21 December 2012 - Ironically my best experience

Previous topic - Next topic

keyangen

So looks like the world is still here and for me personally, the 21 December 2012 turned out to be a most positive day – I had by far the best out of body experience so far, and that's after months of nothing at all.

Before going to sleep, I meditated and also repeated affirmations to myself along the lines of, "I will wake up at night, realise I'm in bed, remain still, induce sleep paralysis and leave my body effortlessly." I repeated this long sentence slowly a good dozen times, focusing more on the content and understanding rather than the wording.

At night, my girlfriend had trouble sleeping and I woke up several times, going to the bathroom at least once. Then, at some point I was having a dream about falling asleep and I guess I became lucid, thinking, hey, this is my chance to project! I thought of somehow going into sleep paralysis but realised it's pointless as I could already leave my body without any effort. I dropped through the bed onto the floor, got up, tried the door, but couldn't get through it – it was "solid". I went for the window, walked right through the glass and fell three stories down onto the pavement, feeling absolutely great :)

I focused on my hands in an attempt to prolong the experience. They looked physical, but the texture of the skin was much more structured than in real life.

Then, for some reason the best thing I could think of was to go and disturb the traffic. So I ran onto the road and a cyclist had to dodge me – he was angry and even tried to slap me as he rode by. This was a fairly strange part of the experience and perhaps a bit more like a lucid dream – I don't believe any "real" conscious entities were involved.

I then felt like I was losing it, but instead I ended up on the other side of the house, with a crystal clear awareness. And it was... beautiful. The colours of everything were beyond words. I studied some tree and was amazed by the detail. It was nighttime and I looked at the stars. They were moving very fast across the sky and I thought they could be meteorites. Funnily enough I even remembered what date it was in the physical, and thought it would be somehow ironic if the world actually did end while I was out of body. Being a total disbeliever in this stuff, I immediately dismissed it and realised that the stars were moving so fast because time was "fast forwarding" and it was just the natural rotation of the Earth causing the perceived movement. The morning came in a matter of seconds. At that point I started floating in some direction and it all became dreamy. I floated above some "mushroom farm" and "mushroom exhibition" (those were culinary mushrooms mind you) – but it was a dream by this point. Woke up a little while later and wrote everything down.

Sorry for the longish post, I did abridge the account a lot.

As for what helped me induce the experience, I think there are several keypoints to note here: 1) reading this sort of stuff before sleep, 2) affirmations before sleep, 3) disturbed sleep. I think these three things together caused a vivid dream in which I remembered that I should stay still and try to project. And I even thanked my girlfriend for waking me up in the middle of the night :)

AstralCody

Congrats kayangen! and  :lol: at the bicyclist. I had a dress follow me once in an OBE... Just a dress. No body in it. I pushed it over and it just fell on the ground. Made absolutely no sense to me hehe.

I had vibrations and astral noise hit me this morning. I am off to go phase for a while and see what happens. Glad you had a great experience, keep it up. :- )

newmethod

Quote from: keyangen on December 21, 2012, 18:37:26
I dropped through the bed onto the floor, got up, tried the door, but couldn't get through it – it was "solid". I went for the window, walked right through the glass and fell three stories down onto the pavement, feeling absolutely great :)

It always amazes me what we are game do in an environment where we a fairly or fully lucid. Good thing it felt great and not hard...  :wink: