While trying to enter the trance state...

Previous topic - Next topic

Infining

In preparation for astral projection I am relaxing myself fully and trying to quiet my mind so that I may enter the trance state. I stretch and relax all my muscles once or twice through. I then just try to quiet my mind by using breath awareness and other similar techniques. Once my mind is successfully calmed and a deep relaxation is all over my body I find that I enter a state where I am no longer conscious of my thoughts in real time. It's like my thoughts start to wander tremendously but I am not aware of them at the moment they come up. I can only say that they were in my head after I come out the state that I am in. I am also not aware of this state while I am in it. When I get any inkling that I have been in this state I come out of it. This has been troubling me since it happens every time that I mediate. I am sure someone has had this similar experience. Anyone know what this state is or how I might deal (or not deal) with it?

Thank you for your time,

Nathan Gaul

Lionheart

I find that to get into a good trance state that it doesn't really matter what thoughts are going through my mind as long as they have nothing to do with my physical body.

You don't have to shut your thoughts out, you only have to lose your physical focus.

Try this, focus on your brain. You don't need to see it visually. Just focus on that area. Turn inside and you will see your trance state deepen.

It sounds like you are hitting a period of no mind, which is deep in the void. You can still see your thoughts, but they have no bearing on you right now. In this area, there is no visuals, no sound, just complete tranquility and darkness.

It can be a bit disorienting when you first get to that state, but with practice it will become second nature.  :wink:

Infining

Quote from: Lionheart on December 10, 2013, 14:49:19
It sounds like you are hitting a period of no mind, which is deep in the void. You can still see your thoughts, but they have no bearing on you right now. In this area, there is no visuals, no sound, just complete tranquility and darkness.

It can be a bit disorienting when you first get to that state, but with practice it will become second nature.  :wink:

Lionheart,

Thank you very much! I could have not described any better myself. Also, what is this "void" you are referring to?

Lionheart

I see the void as a place we find ourselves "sometimes" just before a successful shift. The next thing I experience after I see the void is usually a light that becomes blinding in a few seconds. Then I am off!

Other times I experience it when I am returning from a NPR visit or decide to leave the scene. It can be a great "time out"/safe zone as well!  :wink:

I say sometimes, because I don't always experience the "void".

The void has also been labeled the 3D dark zone or /Focus 12.

Astralsuzy

Quote from: Lionheart on December 10, 2013, 14:49:19
I find that to get into a good trance state that it doesn't really matter what thoughts are going through my mind as long as they have nothing to do with my physical body.

You don't have to shut your thoughts out, you only have to lose your physical focus.

Try this, focus on your brain. You don't need to see it visually. Just focus on that area. Turn inside and you will see your trance state deepen.
I agree with Infining.   This is great information Lionheart.   I think we can all learn from you.