last nights experience.. someone offering me sweeties..mmm

Previous topic - Next topic

Gandalf

I had quite a wide range of experiences last night... once again i woke up (ie went lucid) again but this time my awareness was about 95%..about the highest yet, allthough still not the full 100% which makes a BIG difference!

I was able to control my enviroment to a much greater degree this time... eg it was too dark outside so I made the sun come out and so on.. even although i seemed to be in the RTZ i tend to focus away from it slightly so I can modify certain features... you have to be careful doing that however, in case you fade out of it completly.

This happened.. my awareness dropped and the next thing I appeared on a hill somewhere and hey...another one of those guys I seem to know but cant remember from where turned up!

As i tried to remember where I knew him from I noticed his face changing.. he turned into one of my mates, Brian, so i said 'hey Brian', and the guy smiled.. but i felt this wasnt him as I figured out that what was going on was that since I was mentally going through a list of who this person might be, my perception of his face was changing to match... so now any liklihood of me seeing his 'actual' face was lost... the way he appeared the first time i saw him was the most accurate since i didnt have any expectations at that point.. only afterwards.. so a handy lesson there about allowing your perception to colour your experiences.

Anyway, this guy obviously realised i started having problems because right away he produced a bag of sweets and offered me one, which i thought was a really bizarre act.. i took one and he seemed happy but then a thought entered my mind about pervs who offer sweets to kids.. right away his demeaner altered and he turned really sleezy! (i know, my warped mind!)
at this point i ended the experience as I realised my control was out the window.

It was only afterwards that i remembered that a common tactic when coming across confused individuals in the 'astral', is to offer them sweets, a drink or whatever, in order to establish some kind of friendly dialogue..
however i never thought that this tactic would end up being used on me!!

Anyway.. it appears that the tactic backfired on this occasions due to my awareness level.. once again, waking up from dream level awareness shows its limitations!

Doug
"It is to Scotland that we look for our idea of civilisation." -- Voltaire.

Novice

Sorry Doug, I had never heard of the 'sweets offering' before. Can you elaborate a bit on that? When you first described it, I thought it was meant to pull you into a higher awareness to converse in a friendly manner. But then you ended the description with a negative comment. So I'm now confused. Is the friendly dialogue you describe a hoax or something?

Sorry if this is really basic or something. But I haven't experienced this or heard of this before.

Thanks!
Reality is what you perceive it to be.

Nay

QuoteAs i tried to remember where I knew him from I noticed his face changing.. he turned into one of my mates, Brian, so i said 'hey Brian', and the guy smiled.. but i felt this wasnt him

Hey Tay!  This has happened to me on many occasions.  I could always tell when it wasn't the person they were trying to portray.  When it first started happening I would just wake myself up or go somewhere else, but then one time I was having a bit of hanky panky with what I thought to be my hubby.  I realized it after a couple of minutes and said... "you are not him" and it just totally melted right out from under me.   Weird, weird, weird.. :P  

Nay

Gandalf

Novice... you are right in that i ended the description with a slightly negative point.. but this is nothing to do with the guy himself.... the negative aspect was that I was allowing my own thought processes to alter my perception..
You got it exactly right when you interprete the 'gift-giving' tactic as a way to raise awareness and enter friendly dialogue... i have no doubt that this was what the intention was here (yes this is a common tactic to use by people), the problem was that my mind got in the way and all it took was a fleeting thought from me about 'pervs' to change my perception of the situation..
when i say 'perv' all i mean is that the act of offering a bag of sweets just remined me slightly of when i was at school and teachers said never take sweets from a stranger!... thats all. it was just a passing thought of my old school days.. at no point did I actually think he WAS a perv.. my problem is that a simple thought can alter my perception... i would really like to know how to keep thought processes under control so they don't 'leak out' into the enviroment, while still allowing me to think propely.

Doug
"It is to Scotland that we look for our idea of civilisation." -- Voltaire.