do anything in regards to energy, chakras, or know anything about psychic protection in order to project. 
In fact, many people project just fine (myself included) without ever having bothered with any of those things.

Astralsuzy

The secret to astral projection is persevering with it.   Keep telling yourself you can ap.   Practice meditation and keep practicing.  Find out what works for you and what does not work.    The only way to find out is to practice.   I learnt from my own mistakes.   I did not learn from a book.
Xanth gave you good advice.   If you think you cannot ap, you will not ap.   You do not have to be psychic to ap.   I am not psychic and I can ap.   My goal is to be able to ap whenever I want to.   The only way I can do that is by telling myself I can do it.   By believing I can ap, I am half way there.

Phaedrus

Quote from: Xanth on January 24, 2014, 17:38:06
I would have agreed with you 10 or so years ago... but now not so much.
What I mean is that most people BELIEVE it's an "advanced" thing to do spiritually... but it really isn't.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree about this.

I still maintain that astral projection is an advanced technique and shouldn't be attempted before building core psychic skills.

And you're right when you say that "you don't ever need to do anything in regards to energy, chakras, or know anything about psychic protection in order to project
In fact, many people project just fine (myself included) without ever having bothered with any of those things".

BUT, you only have to read these boards to see that :
(1) many people do have problems projecting, and
(2) many people have had unpleasant experiences projecting.

Anyways, it never does any harm to present people with different views and, of course, they're then free to decide for themselves whether to invest some time building the foundations, or to just go for it.

As always, we're all different and what works best for one person may be different for another person.

BTW, I definitely agree with you about the need for practicing meditation as the absolute basis behind conscious projection. Being able to focus the mind is a key skill to develop.

Xanth

Quote from: Phaedrus on January 27, 2014, 06:23:42
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree about this.

I still maintain that astral projection is an advanced technique and shouldn't be attempted before building core psychic skills.
That's fine.  You won't hurt my feelings by disagreeing with me.  :)
I'd be a very unhappy person if I got my feelings hurt everytime someone disagreed with me.  hehe 

QuoteBUT, you only have to read these boards to see that :
(1) many people do have problems projecting, and
(2) many people have had unpleasant experiences projecting.
Those issues are totally unrelated to energy and chakras.
The issues most people have is usually one of understanding what it is they're trying to actually do... AND they've usually overloaded their mind with preconceived notions of what projections is, which makes teaching a full mind very difficult.

QuoteAnyways, it never does any harm to present people with different views and, of course, they're then free to decide for themselves whether to invest some time building the foundations, or to just go for it.
I only share my perspective... I allow others to share what they want to share as well.
I don't call people out over their beliefs.  I share mine and leave it at that... I'm not here to argue.  I'm here to teach.  :)

Szaxx

@ Pheadrus
I'm interested in your viewpoint on the requirement of developing skills and protection.
I had never heard of them before joining this site a couple or years ago.
I always found the mindset you possess to be the ultimate dictator of the experience.
Most of those having some difficulties in the art have psychological issues that are prevailing over their sensibilities.
The fear aspect being their biggest hurdle whether they admit it or simply don't understand the thought manifestations that fear can produce. It can be a runaway situation which itself instill more fear thus preventing further development. A catch 22 of sorts.
Having to protect yourself is another issue not understood on my part at all. Anyone in the physical carrying an ak47 for protection has some severe mental problems. Outside of war that is...
Size is no indication of power the same as some entity that appears gothic complete with horns ect.
Some of these guys are excellent to communicate with.
The attacks ect so often reported on have never occured outside of the Badlands. (their environment).
Is this a misconception of sorts?
I possess no fear whatsoever and this may project itself into those entities who look for weaker minded targets...
Bemused...
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

seapony

I agree with every one who says the Monroe books and all are great inspiration for going out of body,
but I also recomend the book "Out-of-body adventures" by Rick Stack.
I've not seen this one mentioned here yet. Stack is a student and teacher of the Seth material.
Though I don't follow everything he talks about , ( I pick and chose what works for me from anything I
read..), he has some good tips about discovering and changing (if need be) your beliefs about yourself and
life and going out of body. His method works on the "Do this for 30 days" thing, but I read the book, as did my husband,
and we both went out the first night, and ended up in the same place !

