A Question For The Pros

Previous topic - Next topic

dpk38

From all those years of experience, you guys must have definitely encountered negs (be it thought forms or real). Could you please share how you guys dealt with the situation. Please give us some major tips. Managing such situations is of my dearest concern. Please help.
The answer to all questions is earnest self enquiry, "Who am I?"

Szaxx

Anything negative you encounter will only be a challenge that you CAN win. There's nothing to fear from the NP. In decades of experiences, nothing has overpowered me like the nonsense found on the internet. At times a difficult challenge presented itself, this I later found to be a test and a lesson.
Its thousands of times more dangerous crossing the road.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Xanth

Consider for a moment that all you are and everything you experience is "consciousness".
You are part of everything... everything is part of you.  This doesn't include JUST physical reality.

If you are everything and everything is you... then what is a "neg"?

BranStark

Quote from: Xanth on February 24, 2015, 00:15:35

If you are everything and everything is you... then what is a "neg"?
A negative aspect of yourself? Did I get it right? Did I get it right?!!! :-D

Anyway, assuming this is true, it doesn't mean it is necessarily harmless. For also in everyday lifea negative thought can do you a harm: first psychologically, then physically. And if you encounter a neg = your negative thoughts and your negative you in NP reality, it can harm you as well, although not physically, at least not primarily. It can affect you mentally if you are not ready for it. I believe many people considered mentally ill just couldn't handle a NP experience or cannot still handle an ongoing experience because they were mentally prepared and thus their illness. And that is why your state of mind decides if it is dangerous or not.

And about the physical damage... even Robert Monroe mentions physical effects of NP on this reality. I think it is always a matter of amount of energy you put into believing thing and thus materialising them. Let's not underestimate that.

And there is still a possibility it is not true. There is still much to understand and surely our perception of NP is wrong or incomplete. The question is: how much wrong and incomplete is it? My point being, until you know it for sure, you cannot say that nothing can happen to you there because you simply do not know. And you are mostly operating with a theory that is backed up with your own experiences and that is very plausible and I am inclined to think it is close to being spot on, yet it is just a theory and also just your own personal truth.

But there actually might be something sinister with an existence on its own and just because we do not believe in it does not make it non-existent.

Be it as it may, I am sure about one rule which applies all the time. That is the law of attraction. You cannot generate a dangerous situation if your mind is positive and thus you are safe.

Xanth

Quote from: BranStark on February 25, 2015, 20:08:45
A negative aspect of yourself? Did I get it right? Did I get it right?!!! :-D
Well, not necessarily of "you"...
You are everything and everything is you.  It could be an aspect of something else that isn't part of your illusion of your individualness.  :)

QuoteAnyway, assuming this is true, it doesn't mean it is necessarily harmless. For also in everyday lifea negative thought can do you a harm: first psychologically, then physically. And if you encounter a neg = your negative thoughts and your negative you in NP reality, it can harm you as well, although not physically, at least not primarily. It can affect you mentally if you are not ready for it. I believe many people considered mentally ill just couldn't handle a NP experience or cannot still handle an ongoing experience because they were mentally prepared and thus their illness. And that is why your state of mind decides if it is dangerous or not.

And about the physical damage... even Robert Monroe mentions physical effects of NP on this reality. I think it is always a matter of amount of energy you put into believing thing and thus materialising them. Let's not underestimate that.

And there is still a possibility it is not true. There is still much to understand and surely our perception of NP is wrong or incomplete. The question is: how much wrong and incomplete is it? My point being, until you know it for sure, you cannot say that nothing can happen to you there because you simply do not know. And you are mostly operating with a theory that is backed up with your own experiences and that is very plausible and I am inclined to think it is close to being spot on, yet it is just a theory and also just your own personal truth.

But there actually might be something sinister with an existence on its own and just because we do not believe in it does not make it non-existent.

Be it as it may, I am sure about one rule which applies all the time. That is the law of attraction. You cannot generate a dangerous situation if your mind is positive and thus you are safe.
That's a "physical-based" perception.  That's the thought that you're this physical, meat-based being who is separate from everything with your own identity and psychology.
There is no physical or psychological... that's part of the illusion.  You're consciousness, because everything is simply an extension of you and you an extension of it... it's all, ultimately, 100% harmless.  You come from consciousness, and at the end of the day, you'll go back to consciousness.  You are that which is attacking you.

It's like taking a glass of water... there's nothing you can do to the water to harm it.  You can freeze it, boil it, turn it into vapour... your consciousness is like water in that way. 
If you boil the water... you are the water... you are the heat... you are the fire... you are the container the water is in... are you everything.  So what's there to hurt?

The only "potential" harm is that your spiritual development is delayed, because you've chosen to take a Fear-based perception into yourself.  ONLY delayed, never stopped.  Your spiritual development CAN be stopped though... although the only thing with the power to do that is yourself.  Nobody else has that power, that makes it a choice.  A non-permanent choice, thankfully.

dpk38

[quote author=Xanth link=topic=45606.msg355435#msg355435

If you boil the water... you are the water... you are the heat... you are the fire... you are the container the water is in... are you everything.  So what's there to hurt?
[/quote]
Thanks for opening my mind. Really grateful...
The answer to all questions is earnest self enquiry, "Who am I?"

Szaxx

I like your last comment Bran, it could easily explain away the inherent safety I'm now used to.
What some people would call negs have been experienced, all they do is trouble you. That's just it, trouble you, nothing more. Having fears and beliefs may exacerbate and feed the cycle of the terror until the practitioner either gives in or fights back. Fighting back removes the fear, giving in isn't an option, it'd make you too scared to sleep thus leading to physical world interaction.
Please note physical world.
It's this where things are misleading. Being one with everything and being an individual are two complete opposites. As we exist in our mind is consciousness, its very difficult for an individual to accept the oneness without experiencing it. You are your own consciousness you are the whole environment you are in. The grass, the metals and even the electrical processes around you. You become the next guy and all their thoughts are yours, you know their life as if it was your own. This encompasses everything in the universe, all controlled by thought. One thing you start to understand is these represented negs are only thoughts of others in as much as what they see them to be from reading about them. If they had experience being them the result could be better explained in a physical world context as, ' a wasp is only doing what a wasp is supposed to do'.
Think about things that way and you'll see so much more.
As my signature indicates, close your eyes and open your mind to really see.
Seeing is believing, your eyes are only a piece of this.

Bluefirephoenix

dpk its one thing to understand this but another to burn yourself and not feel pain.... about as far as I've gone with that illusion breaking is getting rid of a headache and sore back.

Xanth

Quote from: Bluefirephoenix on February 26, 2015, 09:33:47
dpk its one thing to understand this but another to burn yourself and not feel pain.... about as far as I've gone with that illusion breaking is getting rid of a headache and sore back.
Now THAT is the truth.  :)

Thankfully, pain is only a temporary state.  hehe
Anyway, you need to have some kind of feedback to tell you to not touch a hot burner... from a physical perspective, it's not a good thing to do.  :)

Basically, Bran, what I'm getting at here is that I don't believe in "negs" anymore.  Not in any way, shape or form.  There isn't much out there that is objective.  People like Robert Bruce do nothing but feed the fear... most likely, in my opinion, to keep his bank roll flowing.

soarin12

Quote from: Szaxx on February 23, 2015, 23:53:41
At times a difficult challenge presented itself, this I later found to be a test and a lesson.

It's been the same for me too.  After the fact I've always been grateful for the experience.  It's a great feeling to be able to conquer situations with your mind.  You're all the wiser in the end.

Bluefirephoenix

I've never run into a neg that I didn't generate. I eventually learned to see that and dissipate them. Now I have to deal with more subtle shadows and their effect on my life. It's an intensive study of how belief affects my life.  Maybe if we all believe together we can make the winter dissipate a little earlier this year.

Szaxx

floriferous

Quote from: Szaxx on February 27, 2015, 11:32:25
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/post1537.html?hilit=the%20darkness#p1537

This may be a neg, it was interesting though.

Perhaps the children need retrieving first. Maybe then there would be no fear for it to feed off. It doesn't really sound like a place the children should be even if it wasn't there.

BranStark

Quote from: Xanth on February 25, 2015, 21:29:25
Well, not necessarily of "you"...
You are everything and everything is you.  It could be an aspect of something else that isn't part of your illusion of your individualness.  :)
That's a "physical-based" perception.  That's the thought that you're this physical, meat-based being who is separate from everything with your own identity and psychology.
There is no physical or psychological... that's part of the illusion.  You're consciousness, because everything is simply an extension of you and you an extension of it... it's all, ultimately, 100% harmless.  You come from consciousness, and at the end of the day, you'll go back to consciousness.  You are that which is attacking you.

It's like taking a glass of water... there's nothing you can do to the water to harm it.  You can freeze it, boil it, turn it into vapour... your consciousness is like water in that way. 

Not quite. I am well beyond thinking I am just my body. Yet I do have it while experiencing this physical reality. And if it gets hurt, then I also get hurt. Not in let's say wider reality, but just in this physical one. When I finally die in here, there is going to be no trace of it, but for the time I am still living in physical, it can be pretty bad.

