Will Ayahuasca trigger the ability to have astral/OBE experiences?

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Glitter Neon

For several years I've been yearning to visit the astral plane, or at least be given something tangible to prove this entire concept is real, like for instance a lucid dream, or something, anything.

On and off I've been trying to follow various techniques, but nothing has worked. Might be I don't have the ability, but more likely it's just a lack of long time persistence. Working the kind of physical job I do means you get thrown off the ball all the time and when at last you get home, you're mostly too tired to get anything done. Then of course there is people, family and all the rest that's in constant control of your life.

So here's a straight question: Does Ayahuasca work as a trigger to OBE's? After all, Ayahuasca contains DMT, and DMT is also produced by your pineal gland, supposedly acting as your "third eye", or consciousness portal to the beyond.

Now, the more I've studied Ayahuasca on YT, the more I get the feeing it's just another hallucinogenic drug, albeit very powerful. In other words, when people go on a Ayahuasca trip, they seem essentially to surf around inside their own confused subconsciousness, so it's not that I think just taking the substance would make you have a full blown astral experience. But if you have done Ayahuasca before will it assist in achieving astral experiences later, like blowing open the doors of perception? Or maybe it will do just the opposite, closing your mind to the beyond through its substance pollution?

Please reply. I'm desperate. For five years not a single day has gone by without me thinking about the astral!

Xanth

Nope, at least not directly. 

Ayahuasca simply opens your consciousness to what you don't usually consciously have access to about yourself.  It's a means of self-questioning to find answers.

The answers you find could lead to something like that.  Probably not though.

In the end, you are already consciousness.  You already project.  You're, literally, not missing anything by being able to consciously project.  You come from consciousness and one day you'll return to consciousness.  Don't be in such a rush to return.

There are, as you put it, people, family and all the rest that you have physically here.  Be THERE for them.  THAT is the point of this physical reality.  Not to escape it by projecting. 
Love the people you can now, while you can.  :)

Blue Glitter Neon

Good answer, tells me what I need to know. Ayahuasca won't get you anywhere either.

Sorry, but by family I didn't mean much. It's not like I have children or anything. I have a brother I try to avoid and an old mother I take care of. Sure, that's important, I wouldn't say it isn't.

LightBeam

Just for fun, why don't you stop obsessing about having an OBE, and start changing your believes about how do you perceive yourself and your life. What you think of yourself and your life is what you experience in a daily basis. I know it sounds very hard to change these beliefs, but just for fun, start believing in magic and see yourself as the version you really want to be, FEEL yourself that way with great intent, FEEL your life changing the way you want it to be. But, don't obsess about fast results and getting disappointed if it doesn't happen. Expect nothing, just make yourself FEEL the way you want to believe and experience life. See this life as a video game, what can you do to make it more exciting? Dare to dream and act on opportunities, or create opportunities yourself. Your thoughts mold the unseen energy every moment of everyday and depending on the intensity and beliefs this energy manifests within your very life.
OBE wise, if you haven't read William Buhlman's books, I highly recommend them. If you have to dedicate at least a month for each technique in the book, follow strictly the rules, and I will be surprised if you don't succeeds. However, you need to be persistent and not give up quickly.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

baro-san

Quote from: Blue Glitter Neon on June 24, 2018, 18:41:21
For several years I've been yearning to visit the astral plane, or at least be given something tangible to prove this entire concept is real, like for instance a lucid dream, or something, anything.

On and off I've been trying to follow various techniques, but nothing has worked. Might be I don't have the ability, but more likely it's just a lack of long time persistence. Working the kind of physical job I do means you get thrown off the ball all the time and when at last you get home, you're mostly too tired to get anything done. Then of course there is people, family and all the rest that's in constant control of your life.

So here's a straight question: Does Ayahuasca work as a trigger to OBE's? After all, Ayahuasca contains DMT, and DMT is also produced by your pineal gland, supposedly acting as your "third eye", or consciousness portal to the beyond.

