Xanth's Free 60 Page Book, “My Astral Projection Truth”

Previous topic - Next topic

Xanth

I'd like to make a request to anyone who's read my Phasing Primer.
I'd like to expand upon it a bit.

If anyone can let me know if any part of it was unclear or muddled to them?
If anything in it was confusing and needs a bit more clarification?

Post it here or PM me please.
It'd be of great appreciation.  :)

TravelingBull

WOW.... honestly read nearly 15 books on this art of phasing, gaining a little knowledge out of all of them to get something compact in my brain and heart about the process. Downloaded your PDF book and read it last night. BEST LAYMAN termed book yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It should be called PHASING for dummies!
Its well put together! really! wish i would have read this one first! two thumbs up!
Sing like its your last song
Dance like its your last dance
and LIVE like its your last day!

Xanth

Quote from: TravelingBull on July 12, 2011, 08:21:44
WOW.... honestly read nearly 15 books on this art of phasing, gaining a little knowledge out of all of them to get something compact in my brain and heart about the process. Downloaded your PDF book and read it last night. BEST LAYMAN termed book yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It should be called PHASING for dummies!
Its well put together! really! wish i would have read this one first! two thumbs up!
Thank ya TravelingBull!  That means a lot.

Do you have any suggestions for improvements?  I'm always looking for ways to make it as clear as possible.

TravelingBull

Quote from: Xanth on July 12, 2011, 09:02:35
Thank ya TravelingBull!  That means a lot.

Do you have any suggestions for improvements?  I'm always looking for ways to make it as clear as possible.
IMHO... the problem i was having is overloading! one book was 300 pages, I speed read... so I get the info faster than most but I have to get thru the GARBAGE to find the nuggets! Yours is straight forward... NUGGET AFTER NUGGET! You know I was still trying to fill in the gaps and was checking out CHakras... BLA BLA BLA! really for the newcomer in phasing... ITS PERFECT AND GREAT STUFF!
Just write an Advanced phasing next... or intermediate phasing... dont add to this! There is enough information here to get newbies OFF THE GROUND! (wink wink!)
just one readers opinion! but read a lot of DAMN books! and still didnt have the simplicity and straight forwardness I needed! Humans complicate things! Dont over think a perfect work. 

BlueHalcyon

Quote from: TravelingBull on July 12, 2011, 15:27:18

IMHO... the problem i was having is overloading! one book was 300 pages, I speed read... so I get the info faster than most but I have to get thru the GARBAGE to find the nuggets! Yours is straight forward... NUGGET AFTER NUGGET! You know I was still trying to fill in the gaps and was checking out CHakras... BLA BLA BLA! really for the newcomer in phasing... ITS PERFECT AND GREAT STUFF!
Just write an Advanced phasing next... or intermediate phasing... dont add to this! There is enough information here to get newbies OFF THE GROUND! (wink wink!)
just one readers opinion! but read a lot of DAMN books! and still didnt have the simplicity and straight forwardness I needed! Humans complicate things! Dont over think a perfect work. 

I agree completely. I'd try not to overwhelm newcomers with information or overcomplicate it like most people do. Like TravellingBull said, you could maybe add an 'advanced' section or something like that.
:-D :-D :-D
"Practice yourself, for heaven's sake, in little things, and thence proceed to greater."

TravelingBull

Here is what I read in this book (pdf) Phase made easy... Let go and focus!  U WILL PHASE SOON! I know this for fact!!!! Best Pdf for those who never have. I was a blind squirrel that found a nut! Found this book too late or would have phased earlier!

Phase made hard!... (not in Book and should not be!!!!!!!!!!! but needed info) Staying there! HOW TO TRAIN YOUR MIND to stay in phase before slipping back to body or LD! trust me it will happen faster than anyone likes at first! There is many factors as Ryan has stated in numerous posts... FEAR is a killer! Over excitement is a killer! Lack of sleep could cause an in and out phase results multiple times a night driving you crazy (dont know why for sure! I THINK OF IT AS A BATTERY THAT'S NOT FULLY CHARGED still looking into this but over sleep seems best!)!  Info in one nice package and straight forward like the primer PDF for those who have had an exit and want to get better results and more consistency on entering the Phase. I am rolling thru books finding the common factors to produce consistency in phasing, I have another 30 books too zoom thru... I will share my results!!!!!!! but a simplistic approach as Ryan has done with the Primer Stage WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! does anyone else need info on this? or just me?  

I had to modify this thought and reiterate... a Primer is just that!!!!!! it primes you to start your phase engine per se' !!!!!!!!!!!! for lift out! ITS PERFECT Ryan! It will do just that! You will phase with practice on what is written. Staying out.... GOOD LUCK!

Athymari

Amazing Xanth (just looked through your website also)!

I always had a hard time with conscious projection, only managed it once.

This sounds a lot more like me. Being an avid daydreamer it should suit me a lot more!

Perseu

Xanth, thank you very much for you effort explaining to us with a lot of details the Phasing method. Your reflexions are very valuable and I really liked very much your map of consciousness. I always thought that somehow what we call imagination IS the same as the "Astral Plane" and so, to use our imagination is the same as to open a "portal" to this other focus of experience. It was very nice to read your findings about this subject.

I would like to ask you something about the "to do" of the method: I understand and also saw in your book that the art to maintain focus on the practise of notice and/or the rundown is of the ultimate importance to this practise, since our mind cannot wander at will, or we risk ourselves to lose the entire practise. So, what is your opinion about the development of the skill "concentration" as a prime skill to facilitate and improve the Phasing as a whole?

I´m back with my practises of the noticing and the rundown exercises but at some point of the experience, I think when I´m transitioning from Focus 10 to Focus 12, I just fall asleep, no matter how hard I try to maintain my focus. This happens even when I sleep for some cycles than wake up (with or without an alarm) to Phase. Sometimes I think that if I concentrate more this could be bypassed, but in the other hand I fear that using a LOT of focus will make me stare to the blackness for hours without things happening, as we know this sometimes happens with some people. I think I just have to find the middle point... but this is my current conclusion. I would appreciate very much if you can give me some advice/hint about this subject.

Thanks!

Xanth

Quote from: Perseu on September 15, 2011, 07:17:49
Xanth, thank you very much for you effort explaining to us with a lot of details the Phasing method. Your reflexions are very valuable and I really liked very much your map of consciousness. I always thought that somehow what we call imagination IS the same as the "Astral Plane" and so, to use our imagination is the same as to open a "portal" to this other focus of experience. It was very nice to read your findings about this subject.
Oh it's not "my" map of consciousness.  I actually believe that you can't map consciousness... what the focus models are relevant towards is giving you a starting place to begin your own explorations.

QuoteI would like to ask you something about the "to do" of the method: I understand and also saw in your book that the art to maintain focus on the practise of notice and/or the rundown is of the ultimate importance to this practise, since our mind cannot wander at will, or we risk ourselves to lose the entire practise. So, what is your opinion about the development of the skill "concentration" as a prime skill to facilitate and improve the Phasing as a whole?
Well, "concentration" is what you're trying to build here.  These exercises *ARE* meditations.  So you're really to treat them as such... the goal of them is to focus your attention away from the physical and your physical body, and then hold that focus.  The "holding" part is concentration/focus/whatever.

Simply put, if you find you're getting interruptions in that holding process... then you need to keep plugging away at it until you can hold that focus for extended periods of time without slipping.  This, unfortunately, takes lots of practice.

QuoteI´m back with my practises of the noticing and the rundown exercises but at some point of the experience, I think when I´m transitioning from Focus 10 to Focus 12, I just fall asleep, no matter how hard I try to maintain my focus. This happens even when I sleep for some cycles than wake up (with or without an alarm) to Phase. Sometimes I think that if I concentrate more this could be bypassed, but in the other hand I fear that using a LOT of focus will make me stare to the blackness for hours without things happening, as we know this sometimes happens with some people. I think I just have to find the middle point... but this is my current conclusion. I would appreciate very much if you can give me some advice/hint about this subject.
Passive observation.
This goes back to your concentration question above... what's probably happening is that you're losing focus/concentration for a split second, or maybe longer before you notice that you're not "noticing" anymore.  In that time, you fall asleep.  As I said, it just takes time and practice to hold that focus for extended periods of time.  :)

You sound like you're learning fine though.  Keep it up!  :)

QuoteThanks!
You're very welcome.  :)

light487

@Xanth:
I've had your site reclassified by WebSense (a web filtering software used by many businesses to stop their employees going to sites they don't want them to) from "Social Networking" category to "Blogs". This won't affect your site.. but it means anyone who was being blocked by their work may now be able to access it freely.. hehe..

Also.. would you mind putting the PDF in my email box if I sent you my email address? I can't access it from here, for the same reason as above. Dropbox is categorised as "Personal Network and Storage", which is blocked.. :(

Xanth

Quote from: light487 on September 30, 2011, 01:20:57
@Xanth:
I've had your site reclassified by WebSense (a web filtering software used by many businesses to stop their employees going to sites they don't want them to) from "Social Networking" category to "Blogs". This won't affect your site.. but it means anyone who was being blocked by their work may now be able to access it freely.. hehe..
Oh thanks!  ^_^

QuoteAlso.. would you mind putting the PDF in my email box if I sent you my email address? I can't access it from here, for the same reason as above. Dropbox is categorised as "Personal Network and Storage", which is blocked.. :(
Sure!  Drop me an email at the one in my profile and I'll send it along.  :)

Lord_Dark_Forses

Shivers

Xanth, do you think any person capable of AP's would be able to successfully learn how to phase?

For many years I've only been able to AP while napping(my mind wakes up half way in the nap), but I've never been able to phase while fully conscious.  I am trying, but get as far as seeing flashes of lights,swirls and mist and that's it.  Recently when trying to phase, I actually saw an eye looking back at me.  Is this being on the right track?

dreamingod

Following Frank Kepple's instructions I learnt how to phase.
Initially I could only phase for short moments ~5minutes,
but after some practise my phasing experiences lasts longer and I can change scenes 3-4 times.
Two nights ago I phased for about 40 minutes before I lost awareness/recall.

Before I pursued phasing, I practised regular meditation, intended OOBEs at least twice per month (lack of opportunity due to having little ones)
and had almost nightly lucid dreaming with good recall.

From personal experiences, successful phasing occurs if you are sufficiently rested/ had enough sleep,
or else you may have short phasing experiences before losing awareness/recall.

We are spirit, expressing what we will.
We act out perSONAs on our stage of iMAGEination.
We are both the dreamer & the dream.
I think therefore I am.
I am consciousness & potentiality

Chris J.

I'm not Xanth, but I'm going to post my thoughts anyway.

Quote from: Shivers on January 27, 2012, 07:23:44
Xanth, do you think any person capable of AP's would be able to successfully learn how to phase?

First, I believe that phasing is a method of astral projection, so if one is capable of phasing, one is capable of astral projecting. Second, I think any person determined enough will be able to learn how to phase if they are willing to put in the time and effort necessary to learn the skill and to practice it.

For many years I've only been able to AP while napping(my mind wakes up half way in the nap), but I've never been able to phase while fully conscious.  I am trying, but get as far as seeing flashes of lights,swirls and mist and that's it.  Recently when trying to phase, I actually saw an eye looking back at me.  Is this being on the right track?

I can't say for sure about the lights/swirls/mist without knowing more details about your experience, but the eye sounds like hypnagogia/Focus 12. If so, you are definitely on the right track and should continue doing what you are doing. Just remember to be passively aware and to not react to the images and/or sounds.

Contenteo

Understand though, that all those ancient monks who spent a good portion of their time sitting around in basically seclusion and attempting to phase. We are talking about something that has be cut out for only masters for quite some time in human history. It is very possible to do on your lovely couch but it is far from easy.

There are a great deal more milestones that you hit with wake induced attempts. A more mature and deep F10 and F12 are musts. Much more control is needed to keep calm and continually disconnect yourself as you sink through F15. You can absolutely not think of anything relating to the physical at this point. This is so difficult. From my experience the Phase* specifically denotes the event that occurs around F21 bridge which involves you feeling like you are getting dragged upward, through your "Crown Chakra", accompanied by a "Whoooosh" sensation with very intense vibrations encompassing everything. Maintaining composure though events like this takes a boatload of practice. Nothing good comes easy.

Best of luck, I have faith in ya.

Cheers,
Contenteo

*Everything that occurs up to the "phase" in a conscious attempt is clustered into the term "Phasing". I like how Frank put it, something along the lines of "maintaining the sense of self through a conscious exit."

Shivers

Ahhh I must have been confused-misread what phasing involves somewhere down the line.
I actually thought phasing was a conscious attempt (with exercises to do) rather than waking from a sleep and being thrown into an Obe. 
So phasing is whatever is done/the lead up to an Obe.

Chris- I've been laying down, getting into a deep relaxation and just noticing.  The sights/objects start appearing once I've been noticing for a little while.

Xanth

You can "phase" in two ways... and ironically, these are really the only two "ways" to experience the non-physical...

1.  As you put it a "conscious attempt".  Meaning you go from a completely waking state and smoothly enter the non-physical without any break in your awareness.
2.  We'll call it a "non-conscious attempt".  This means you don't go into the non-physical smoothly, there's a break in your awareness.  You become aware WHILE in the non-physical.

#1 is the holy grail type experience that most people aim for... especially new people.  It's also the hardest.
#2 are the experiences that most people "shrug off" calling them "just a dream"... which to me is a HUGE mistake. 

