Bible of knowledge about the 3D Blackness

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurece

Thank you for your reply MJ-12.

If anyone else has experience(s) with the 3D Blackness I---and I'm sure other newbies---would love to hear them.  

Just as I did with Frank's post, because the 3D Blackness is a SOMEWHAT common experience---or at least not a totally uncommon experience--- hopefully someone(s), someday will read posts in this thread and say, "Hey!, I've been there!!"...or "Hey!, I've seen that too!!"  

Take care and God bless....

Laurece

Thing

nice topic! but maybe you should explain what you are talking about to new people

Laurece

Hi Thing and thanks for the reply,

I'm not sure what the 3D Blackness is.  That's why I'm trying to find as much info as possible about it.

Nearly every reference I've seen to it says something like, "....and then I went to the 3D Blackness and from there I [went]...."  

Like I said in the original post, it's almost always mentioned in passing with very little description or more information about it.  Yet, nearly everyone refers to it as "the" 3D Blackness....not "a" 3D Blackness.  This implies a familiarity with that "place" and the ability to go to that same "place" repeatedly.  

In a nutshell, all I know about it is that it's a place where there's still (almost nothing[?] but) blackness, yet this blackness is much more 3D than the typical blackness you see behind your closed eyelids.  
References to it allude that it's a something like a central hub where you can go to other places (or levels?) in the astral.

I'm hoping to find others who have experienced it and are willing to shed some clarifying light on the subject for the rest of us.

Laurece

Thing

oh cool! never been there hehe, hope that someone else knows something about this.

JAW

Would you decribe 3d blackness as looking (visually) 3d, as in you can see objects with 3 dimensions, or the blackness "feels" 3d, like youre inside it? If the latter, how do you know its 3d when its black, with no reference points? Unless it is just a "feeling" thing.

Ive seen some pretty 3d looking things (always faces actually), which usually turn around or "move towards me" or open their mouths, turn their heads, etc.

I almost always just get swirling colours, bands of light that come up from below and pass "over my head" and glowing orbs of lights/strobing lights, etc.

About 5-10-15 minutes through meditating Ill usually go from "just looking at my eyelids" to feeling like Im looking into a much larger space, but its never felt like a huge event, and I dunno if Id call it 3d blackness either.

Cheers :)
When you ask why some event happened, the only true and complete answer is "The Universe", because if any part of the Universe had been different, things would have happened differently - Eliezer S. Yudkowsky

Laurece

Hi JAW,

From my experience and the other brief accounts I've read, the 3D Blackness is distinctly three dimensional.  

It both looked and felt very 3D.  It feels real like you're wide awake and actually standing there.  I've never left my body, so I can only imagine that this realness is what the rest of the astral looks/feels like once you're out there.

It leaps out at you how very 3D it is compared to hypnogogic imagery etc. and anything else you've visualized/experienced in F10 or F12.  It the same amount of difference between imagining a scene behind your closed eyelids and then opening your eyes and seeing it in real life.  

I only saw it for a few seconds so I really didn't have time to explore or examine it.  Because I saw it so briefly, I probably wouldn't have taken such great note of it except for:  1) It was sooo distinctly different than anything I'd "seen" before, and 2) I'd ran across references to the 3D Blackness before and felt the other writers had to be referring to this "place.".....and 3) I'd already been inexplicably seeing the F10 and F12 digits in those black stylized fonts for so long, and then the figures in that 3D Blackness were drawn in that exact same outlined font, and then later on it dawned on me that Monroe's OBE picture-symbol on the Gateway albums was also drawn in this same, odd "font."

As a side note, I got the impression that something about this style of "font" or "drawing" had some particular astral significance.  I got this impression when I couldn't stop seeing the focus 10 and 12 digits in it....and long before I saw/experienced the 3D Blackness figures or discovered that Monroe's OBE-symbol was also drawn in it.  Perhaps the "hidden" significance of this font style is why Monroe---from all his extensive astal experiences ---chose to draw his OBE-symbol with it??

Laurece

schrotty

Laurece

Hi Schrotty,

Thank you for that link.  I liked that it was written by Bruce himself.  That's exactly the type of information I was hoping for.  It corrolates with the little bit of other information I've been able to find about the subject.  

It would be nice to find people's personal experiences with the 3D Blackness as well...

Laurece

Insanity

Hi Laurece, pls read my experience in "any help would be mostly appreciated topic". It stroke me that you also saw those two white figures. That's EXACTLY what I saw only my figure was red!!!
I'd love to know what that whole thing means. In my experience (to answer your questions) I saw the first (white) light while fully awake but (I forgot to mention) having the first symptoms of an OBE, and the second during OBE, fully aware of my astral body, being in that 3D blackness as you call it...
Also to answer another of your questions, I saw no stars, although I had the feeling of 'space', only the lights, and especially in my recent experience there was a particular DISTANCE I had to cover to get there.
And a question from my part: 'did you receive any feelings from those figures, like I did?'
It's nice to know I'm not the only one seing weird things :p (just kidding) Be well :)

Mike17

Hi Laurece

Well i am 17 so naturally my mind wonders alot, i started practicing progresssive relaxation using the Mind awake/Body asleep method, and on my third try i experianced the 3d blackness, if u are interested this is xactly what i did

1. tenced and relaxed all my muscles 5 times each from head to toe
2. try to count to fifty in breathes if u can keep focused and not lose count then go on
3. repeat mind awake body asleep untill u feel it nescerry to stop.
4. focus on the blackness in front of you, it will appear to hae some sort of depth,

I hope this works, on a side note everytime it has happened i ahev fallen asleep not to long afterwards and everytime i have had at least 3 false awakenings

Nick

Hi Laurece,

When you have a chance visit our Welcome to Permanent Astral Topics forum. That forum was created to have a location for certain "sticky" topics that we thought had a recurring value or benefit. A number of these "sticky" topics cover the areas you ask about quite thoroughly. I would invite you to read through the following particular threads:

Gateway Wave 1 pointers
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1832

Achieving Consciousness State for Astral Phasing
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2315

Phasing Methods
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2315

The above threads contain excellent and thorough information on such things as Monroe's focus levels, states of mind, 3D blackness, and experiences while in the astral.

Perhaps after reading through these threads you will have had some questions answered, and possibly new and different questions as well. [;)]

Very best,
Nick
"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

ShamanW

Umm, sorry if this question is stupid

But if have no idea what you people are talking about, all this focus stuff [?]

Could someone please explain what this is?
Because i'm think i'm interested [8D]

Nick

Originally posted by ShamanW:

quote:
Umm, sorry if this question is stupid

But if have no idea what you people are talking about, all this focus stuff

Could someone please explain what this is?
Because i'm think i'm interested

For a good idea of what focus levels is all about, read through the links I posted above. Basically, these levels were described by Robert Monroe.

Focus levels comes out of Robert Monroe's later work where he moved from the traditional obe to phasing. His later books: Far Journeys and Ultimate Journey are relevant here. Also, Monroe put together his Gateway tapes (and later cds) wherein the term Focus Levels are described as, for example, C-1 (the physical realm), Focus 10 (mind-awake/body-asleep state), and Focus 12 (what Monroe calls a state of expanded awareness) where colors, shapes, sounds, and mental pictures both still and moving may appear.

The next level Monroe writes about (see Glossary in Ultimate Journey is Focus 15 "another step in the phase relationship" with more attention in the nonphysical realms. Next, Focus 21, which Monroe describes as "the equivalent of deep (delta) sleep in ordinary physical life activity. However, the mind is fully 'awake' and conscious, directing the action."

Beyond the above are the lower realms of the Belief System Territories (BST), such as Focus levels 24, 25 & 26. Then, beyond the BST there is Focus 27, a label Monroe placed for that astral level where decent people would go and gather after the physical body expires. It is also referred to as "the park" because its parklike appearance caused it to be named that by Monroe.

Very best,
Nick
"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Laurece

Very briefly....  After a certain point in my practices, when Monroe would say to "visualize the number 10 and you'll be in Focus 10", I would clearly see the digits as thin, black, 2D, stylized font appx. 1 ft. high.  The digits were outlined in bright white where their shadows would be if the digits were 3 dimensional.  

When I worked my way up to F12, those digits also appeared in the same white-shadowed font.  There was no prompting for me to begin seeing the digits that way, and after a time, it got annoying.  As a matter of fact, after a point I got so bored with having them appear that I "imagined up" fragile little end tables drawn in that same black font for them to sit on.  :)

I can occasionally visualize a vertical, man's-body-sized "tube" in some of my blackness scenes.  Whenever I do, I try to enter the tube and will myself to go up it (to somewhere "more advanced" or "higher").  I was listening to Gateway CD #2 track 2 (Problem Solving, which is Focus 12) when I got bored with nothing but blackness and tried to go up a tube I'd visualized.

Where I ended up, there were whorls of red "clouds" puffing and whorling out of the blackness.  This cleared enough for me to see two animated human figures drawn in white outlines (as if drawn with quick strokes of White Out).   The figures were drawn in the same stylized "font" as the numbers I'd long been seeing when Monroe says to mentally see the number 10 or 12.  I could see the blackness through the transparent, outlined bodies.  The stars of the unviverse were the background to the scene as if it was happening in deep outer space.  The scene only lasted seconds.  Back at C1 I immediately KNEW that I'd just briefly and unwittingly gone to the to the "3D Blackness."  Even though---except for out two outlined bodies---there was nothing but blackness, this blackness was BY FAR the most (and only) 3D thing I'd ever seen in any of my "scenes."  

That style of "white outlining" in the numbers and in the 3D Blackness animated figures was soooo darned familiar!. Days later I placed it.  On the cover of  Gateway albums 3 through 7 (but not on 1 and 2...hmmmm**) is the stylized figure of a "ghostly"-type astral projecting body.  Numbers, outlined figures, and Gateway symbol were all drawn in that same stylized "font"!! (or very close to it).  

**Albums 1 and 2 are pre-OBE.  The OBE exercises begin on album 3.  How coincidental that that "font" symbol only starts appearing on the albums after #2.  Btw, I just noticed that it's not on the first 2 albums tonight (which is months after the incident about the 3D blackness described in this post).

A few days later I nearly fell out of my chair when I ran across a post by Frank where he vaguely described the blackness, whorls and the outlines.  He said this is at F12.  See post  http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1647 .....The Brain Method...page 3.

I want to stress that I've never left my body while listening to the Gateway CDs.  Whatever level I had been thinking was F12 was noticably different than F10.  I'd felt I was in F12 many times before I had this 3D Blackness experience.  If (at least for some people) the 3D Blackness is a somewhat familiar sign post that they're in F12, it makes me wonder if the only time I was ever actually in F12 was that one time when I saw those outlined figures.  If the 3D Blackness is at a level above F12, then I'm onto something in using my primitive tube/tunnel to whisk myself up to more advanced levels (or at least up to F12?).

I've become VERY interested in everything to do with the 3D Blackness.  Most references to it are almost in passing while discussing another subject.  After reading everything on Google and the forums that remotely allude to it I've found that---depending on the writer---the 3D blackness is on F12...or F21 or F27.

My questions to anyone who happens to read this and who has experience with the 3D Blackness (pick any oneS that you'd like to respond to).....

1.  At what focus level do *you* find the 3D Blackness?  It seems to be different for everyone.  I'd like to try and pin it down once and for all.
2.  How did you first run across it?
3.  Do you encounter it regularly?
3.  Was achieving that 3D Blackness "milestone" a stepping stone to "bigger and better" things in the astral?
4.  I've read a few brief mentions alluding that the 3D Blackness seems to be a sort of like the central hub from which you can go anywhere in the astral.  Has this been your experience?
5.  Is it always the same, or does it change sometimes?  That is, it is always an outer space scene with the stars in the background?
6.  Now here's the kicker....  Can you go to the 3D Blackness (if that's where I actually was) without actually leaving your body?  I'm fairly positive the answer is "NO!"....but I just had to ask anyway. :)

I'm open to the possibility of this having been a lucid dream (hmmmm)....but I "went(?)" to a place Frank described as being on the astral....and I went there before reading his description of it.

Astral experiences are different each time and for each person, yet the 3D Blackness---and "The Park"...on F27?---seem to be a relatively commonly shared experiences, "sign posts", "places" or "levels."   I'm sure that other AP newbies like myself would appreciate a long thread dedicated to everyone's experiences (aka educational input) with either of these subjects.   I'll start a Bible Knowledge of the Park thread when I get to that level....lol

Thanks for listening (and replying!).

Laurece

[:D][:D]