Astral Projection, Subconscious, and Dreaming

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse4

I've projected several times over the last several months and although my exits seem very real—so real that I sometimes think I must be physically getting up—my experiences after my exits often seem to be intermingled with either dreaming or subconscious weird stuff thrown in. I always exit out of my bed and then either end up in a room that I don't recognize or I fly off to a place that I don't recognize. Sometimes the place is very earthlike with normal activities going on; and other times the place is like a fun house in a carnival, and those times, I think to myself, must be some kind of dreaming intermingled with my projection. Or maybe I am bringing some subconscious things into my projection—for example, I put on nail polish the day before and then in my projection I happen to have nail polish on, but it's not the right color and it's on my fingernails instead of my toenails where it is in "real" life. Or I look back to the bed I got out of and instead of seeing myself, I see someone in bed that I don't recognize, and it is usually not totally human looking...usually more like a mannequin or plastic looking person. Is this common? Does anyone have any advice on what is happening here?

MarsZM

I can relate to your experiences so much. We seem to have very similar experiences. You summed everything up perfectly for me. It's something I have been trying to explain to others for quite some time. I hear so many experiences from others that seem so grounded and stable. I usually end up being thrown into some fun house reality. Back when I was having severe eye problems I had a OBE and i looked in a mirror and I had a black eye and bolts around them. I looked like Frankenstein. I have had a couple of obes that were very solid and seemed just as real as this place but most are very very unstable. I often get tossed into random worlds and if i ask for source to talk to me or a being to have a conversation with I am always alone. Often times my tattoos are scrambled in different places on my body than they are in this reality. Other times it's just as real as this place and everything is just like my physical body. It's very hard to tell what's going on sometimes. I have learned though at first to keep your obes very short until you get advanced. It seems the longer an obe lasts the more weird and more dream material bleeds through and before you know it you lose awareness. I have had several obes that felt like a mix of a projection, random dream thought stuff, subconscious, and even stuff i am feeling from my physical body at the same time. I can totally relate to the real exits. Sometimes I think I am getting out of bed with my physical body. But after that it's usually like a funhouse reality and nothing makes sense at all. Very different from most people I hear talk about their experiences. Cool to hear I am not alone. Good luck!
John Kody, ere :) love from new york area