Astral Trea's Gateway Experience Log

Previous topic - Next topic

Astral-Trea

Hey folks.. Hope this is a good place to create this thread so I can post my experience with the Gateway Experience.  Have been slowly progressing through it and am just about to start the Freedom part which I think is Wave 3. At this point, I have been in F12 a few times but Robert Monroe has been just using 10 to create some tools in the last few sessions.

I have had a few interesting things happen while in F12 but nothing too crazy.. I will post some later. To be honest, so far I don't really feel much of a difference between F10 and F12 so I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or am not deep enough or what. Basically, he just says to count from 10-12 to get to F12.

I do find myself so relaxed that my mind tends to begin to wonder away from what I should be doing but I am able to pull it back to the task at hand. But its the same as when i am falling asleep when you start to have random thoughts and pre dream imagery of things that just make no sense and you ask.. Why would I be thinking of this.

I have not fallin asleep yet during any of the exercises though so thats a good thing I suppose.

Maybe I am correct in assuming things don't start getting too interesting until F15?

DanishGuy

Hi Astral-Trea,

I have been to focus 12 one time with the aid of hemi-sync (Journeys out of body, condition C). I experienced a crystallic like background of the darkness that I think is called #D-blackness by some and I also had thought manifistation as I was waking up from trance (a feeling of a presence and seeing a monster fading away as I left trance).
For me focus 10 is a state of relaxation that is very different form focus 12. For me focus 10 is a mountain that is very hard to get over to come to focus 12, because I normally only get to a certain dept (or height in focus 10).
Focus 12 feels very different I would say with my very limited experience. I feels like you have more or less projected in focus 12...
I would really like to know a way to get more to focus 12/3D blackness - Does anybody know? - then again I do not know if my definition of focus 12 is correct.

Regards

DanishGuy

Xanth

My identified differences between focus 10 and focus 12 are the visuals.
At focus 10 I'm still looking at whatever the normal field of view is with eyes closed.
At focus 12, those visuals shift significantly to a much more dynamic, shifting view of blacks and grays with added depth.

There's also a significant "feeling" shift associated with it... but I don't think I can describe it as it's too subjective per individual to be of any use.  Just recognize that you'll "feel" a shift of some kind in some way unique to you.

I wouldn't call Focus 12 a point of projection yet... it's what occurs AFTER that, which is what I would consider projection.
To get to that point, there's nothing you can do to FORCE the shift further... you have to simply allow it to happen.  Allow yourself to fall off the cliff.  :)

Also, one last thing... these "focus levels" aren't linear.  You'll most likely by-pass Focus 15 entirely... you can also jump directly from Focus 1 to Focus 12 without hitting Focus 10.  Well it's not that you don't hit Focus 10, it's that it can go by rather quickly.  So don't get too caught up on a linear progression, as it just doesn't happen that way.  Also, don't get too caught up in these Focus levels at all really.  They're one man's subjective map of a subjective experience.  They really only apply to Robert Monroe... understanding why that is is the next step though.  :)

For now, they're a fine "guide"... they're just not a "rule".

Astralzombie

I've never bothered to learn anything about Monroe's focus levels because my interests don't lie in mapping out the astral or NP since I feel it isn't really possible to do.

With that said, I read something everyday where people report how much it has helped them so I would never discourage anyone from trying to understand his focus levels. He was a brilliant man and I'm sure that there really is something to what he describes as levels but I had already been projecting for too long when I first heard of them to find any personal use of them. :-)
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Astral-Trea

Thanks guys... Now that you mention it... i have noticed a sort of 3D in the blackness when I pay attention. I also see the particles and colors moving around but they arent new to me cause as a child.. i saw theextremely often.. Lke everytime I closed my eyes or was in the dark but in adult life, they have disappeared so its good to see them again. I have not seen any distinct forms exactly except for once.

There was a time after I did one of these exercises when I went to sleep. At some point in the night... I saw the back of my eye lids.. Im not sure if i was awake or not maybe half and half... I focused on the distance and saw two eyes moving towards me. The eyes formed into an Owl and kept getting closer. The owl came fully into view and stopped slightly to the left of the center of my field of visions. (Eyes still closed)

This owl... Looked mechanical and just looked at me but didnt move. It also looked sort of greyish blue.. Not in color. I decided to shift my eyeballs to the right.. To see if the owl stayed in place or if it tracked with my vision. Sure enough, it stayed in place which i found odd. I then opened my eyes and could see my bedroom in the same bluish grey, ghostly tint as the owl.. And the owl was still there. At one point, i wasnt sure if my eyes were open or closed cause regardless, i could still see. I dont know if this was me opening my astral eyes but it was a pretty cool experience.. Then the mechanical owl disappeared and everything went back to normal. Krep in mind this wasnt actually during a session so it was sort of spontanious.

The other thing I will post about is during a session about a week ago.. I was in Focus 12 just relaxing and I felt very distinctly, something crawling on my bare chest. I thought, ok this isnt real and i should just go with it.. I swear it felt so real i could feel the legs of some sort of bug i thought, walking up me. I tried to ignore if but i thought, "ok if this IS real, this thing is gonna go up my nose, in my ear, or in my mouth which was hanging open" so i broke focus and slapped my chest with my hand where i felt it. Opened my eyes, and of course there was nothing there.. DARN IT... IT FOOLED ME! lol

Lionheart

Quote from: Astral-Trea on February 13, 2014, 12:10:24
The other thing I will post about is during a session about a week ago.. I was in Focus 12 just relaxing and I felt very distinctly, something crawling on my bare chest. I thought, ok this isnt real and i should just go with it.. I swear it felt so real i could feel the legs of some sort of bug i thought, walking up me. I tried to ignore if but i thought, "ok if this IS real, this thing is gonna go up my nose, in my ear, or in my mouth which was hanging open" so i broke focus and slapped my chest with my hand where i felt it. Opened my eyes, and of course there was nothing there.. DARN IT... IT FOOLED ME! lol
Do you see how quickly something can manifest here?

It first starts with an itch, but then you keep your focus there and think it might be something else, like a bug. The next thing you know you are experiencing a creepy crawly bug climbing up your chest.

The funny thing is the more you try to ignore, the more focus you are actually putting on it.

I find that our minds sometimes display a bad sense of humor sometimes when it comes to "checking" whether the body is asleep or not!   :wink: