Astral City - drab and mundane

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Man

(AP - 7:30 am)

I was underwater and picked up a gun from the bottom.  I looked inside and could see a white fish was in there.  I moved a piece of the gun slowly to get the fish out.  It seemed like this was the home for the fish.  I than started firing the gun.  I adjusted something on the gun and fired again.   This seemed to adjust the fire rate.  I finally decided I was underwater long enough and was looking for the surface.  I wasn't having any trouble breathing but went to the top.  I came out onto a sidewalk and was in a city.  I looked down and was barefoot.  There were pieces of copper wire on the sidewalk so I tried to manifest shoes.  Nothing happened so I just started walking.  The streets were bustling with people.  Off in the distance I could see large downtown buildings.  I tried to be closer to the large buildings by moving my focus but nothing happened so I started walking around.  There was a lot of concrete everywhere.  I didn't see any vehicles or any greenery and everything just looked a little drab.  I was reading all the different signs outside the shops and was trying to remember what they said.  (Didn't bring that info back).  There were vending or bank type machines out on the street.  People were walking everywhere just going about their lives.  I walked past one street where there seemed to be a flood.  People just walked around it.  I came across one spot that looked like a ramp heading up to another level.  There was a wall of water coming down in front of it but you could see thru.  The sign said you needed to have a helmet if entering this area.  (This was the only sign I remember what it said).  Looked like a few workers wearing hazmat suits at this location.  I turned around and kept walking.  I was thinking I could spend days wandering around here exploring and was thinking that this may only be a few minutes in my AP.  I Started thinking about this and how other members here on the Astral Pulse have spent days or even much longer in their AP's and than I awoke. 

Note:  I have had a few of these kind of drab and mundane type of AP's where I seem to be in some type of astral city.  It felt like it was some type of consensus environment.  I feel now that had I entered the ramp thru the wall of water I may have entered a new environment.

The question I have is:  Are you able to manifest/manipulate in these types of environments?  I tried to create myself a pair of shoes and tried to move my focus closer to the downtown buildings I saw but I had no effect in this environment.  I don't have a lot of experience yet in these environments so was just wondering if I am bound to the rules in those environments or do I just need more practice?
The Adventure Continues...

Lumaza

Quote from: T-Man on March 15, 2021, 15:07:31
The question I have is:  Are you able to manifest/manipulate in these types of environments?  I tried to create myself a pair of shoes and tried to move my focus closer to the downtown buildings I saw but I had no effect in this environment.  I don't have a lot of experience yet in these environments so was just wondering if I am bound to the rules in those environments or do I just need more practice?
I have come across many areas where "thought=action" does not apply. Why? Because we are not supposed to there. Your lesson was in the "NP awareness" that you experienced. Had you been able to change everything at will, you wouldn't have been able to see what was being shown to you. At the time, you were bound by the "physical ruleset" of that area of consciousness. Judging by your comments, the "lesson" was learned. Kudos for that!  :-)

i have had experiences in the past wherein I felt like I was living a lifetime. I even saw not only the people around me, but myself as well and the environment around me aging and changing with time. I wrote about one of those experiences here on the Astral Pulse Forums. You can find Szaxx's "New Jericho" and Escape Velocity's "Fieldtrip" adventure at this link, as well as a brief description of my "lifetime" experience.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/any_major_time_distorted_alternative_realities-t47828.0.html;msg372835#msg372835
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

T-Man

Thanks Lumaza,

Your explanation makes sense.  Sometimes it's hard to see what the lesson was until someone else points it out.  I always wonder why my experience ended and what I did wrong but I guess sometimes if your lesson is learned than you no longer need to be there! 

Thanks for the link you posted.  I have read thru those previously but it was great to read them again.  These were some of the posts that I thought of while I was pondering the question during my experience.  I had remembered people experiencing very long time frames during their AP's.   :-)

LightBeam

Quote from: T-Man on March 15, 2021, 15:07:31
(AP - 7:30 am)

The question I have is:  Are you able to manifest/manipulate in these types of environments?  I tried to create myself a pair of shoes and tried to move my focus closer to the downtown buildings I saw but I had no effect in this environment.  I don't have a lot of experience yet in these environments so was just wondering if I am bound to the rules in those environments or do I just need more practice?