About getting hurt psychologically... well I see you don't like this expression and I understand it. After all, it is not quite accurate but it is a term people usually use. And sometimes I kinda forget who I am talking with here... people who unlike most of others think outside of the physical box and suddenly common words describing physical matters (ie psychological) don't apply anymore. :-D And then there is Xanth, constantly and unwaveringly working on tearing apart labels which we put on stuff. LOL :-D But don't worry, I know it is just a label and I take it as such.

So let's call it our true self, soul, our consciousness or whatever else you prefer. After all, it is just another label, isn't it? :wink: Anyway, I will set an example. You astral project... suddenly, you are jumped on by negs. Now, let's not bother with arguing whether they are real or not. If you are a person not quite ready for that kind of encounter, perhaps someone who has never experienced anything like this before, it might scare you badly and thus affect you later on. Especially if you are physically oriented and not believing what you just went through. You might create some strange belief systems which will drive you mad or you cen get mad straight away. Because you couldn't cope with your astral experience. And as some testimonilas from the retrievals, NDEs etc. suggest that these belief systems might drag on until after you have died here and create a very unpleasant after-death environment in which you can get stuck. You might not call it a process in which you get hurt but still... a physical life full of mental illness treatment and a very painful transition after death seem s like a big deal to me. I know, it sounds like the really worst case scenario but... can it not happen?

Quote from: Xanth on February 25, 2015, 21:29:25

The only "potential" harm is that your spiritual development is delayed, because you've chosen to take a Fear-based perception into yourself.  ONLY delayed, never stopped.  Your spiritual development CAN be stopped though... although the only thing with the power to do that is yourself.  Nobody else has that power, that makes it a choice.  A non-permanent choice, thankfully.

You would be right if all the things you believe in were to apply. After all, the potential situation I described in the above article can be also a described as just a delay (in my opinion, it can still be painful, though). I am not implying that your beliefs are wrong. In fact, they make a lot of sense and I am inclined to think you might be just about right. I am all for the collective consciousness and it is undoubtedly this way as all the combined evidence of people involved in "spiritual" matters shows.
Yet you cannot be so sure about nothing being able to hurt you. I commend you for putting down labels and belief systems of people on this forum. It is actually very helpful to us all. But I cannot help it but to think that you have created a belief system of your own (and you people keep saying belief systems are no good) saying there are no bad things out there. It might be correct just as well it might be not. Surely this attitude is extremely helpful in the way that you are extremely unlikely to run into trouble. You believe there is nothing bad, you create a reality where there is nothing bad. Manifestation. Very good. But... This doesn't mean that you are the onlycreator of what the consciousness looks like. There is always this distinct possibility that the universe is even more complex than that and that we cannot know if everything adds up perfectly just as we imagine the way the universe works. We just cannot know until we join the consciousness and maybe even then we will find out we don't know as this consciusness might be just a part of yet another consciousness above it. What about that? :-D LOL

And even if everything adds up perfectly, there might be something amiss. Imagine a theoretical situation when some entity  became dissociated from the consciousness becuase it created a belief system for itself and it got stuck in it. Now it cannot find its way back to consciousness and as it is baffled by what is going on, it is now attacking other beings (perhaps draining energy out of them, wishing them ill or whatever). And since this being is currently independent from the consciousness, it has its own will and it manifests events on its own. And when it manifests a situation where it wants someone else to be hurt, maybe it can happen even though the being that is being hurt didn't manifest a situation in which it gets hurt. It is then a matter of whose will and therefore manifestation is stronger, I guess? And even though I understand that this state of one being hurting other and a being being hurt is not permanent as eventually these beings eventually unite with the consciousness, it can still be a very significantly painful process. That is the risk of getting hurt I am talking about.

Simply put, we cannot know. And before we know we should be open to all possibilities. Just thinking one way doesn't make it so 100% as my above theoretical example is trying to show. So I think the most important thing is keeping a strong will and a positive attitude to eliminate all risks. But then I guess these potential risks are not something we should be worried too much about as I also think nothing like permanent damnation is included. LOL :-D

BTW: Wow, I had no idea I wa going to make this post so long, sorry for that. I just felt like writing and writing... and writing. :-D Sorry.

BranStark

Quote from: Szaxx on February 26, 2015, 06:19:41
I like your last comment Bran, it could easily explain away the inherent safety I'm now used to.
What some people would call negs have been experienced, all they do is trouble you. That's just it, trouble you, nothing more. Having fears and beliefs may exacerbate and feed the cycle of the terror until the practitioner either gives in or fights back. Fighting back removes the fear, giving in isn't an option, it'd make you too scared to sleep thus leading to physical world interaction.
Please note physical world.
It's this where things are misleading. Being one with everything and being an individual are two complete opposites. As we exist in our mind is consciousness, its very difficult for an individual to accept the oneness without experiencing it. You are your own consciousness you are the whole environment you are in. The grass, the metals and even the electrical processes around you. You become the next guy and all their thoughts are yours, you know their life as if it was your own. This encompasses everything in the universe, all controlled by thought. One thing you start to understand is these represented negs are only thoughts of others in as much as what they see them to be from reading about them. If they had experience being them the result could be better explained in a physical world context as, ' a wasp is only doing what a wasp is supposed to do'.
Think about things that way and you'll see so much more.
As my signature indicates, close your eyes and open your mind to really see.
Seeing is believing, your eyes are only a piece of this.

Yeah, thank you. Lots of post you guys make are helping me a lot in looking at things in a different way. I totally agree negs can (almost always) be explained away as a creation of your mind, your manifestation. Yet, are they all just the same kind? I know I can imagine non-existent friends. But are my friends and all the people on Earth in this physical realm my creation as well? What about you, Szaxx? Have you also been created by a manifestation done by myself? I understand that in a way, everyone else than me is me just as much as I am me. But I think it has to do with one consciousness being broken into different parts temporarily, to experience this reality in an unique way, perhaps in order to re-discover itself once again. But I don't think it is a matter of simple imagination. It may be possible off course (But then, why am I wasting so much time interacting with products of my own mind?  :-D ), but I am not inclined to think so. And the same thing applies, I think, to other beings in other realities than this physical one, be it loving or malevolent ones. Thay may and thay may not be real, although more often than not they are not real.

Xanth

Bran, there's very little I can disagree with in your big post above.  :) 

Let me explain one concept though... the stuff I talk about and attempt to teach on this forum isn't a "belief" to me.  It's information which I've come to either through direct personal experience, or through logical thought related to my own direct experience.  Someone on the outside looking in would very well see it as a "just a belief" of Xanth's, but to me, it's not a belief, it's a known.  It's a Truth.  It's MY Truth (although, not to be confused with THE Truth).  I speak with absolution regarding my perspective only because I refuse to disparage my perspective just to satiate somebody else's ego (of whom might have a contrary perspective/belief), which is all that you're doing when you start a statement with "In my perspective...".  I do it sometimes, I don't do it other times.  Regardless, it *IS* just my opinion I share... none of it is THE Truth.  It's only MY Truth.

However, with all that said and done, that's not to say I'm closed to alternative perspectives.  If someone was to provide some solid evidence to support a position, I'd be more than willing to entertain it.  I'm NOT 100% stoic in my perspective... more like 99.99%.  ;)

So is it a belief system?  Sure is.  There's nothing you can think, do, feel, etc... that isn't a belief system.  For myself, what I share though is what I consider to be an anti-belief system.  It's the tearing down of modern belief systems (the labels we use) in an attempt to get people to think for themselves, to think OUTSIDE the box of the labels.  It might feel like at times that I'm trying to get people to think my way, but I'm not.  Why?  Because the labels plainly don't fit, yet people have spent decades trying to put their square belief in a round hole only having to end up shoving and hammering it in to make it fit.  I try to tell you that you don't have to do that... you can allow the experience to be as it is.  For me, it's all about getting you to QUESTION what you think you know to be true... mostly because what most people think to be true is something they've never experienced themselves, they're only parroting.

In one of the slides Tom Campbell shows regarding meditation (it applies to Projections too), he says:  Don't judge quality or value of experimental events - just let them be as they are - record everything as an impartial disinterested data taker.

That's the action of allowing your experience to be as it is.  It's the act of letting go of the labels and allowing it to be whatever it is.  Whatever that may be.   It's about not forcing your square experience into a round label.  :)  It's about opening your mind to the potential of reality and consciousness as a whole, not separated into neat little boxes that simply don't fit and if people began to actually question experiences and those labels they would find exactly what I have:  They don't fit.

Szaxx

We and everything that we know as physical is no more than a thought creation from a higher source. If you've ever been one with all you'll understand so much more. To say we are but children fits the bill so well.
With only a few chemical elements you can create many different items. Each has its own characteristics and reactions.
All are made of the same few elements.
If disassociated into individual parts. You only see the same elements in all.

astralp

To answer your question.  During an astral projection, when you encounter a "neg", just realize it is a projection of your own consciousness.  Stop, find it in your head, there will be a distinct feeling of fear from this "neg".  Now drop the fear and take control of your own mind.  The entity should disappear or become friendly or change demeanor  or run off or something along those lines. 

Whatever you feel in those realities, becomes a reality.  If your afraid you will encounter "negs", if you are confident and strong, you will have a great time.   
"turf off your mind relax and float down stream.  it is not dying."-The Beatles