Now, the more I've studied Ayahuasca on YT, the more I get the feeing it's just another hallucinogenic drug, albeit very powerful. In other words, when people go on a Ayahuasca trip, they seem essentially to surf around inside their own confused subconsciousness, so it's not that I think just taking the substance would make you have a full blown astral experience. But if you have done Ayahuasca before will it assist in achieving astral experiences later, like blowing open the doors of perception? Or maybe it will do just the opposite, closing your mind to the beyond through its substance pollution?

Please reply. I'm desperate. For five years not a single day has gone by without me thinking about the astral!

What you hope to get through a chemical path (like Ayahuasca /DMT) you can get faster, easier, and better using self hypnosis.

If you didn't experience astral projection, obe, or lucid dreaming, you should keep trying to do it, just for the power of the experience. If anything, it will probably let you with more questions than you had before, but it will also make you feel something special.

Using self hypnosis can also be a shortcut to get access to your higher /self insight, and to change your self image, your habits, and ultimately your life. Many will recommend you meditation for the same goals, but I'm positive that meditation is the long (most often endless) path for that.

I also like Buhlman, and after I read his first book (Adventures Beyond the Body) I had my first obe in less than a week (true out of body experience, feeling how I was raising from the bed, my physical body still there, seeing my bedroom clearly although it was a pitch black night, floating through the walls, seeing the internal structure of the all, and more). BUhlman is a trained hypnotherapist, and even if he doesn't mention it in the book, his "techniques" are ultimately self hypnosis induction instructions.

Many people have unfounded suspicions about hypnosis, without knowing what really is, how it works. I suggest you give it a try. Don't believe me; don't believe anonymous opinions o the internet; do your homework browsing through a couple of books about it!

This is the nature of the internet, you can't trust, and you shouldn't, anybody. You have to trust only your inner self, and the best way to access it is ... self-hypnosis.
---
"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, but to weigh and consider."
- Sir Francis Bacon

Blue Glitter Neon

I'm going to catch a plane in a few hours and be gone for a week, so quick replies!

LightBeam, I think I'm doing quite a lot of that already, but you're right about Buhlmann. Listened to one of his interviews before going to bed, and he was saying just that: if you haven't done a technique persistently for 24 days you haven't done it! Guilty as charged!

baro-san, self hypnosis and the right book by Buhlmann to read - useful hints. I'll look into it!  :-)

Thanks, and a good week everyone!

LightBeam

Quote from: Blue Glitter Neon on June 25, 2018, 06:17:55
I Listened to one of his interviews before going to bed, and he was saying just that: if you haven't done a technique persistently for 24 days you haven't done it! Guilty as charged!

Absolutley, like any type of learning. You can't expect to learn how to drive a car within a few days. It takes time for your brain to adjust and create the reflexes.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Lumaza

I have to say, I enjoy your posts quite a bit Baro-san! I have been coming to this Forum here for the last month now, just to see what's going on, hoping that one day we can return the Astral Pulse to what it used to be five years ago. You would have loved it here then. You would have fit in perfectly.

Today the problem seems that we have many here that are out of touch with what the Astral has to offer us. Some of us have bought into what other's have found as truths. I found that once you think you know it all, there is no need to be taught any further, hence the blocks that many people here have. I was blocked too at times in my life. One was when I got a "light spike" from a light sound machine, that led to the onset of Trigeminal Neuralgia. That experience did lead to me experiencing the Dream Yoga. So it wasn't all bad. I stopped taking pills for it and learned to control the TN myself through intent. My other block was due to my better half being diagnosed with terminal cancer. They, whoever "they" are knew that I would use everything in my power to change and fix the problem. But, it wasn't my choice to make, it was hers. She chose to live and has been Cancer free for 2 years now, without medical intervention.

I once questioned why after years I still experience full OBEs from SP. I was told that it was because the "freshness" of the experience helps me help others experience it as well. Occasionally, I still get the full OBE experience with all the bells and whistles. This keeps it fresh for me. It helps me put empathy into my posts to aide others.

I still do a Phase session daily. I have it down to a simple closing of my eyes and "exploring" the darkness that lies ahead. Once in awhile, I will throw a few words or commands, should I say in like mentally thinking forward or backwards. I still enjoy using the 6pt directional focus. If I am tense when I begin, I will simply undergo a quick body detachment exercise.  I haven't really looked deeply into the act of Hypnosis. But I know that things that the techniques that I have discovered, share quite a bit with that "label" as well.  

Is Ayahuasca necessary? No. Can it help? In the right setting, yes. So can learning to meditate.

When I hear someone say they have tried a few techniques, but failed and that now they don't have the time anymore, I can see why they failed. They weren't ready for this in their lives at this moment in time. That's fine. When they are ready, it will happen. The OBE/AP experience can change you life. Many people aren't ready for that right now.

We need to stop putting Lucid Dreaming out there as being the same thing though. Yes, during a LD we are becoming aware in a NP reality, but it is nothing like having a full blown OBE, with all the bells and whistles. Through the years I have read many accounts of people's dreams here. I have also got to learn quite a bit of my own. I have LDs, pretty much nightly now. I am not bragging. This isn't a pump on ego, I am sharing that so people can see that truly is "rewards" and perks that come with the practice of AP/OBEs. I have noticed many of my Dreams are centered around me, as in "egocentric". They may be with friends or Family members, locations I know etc.. But my destinations during a OBE or Phase session are completely different. I am never the "star" of the show. I am always exploring elsewhere.
I also see people share their Dream here and say that they didn't gain "lucidity" in them. But while reading their words, I can see they are making conscious decisions, so the must have some sense of lucidity.

Why AP/OBEs should never be grouped with LDS, in my opinion, is because the experience of having a full OBE/AP, is completely different and a real eye opener. It is one of the single most fascinating things a person can experience. We say here often, or should I say I say here often that it is important to "passive observe" during one. But you must have a lot of restraint and mental control to be able to do that. That is learned though, through experience.

With a LD, you need to become aware you are having one to start with. You are already immersed in a NP scenario. This is when you can either stay with the scenario at hand, or abort it and change your intent to something new. Once again, that takes a lot of control to do, but it is in no way the same experience that on can get with all the signposts and exit signs of a full blown successful OBE, or conscious Phasing session and being completely aware the entire time throughout the experience.

I sent a friend to this Forum and he came to the conclusion, through reading recent comments here, that all he needs to do is to learn how to Dream and remember them again. He was confused why the Forum was called the Astral Pulse, when everything he was reading was based on Dreaming. I told him that unfortunately this Forum lost it's way and that he needs to go back in look at the stickies that were created here in the past. We talked about Astral Travel and OBEs back then. Very rarely did we speak about LDs. That made sense though. You don't need to teach people how to Dream. They already experience it many times nightly as it is.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Volgerle

Quote from: baro-san on June 25, 2018, 05:06:41
I also like Buhlman, and after I read his first book (Adventures Beyond the Body) I had my first obe in less than a week (true out of body experience, feeling how I was raising from the bed, my physical body still there, seeing my bedroom clearly although it was a pitch black night, floating through the walls, seeing the internal structure of the all, and more). BUhlman is a trained hypnotherapist, and even if he doesn't mention it in the book, his "techniques" are ultimately self hypnosis induction instructions.
I could have written this myself as it was also my story in late 2009. Except that it took me about 3 weeks or so  :wink:. But yes, Buhlman and his first book is the best recommendation also from me. It is so useful to get full blown OBEs with all the funny stuff you can experience while you have it (energetic experiences, seeing your body in bed from above, being helped out by nice and wonderful helper beings, then moving on to wonderful astral realms, etc.).  :-)