Hi T-Man, this is very common, at least from what I have read by others and a bunch of my own experiences. Several times, I have been taken to well established looking cities and when I tried changing the environment I got kicked out of it. One time I was kicked out of a beautiful castle court yard  because I wanted to change the tower to be with a pointy top and then in a split second I found myself ion a field way outside of the castle walls. Then I realized that the residence have agreed to live in this type f collectively created environment and any changes must be aggreged by all of them. I was welcomed to explore, I interacted with a few people but this looked like very well organized establishment and there were some energy rules that applied. The Astral worlds are not at all free of rules and we have all experienced energy limitations in one form or another. That's why entities with certain destructive thoughts simply can not just go and destroy establishments simply  because they have power. It doesn't work that way. They can destroy within their own raw energy environment but they will be the ones living within the destruction. No one else can be harmed by this type of behavior because your thoughts and beliefs limit where you can go and what can you do. Or, your thoughts and beliefs can also open many doors of where you can go and what can you do.
In addition, characters don't only form in the slow realities line the physical. On the contrary, the spirit after physical death holds onto the character and may decide to go and join other established worlds and societies that exist in a higher level. They can decide to join many societies and establishments as they discover that they are no longer limited by the physical laws. Being thrilled that there is no pain and suffering anymore, the spirits in character may decide to travel from place to place, explore, create, co-create with other spirit/characters and continue to learn. The multiverse has endless possibilities and set ups for the spirits never ending journeys.

In regards to length of experience, I have not experienced great lengths. From my perception the longest was two days and it was funny because during my AP in the Buckingham Palace (posted here some time ago), I was given my own room as a guest of the palace and as I was going to bed there, I was thinking to myself, well that's that, I probably will wake up in the Physical. But to my surprise, what felt like real sleep I woke up in the morning, opened my eyes and I could not believe it. I was still in my guest room in the palace. I screamed out of excitement and I was like, wow, am I dead, is my physical body ok since I have been here for so long and even thinking of it I am not snapping back. But then that concern went away fast and I got a few more hours of interactions and a tea time with the Queen.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

EscapeVelocity

T-Man,
I think that this is a very significant experience and a good indicator of your advancement to your present awareness. You recognized certain conditions on both conscious and subconscious levels. Well done!

You were presented with an underwater environment and you did not panic with the breathing issue. Breathing underwater is a huge first challenge and you passed it almost dismissively... Wow...nice... You dealt with the gun and white fish issue which may have been a subtle final challenge to your underwater challenge...and you handled that very well...adjusting the gun was also adjusting your awareness?...maybe an idea to consider...

Maybe "being bound by the rule-set" which I used to think of kind of sacrosanct...is actually where we move from the "Personal NP into the General or Community NP"...so we are still in the NP but there are certain, slightly tighter "reality" constraints...

Drab and mundane usually indicates that you should not pay attention here...this is an indication to move your attention elsewhere.

In your latest experience, you noticed many instances of this.

I will sit back and wait for your comment..

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

T-Man

LB,

Thanks for your comments.  I can certainly understand how some beings/entities could have mischievous thoughts and wanting to do things in environments that may be destructive.  I think I was just testing the 'waters' so to speak...no pun intended due to starting off the AP underwater...ha ha!  I think I felt I needed to fit into the environment and didn't want to be walking around the busy streets with no shoes.  Also I was trying to figure out my navigational skills by moving my focus around but ended up having to walk.  I do remember your experience sleeping in the castle and waking up still there.  I think I would have definitely woken up in my physical bed.

EV,

I always enjoy your thoughts as you definitely make me think about things I hadn't considered in my experiences!  I think I was aware almost instantly as this experience started.  I was confused about the meaning of the fish but after Lumaza's comments about my NP awareness things are making more sense.  I believe the fish was there at the beginning just to let me know that I was underwater.  Once this was in my awareness I thought about the breathing but knew I was AP'ing and had no concerns about where I was.  I hadn't any clue as to why there was a gun.  I think your insights about it relating to my awareness was spot on.  The first time I fired it underwater the gun was slower and after I made an adjustment the gun was firing faster.  It was at this point I had the feeling that it was time to surface even though it had nothing to do with breathing or being out of breath.  It was just time to move on.

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on March 15, 2021, 22:49:49
Maybe "being bound by the rule-set" which I used to think of kind of sacrosanct...is actually where we move from the "Personal NP into the General or Community NP"...so we are still in the NP but there are certain, slightly tighter "reality" constraints...

I think you are correct with this statement.  I have only had very limited experiences being in the General or Community NP.  Most have definitely felt like they were in the Personal Zone for me.  Having this 'being bound by the rule-set' allows me to adjust to the new environments without getting into trouble.  I would never have thought about this.

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on March 15, 2021, 22:49:49
Drab and mundane usually indicates that you should not pay attention here...this is an indication to move your attention elsewhere.

