I can't stop thinking of negative things when I try to meditate and project

Previous topic - Next topic

FateBender

It's been bugging me for a while, and it win't go away despite me being aware of it and reason for its existence. I have been wrongly conditioned by various forum threads and comments to expect something to jump at me the moment I enter the astral plane. I know that there's literally NOTHING to be afraid of, yet I always think that when I leave my body there will be devil standing or something like that.... What should I do?? I try to stay calm and think of positive things, I try to not think at all, I try to focus on my breathing - everything. You name it. It doesn't work. The said thoughts always creep in. What should I do?? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Xanth

Unfortunately, this is something you have to work through yourself.  Courage is the only thing that can beat this.

soarin12

Do you project at night or in daylight hrs.?  I used to have bad fear problems but I found I've never once had any issues when I project in the morning after sunrise.  Just something about the light, I guess.  :-)

soarin12

Also, some food for thought.  When people have problems with recurring nightmares, becoming lucid is the technique they are taught to *overcome* the problem.  As soon as you turn lucid you have the power to stop the demon in it's tracks, make it disappear, blow it up, or whatever.  Now take your situation.  You're probably not afraid of your regular dreams, right?  But the thought of becoming lucid in them is making you afraid- making you feel powerless, when the opposite should be true.  Lucidity is power.  It's your projection.  Take command of it in any way you see fit.  Even if you find yourself in a scene that is not as thought responsive, you can still shift scenes on command.  Just say 'new scene' and imagine everything going black.  Or you could spin around once or twice. (instant scene change)   

Another thing that helped me gain perspective was first (like you did) looking at the spiritual projection forums where everyone was scared of everything.  They took what they saw literally, and saw demons around every corner.  Then I read the lucid dreaming forums. - Completely different mind set there.  These people aren't afraid of anything.  Reason being is that most of them believe that it's all a creation of their brains.  Who would be afraid of that?  It would be silly to.  Most of them are spontaneously combusting their characters for fun.  They project all the time and are in complete control.  So you've got two groups of projectors - one running scared, one conquering... lends perspective.

Now I don't take the view of either one of these groups.  I don't mistake my thought forms for demons and I also don't believe it's all in my brain.  I show respect and love for those I meet - I don't blow them up for fun.  I project for spiritual growth, and because I expect to meet spirit guides and God consciousness, I do.  Although I look at things differently than some others, I found it helpful to look at their approaches.  Projection will be there for anyone, their mindset determining what they get out of it. 

Thinking along these lines really helped knock the fears out of me.  Hope it helps you too!   :-)

floriferous

Might sound corny but a lot of people melt fear with love. Maybe worth doing some heart centric meditations that open your heart space. Or perhaps hemi-sync gateway wave I track called release and recharge aimed at removing fears and the emotions associated with such fears.

Bluefirephoenix

Also watch your mental diet. What are you watching and reading. Is it positive? If your going around on the news sites around on the internet it's not a very healthy mental diet.

Xanth

FateBender

Quote from: soarin12 on January 30, 2015, 05:22:53
Do you project at night or in daylight hrs.?  I used to have bad fear problems but I found I've never once had any issues when I project in the morning after sunrise.  Just something about the light, I guess.  :-)

Thanks for answering. Yeah I try to do it during the day an I'm much more relaxed, but whenever ANY kind of thought, whether it be good or bad, creeps in, I lose the focus and ruin the whole process. I avoid doing it night, but almost every night I get woken up by the sensations. It's like a blatant sign that I NEED to stop thinking of those silly things and do what I have to do.

FateBender

Quote from: Bluefirephoenix on January 30, 2015, 11:48:34
Also watch your mental diet. What are you watching and reading. Is it positive? If your going around on the news sites around on the internet it's not a very healthy mental diet.

The only type of external information I get are books, videos (nothing negative, I just like to watch different car videos and reviews, as well as fitness ones), and **OCCASIONAL** series (game of thrones etc). I haven't watched actual TV in years.
The only type of books I read are self-development ones, the ones addressing self esteem, ego etc. I also read some books about Marketing and fitness.  Little to no fiction at all. Currently I'm reading "My Big Toe" trilogy by Tom Campbell (almost finished first book)  and it made me realise how much I'm limiting my potential for growth because of fear which has no apparent reason to be present whatsoever..

Lucidityman

Hi

Why don't you do the opposite?. Maybe look foreward to fear, If I were to see the devil out of body, I would run up to it and touch it, just to see what happens. The thing is you can be aware of your negative thought, that's fine the brain does thing after all.. so instead of trying to distance your self from the negative thought, why not embrace it, confront it, show the brain that what is negative in your thought is actually not negative at all. I am trying to say that until you confront your fears, what ever they are in life or obe, you will always have a fear or a negative thought because the brain tends to wonder about stuff that you have not answered yet. The brain loves to think and snowball effect.