Astral Projecion Question

Previous topic - Next topic

cgreene32

I have been reading about Astral Projection for a month or so now. I've read countless amount of techniques, methods, histories, personal stories and I've listened to a number of binaural beat tracks and guided meditations. I'd come close before, but I had never actually separated from my body.

This morning, I woke up around 9:00 to have my entire body vibrating. I knew what was happening, and was able to just lift myself out with ease. But here's where it gets funky- I couldn't see a thing. t was like I could feel myself out of my body and floating in the air, but I couldn't actually see around the room. In an attempt to open my "Astral eyes", I ended up opening my physical eyes, and found myself in my body and staring at my wall. What in the world happened here? I had it, but then I was connected back to my body so quick that it felt like nothing at all. And why was I unable to see anything when I separated?

Any information helps. That was my first OBE, in case that helps. Thanks!

Simo

I know how it is,It's not always easy to achieve,it's mostly by luck for me  :lol:
Who am I is not important...My message is...

Xanth

Projecting into darkness can happen.
You could have just not had any non-physical sight yet... or you could have projected into a void.

Try yelling "Clarity now!" or something to that effect when out and see if that improves your situation.  :)

manwesulimo2004

I've never consciously separated from my body so I can't speak from experience but I've read a lot about "astral blindness" occurring when projecting to the RTZ. I think the blindness fades as you get farther from your body so maybe you could try to feel your way out of the room first and then open your eyes if you still can't see.

Under_the_Midnight_Sun

from personal experience it seems like when my astral body is close to the physical body my sight kind of gets distorted. As soon as I project out i quickly move away from the body. After about 20 feet it seems like my sight normalizes.

Xanth

Quote from: Under_the_Midnight_Sun on February 09, 2011, 14:54:24
from personal experience it seems like when my astral body is close to the physical body my sight kind of gets distorted. As soon as I project out i quickly move away from the body. After about 20 feet it seems like my sight normalizes.
I remember reading a great "belief construct" explanation on why that is... I forget what it was now though.  >_<
I wish I remembered where it was I read it, but it made absolute sense.  LoL

jub jub

Don't feel bad. My first experience with vibrations was the same way. I felt like I was moving up, but I had no sight. Later in life, there was another occasion when I felt the vibrations, this time I kept telling myself "up...up...up" and next thing I know, I was on the ceiling.

I think it's just the luck of the draw.
"A moral being is one who is capable of reflecting on his past actions and their motives - approving of some and disapproving of others"  -  Charles Darwin

Killa Rican

It's common with beginners. I remember starting out feeling out of my body but i was in pitch darkness the entire time. That will go away in time, as your 'brain' adjusts to the new dimension.
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice. ~Joseph Dunninger