Yes, this drab and mundane environment had nothing standing out that caught my attention.  The only thing I thought that I maybe missed was the ramp leading up to a different level which had a wall of water blocking it.  I do remember the sign about needing a helmet to enter this area but at the time I felt like I needed to follow the rules of my environment.  I had no helmet so I was restricted.  Just like I couldn't manifest shoes and I couldn't navigate by changing my focus.  It definitely felt like I was restricted from doing much.

This very boring AP had more to offer me than I originally thought.  

Thanks all!  :-)

Nameless

A little late here but you got great input from all above. I'll just say I agree with everything said. These drab boring places are often our best teachers.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

T-Man

Nameless, it's never too late to stop in.  I was at first reluctant to post this AP as it seemed rather unimportant as nothing really happened but I was glad I did.  After everyone's comments I was able to make more sense of it and the pieces are falling into place.  It also provides me with a yardstick of where I am with my progress.  Prior to this I really had no idea.  Also, I had a dream last-night that seems to verify the conclusions from my AP. 

Non Lucid Dream - I was being granted greater computer access at work which would also allow me video calls directly with patients.  I was just waiting for my manager to sign off on this. 
(Since I work in Healthcare, the 'patients' for me refers to the public.  This corresponds with being granted public access in the NP as soon as the higher ups sign off on this access). 

Lumaza

Quote from: T-Man on March 16, 2021, 16:56:05
Nameless, it's never too late to stop in.  I was at first reluctant to post this AP as it seemed rather unimportant as nothing really happened but I was glad I did.
This is where many people go wrong. They expect that if it isn't a "climbing out of the body" full blown OBE mind blowing Fantasm, as in the real meaning of those letters (OBE), that what they experienced is in some way a failure, unimportant and minimal. The thing they don't understand is that there seems to be steps of progression with all of this. You really need to learn to walk before you run there. The fact that you are becoming consciously aware, period and reacting according is something to be commended for. This is when you learn to "navigate" your surroundings, as you are just beginning to do. Grounding yourself to a scene is very important to prolong it.  8-)

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Nameless

Thanks T-Man. I think we all have exp. we are reluctant to post. And I imagine we all keep some stuff back. So just follow your own instincts.

Again I do agree with Lumaza people do tend to expect every experience to be mind blowing. That really isn't how it works. There is so much to learn and do that one type experience simply can not cover all the lessons. Other than OBEs there is a whole litany of physical and non-physical experiences to absorb. And then toss in those serendipitous moments that bring us to new understandings.

As a side thought I do wonder how often we show up as mindless zombies to others.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

shineling

I think those drab and mundane places in our dreams is just reality saying... Here I am! I am real place! It's Truth because those are probably real places out there in the astral. If it was our dreams manifesting I'm sure manipulation of the environment would be possible. Sometimes the world of the mundane and our dreams gets mixed. Sometimes they stay far apart. I remember reading Chogyam Trungpa and he said "If you are bored, it means your're in Reality." and "If you're not bored, there's something wrong." hehe
"Unbinding the limits on our Soul is man's truest quest."

T-Man

shineling,

Yes, this place felt mundane but very real and could have been Any town, USA. 

Just wanted to clear up any misconceptions that people may have had about my comments regarding my experience.  I was only describing the environment I found myself in as drab and mundane.  The concrete, lack of greenery was the drab part.  The people walking about, ignoring a flooded street and just walking around it felt like they were living mundane lives.  It was a 'Feel' I got.  These comments had no reflection on how I felt about the experience itself.  I was very happy to be there and would have loved to stay awhile and just explore!  It felt more real than any LD I have ever had.  I wasn't expecting the AP to involve Fairy's, leprechauns and unicorns...LOL!  I was only reluctant to sharing as it felt 'Uneventful' because I wasn't able to do much and I thought maybe I missed something and the experience was terminated.  I was a little confused on the experience but everyone here posting their comments helped me understand the underlying purpose...So thanks again to all!  Much appreciated. 

Kodemaster

Your AP reminds me a lot of my early APs in feeling and structure. More than a LD but left feeling questioning what happened after I woke up. I wonder our unconscious experiences are on a continuum or spectrum: Dream --> Lucid Dream --> OBE or AP

Adding: the subjects in your experience are very similar to my recurring dreams I have experienced for the past 5 years. Cities, buildings, walking around shoe-less, malls, cafés, hotels, tranport and feeling stressed. In your experience and mine, I wonder if the meaning is symbolic, representing some kind of longing, maybe related to trauma.

A shoeless traveler trying fruitlessly to navigate makes me think of someone feeling frustrated with their direction life, longing for more fun doing something new which feels out of reach.
JenX
Choose empathy. It costs nothing.
Curious about #Welsh? https://www.youtube.com/@JenXOfficialEDM Learn with us!