Astralsuzy

Quote from: seapony on January 28, 2014, 15:57:23
but I also recomend the book "Out-of-body adventures" by Rick Stack.
I have that book.  I read it a long time ago.   I have forgotten that book.   It was a good book.   Thanks for reminding me about it.   I will read it again.

Phaedrus

Quote from: Szaxx on January 28, 2014, 03:06:49
@ Pheadrus
I'm interested in your viewpoint on the requirement of developing skills and protection.
I always found the mindset you possess to be the ultimate dictator of the experience.

I'm sure you're right about 'mindset' being the ultimate dictator of the experience.

And I guess there are different ways of developing the right mindset if you haven't already got it.

For me, developing core psychic skills (such as grounding for example) is a good way of cultivating the right mindset.

Of course, there are other ways that are equally valid and different people may find other methods to be more appropriate for them.

QuoteI possess no fear whatsoever and this may project itself into those entities who look for weaker minded targets...

This goes hand-in-hand with the right mindset - having no fear is a great mindset to have !

Most people are not fearless, and again developing core psychic skills can help to build confidence and overcome fear.

QuoteAnyone in the physical carrying an ak47 for protection has some severe mental problems

That's absolutely true. But you don't have to necessarily carry an ak47 to protect yourself. Having an in-built sense of confidence and stillness (not sure I'm using the exact right words here, but hopefully you get what I mean) can also be a great source of protection. Again, I guess this relates to what you called  'mindset'.

I can give you an example from the physical worldl.

I have two friends who both exude self-confidence and stillness. One developed this demeanour by practicing martial arts, and the other by practicing meditation. I've seen both of these people in scary situations - but no one ever threatens or picks on them. Their demeanour (mindset) can be sensed by other people and keeps them safe.

I think that pretty much the same thing applies in other dimensions as well.

I hope this helps to explain my viewpoint, Szaxx.

Szaxx

Exactly, I have the meditation and martial arts in one.
About 5 years before this any nocturnal excursions were never interfered with by some neg. These were all in the RTZ. Having just started nursery school I would have expected something, I do posess one memory of a shadow being and he wanted out. I scared him... I must only have been 5, go figure.
I was wondering if the consistant 'you must be protected' thing actually had any base.
Mindset is how it is, unless you've got some 'Magic Crystals' to sell extortionately ( those tumble polished glass beads) that is. I love real crystals...
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Astralsuzy

Quote from: Xanth on June 16, 2011, 09:31:12
The secret to success in doing Astral Projection is "HARD WORK" and "DEDICATION".  :)
You said it Xanth.   That is the real secret.  I practice ap late in the afternoons.   I am not always able to do it as I have things to do when I get home from work.     Sometimes I am able to do it.   I now practice ap before I go to sleep.     I mostly always practice in the weekends.   I am starting to ap before sleep.   I need more practice.   I feel reasonably confident I will get there.    If I fall asleep I go to bed and I sleep until I wake up.   I usually wake up about 2.30 am and  I go out into the other room and I practice for about two hours.   I usually can ap.  This morning when I was lying down I saw a picture of colours.   I got out straight away out of my body.   Yesterday morning I felt my face and body getting lighter.   That is when I know I can ap.    I instantly go out of my body.   I can end up anywhere.   I have never ended up in a bad place or seen bad things.   For those people who think I am over doing it, perhaps you are right.   I look forward doing it.   It is not a chore.   I find it exciting.  I am not tired when I get up early to go to work the next morning.   I think it is because when I meditate it takes away some of the tiredness.   I could be wrong.  I have been meditating for years so I think that would help a lot not to get tired of it.   For those of you who think I do not do anything else, I do.   I have my life.   I cycle and I play mahjong.   I also spend time with my family.