Chris J.

Quote from: Shivers on February 02, 2012, 02:40:51
Chris- I've been laying down, getting into a deep relaxation and just noticing.  The sights/objects start appearing once I've been noticing for a little while.

It does sound like you are shifting into Focus 12 when this happens.

I still can't say for sure, though. The reason is that the muscles around your eyes might be tensing up and putting pressure on your eyes, causing you to see phosphenes. This can look similar to what you'll see when you begin shifting into Focus 12. Again, though, I will say that this does sound like you've shifted into Focus 12.

Shivers

Hi Chris,  no there's no pressure with my eyes/focusing too much, if I try to focus the images disappear.  For a few years(due to stress, depression and insomnia) I somehow trained myself to just allow my mind to go completely blank for extended periods of time(even good to do at work when you're having an awful day), so it was easy as well to completely relax my eyes and view whatever popped up.

Whatever the means of achieving an AP, Maybe in the end it doesn't really matter as long as people get there in the end :)

J Jack

Accurate, simple, and concise. Many thanks for putting this together Xanth.   

Spood

I'll give it a read and post my thoughts in a while.

Thank you!

Spood

Xanth, just read the entire thing without stoping.

I'm impressed, impressed and glad!
I've been using the noticing technique without reading about it and I always end up thinking "it feels good but whats the point? I need to climb a rope to phase!"

You destroyed some of my road bumps, that inner voice telling me I'm doing it wrong. That nagging analytical nerd inside my head. Next time I'll let go and just run with it.

Thank you for your work. I'll keep a look out on your homepage and I've followed you on fb.

All the best!

JeraldTa

Hello Xanth,

Thank for your free ebook . It was a lot of valuable information to me , especially you described exactly the "method" I had done over the past 1.5 years ; but I didn't putting much effort into understand the "science" behind it . For example , I used the "noticing" method to transit into non-physical awareness but with slightly different ways ... Sometimes I observe the image , sometimes I just simply lie there and observe ... me / or my body "falling" asleep ... I am just passively observing my body and there boom .... I notice I am not able to move and I can induce a Sleep Paralysis right away .. This happened all naturally to me (the Sleep Paralysis) ... the thing I really struggle is the "Separation Process" ... Before that , my mind treating the concept of "Separation Process" very strictly . I thought that in order to be able to really separated , once you got out of your body , you supposed to see YOUR REAL BEDROOM ... But whenever I opened my "non-physical eyes" , the bedroom I saw never was exactly my bedroom ... For example , different ceiling , different objects at different place in the scene I had ... Back then , whenever I saw something like that , I was completely discouraged to continue and just shut my eyes off , meant that I totally shut the whole experience ! What a waste ... But then my mind had opened a bit by reading posts on Dreamviews and chatting with a Psychic Friend who helped me realizing something alot ... But when I read your book , I immediately know what I am missing now .. Because in most of my Lucid Dream , I am sure that it wasn't a "astral projection experience" yet because my Lucidity just stopped at "morning coffee awareness!" .. I just know I am dreaming , I am able to create something out of the fly , but something felt missing .... Thank you for your tips and exercises , I will practice more and improve my awareness ! :)

But something I always struggle to ask is regarding the "Dream plane" and the "Astral Plane" .... To me the Dream Plane is not just "in your head" (people can access your Dream Plane too) , but it is a "lower plane" to the Astral Plane based on the level of Awareness ? Is this true ? :D

Thank you for your book ! Hope I could learn more in this wonderful website ! :D

---- Jerald Ta

Xanth

Quote from: JeraldTa on November 14, 2013, 18:41:15
But something I always struggle to ask is regarding the "Dream plane" and the "Astral Plane" .... To me the Dream Plane is not just "in your head" (people can access your Dream Plane too) , but it is a "lower plane" to the Astral Plane based on the level of Awareness ? Is this true ? :D
To me there is only consciousness... no higher or lower.  No "plane" this or "plane" that.
I don't recognize a "separate" dream plane from astral plane or whatever other planes people want to come up with.

I recognize that you're either "here" or "there".  Physical and non-physical are a matter of perspective only.
People have come up with too many rules or guidelines to explain their experiences that they've made a complete mess for themselves and have, in turn, made it really hard for beginners to learn to project.  It's a lot simpler than most people even realize... or even can allow themselves to admit.

None of these experiences we have is "in your head".  It's all experienced in consciousness...

I try to ask people to widen their grasp of what a "dream" is.  Most people hold a very narrow view of what a dream is... and if they were to really question their belief of what a dream is, they would find, a I did, that it's really based upon nothing at all.