Blast From the Past!

Previous topic - Next topic

Lionheart

For the last 3 or so months I have been in some kind of nightly "Astral School'. It hasn't been the setting of a classroom and I haven't seen any Teachers per say, but there has been a whole lot of learning and teaching going on.

Last night I had a reprieve from my constant "teachings".

I found myself in a nightclub, the band was just about to go on and I was just becoming fully consciously aware.

All of a sudden I hear "Ladies and Gentlemen, VAN HALEN". I am like what  :-o, Van Halen in a nightclub. Okay, time to enjoy myself. The concert was awesome. I used to love Van Halen in my youth.

Well, Eddie is now doing a solo and everyone in the crowd has there "air guitars" out, lol. I always laugh at that "air guitar" thing, but to each their own. I am sitting their moving just moving my fingers to Eddie's finger picking. He starts to get closer now, He nods to some guy offstage and the guy brings a Electric Acoustic/Semi Acoustic Guitar to Eddie. He walks right up to me and hands it to me, telling me to jam with him.

I don't know how to play guitar, but now I have one in my hands or at least I didn't think I knew how to play. I started finger picking and doing a solo as well. I couldn't believe it. Like I said I don't know how to play guitar. I wanted to learn in my youth. But I am left handed and that is twice as hard to learn. I also didn't have the time. Ok, here comes the truth, enough excuses, I didn't have the patience or will to learn.

So after my mini solo, Eddie invites me up on stage with him and to jam on "Atomic Punk". What an awesome feeling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m-DYM7JvMA

I then return my seat and then I hear "5150" yelled out and who comes out next Sammy Hagar. When the concert first began, David Lee Roth was the vocalist. Now that Sammy was out, they went into all the songs done in the era of "Van Hagar" (a nickname given to the band because of Sammy's presence).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxHAN6JIkNo

Overall it was a great "blast from the past" and a fantastic adventure. They played all the great songs from both "eras". There were no real lessons learned here, just some good ole rock and roll enjoyment.

One thing I did notice was that I must have been much younger because my friends were as well. I never really see myself in these NPR adventures, so it's really hard to judge my age.

Just a side note, I have never seen Van Halen play live, other than some old videos from MTV years ago. But they were awesome. David and Sammy are both great "Front men/Show men!

Szaxx

It's good to have an enjoyable 'time out' from the NP norm. A spirit lifter for sure. The air guitar thing... I'd rather play a real one. I'd need some practice first though lol. A trip down memory lane, could it have been better?  on stage with Eddie, probably not.
Ok on not seeing yourself within an experience too. My last one ' the dirty City', I was a weak 19 year old. Not really impressed with that but it did fit the scene well.
Previous to this would take some thinking.
Funs over,  back to school as your enlightenment awaits. :-D
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Stillwater

That is pretty funny Lion. If you recall a few months back... I met Astral Bruce Springsteen, and he held a concert... in a classroom no less, lol.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Sixx

cool van halen they were one of my favourite bands too ,
sammy hagar was pretty good

I had a acdc ld dream once, well one song, for those about to rock, the sound was clear as clear
never been to see them though.
after the song I walked out onto the street and a few ppl  asked for my autograph,  :-o

Volgerle

Cool experience.

So far I never had a lucid rock concert experience. But lots in dreams.

Recently, in one Neal Peart of Rush (a former idol for me in drumming, well, at least back then when I was in my twens...) invited me to join him in drumming.

We did not do it on stage but he jumped down and joined me in the audience bringing his set with him (dream physics, you know...). He also handed me a key then which had a specific personal meaning, because I 'recognised' it indeed.

Lionheart

Once again, another adventure that we all seem to have shared in one way or another!  :-)

I'm sure there are many more that we haven't yet spoken about here that we have shared as well.  :wink:

Lionheart

Quote from: Volgerle on December 19, 2013, 14:18:12
Cool experience.

So far I never had a lucid rock concert experience. But lots in dreams.

Recently, in one Neal Peart of Rush (a former idol for me in drumming, well, at least back then when I was in my twens...) invited me to join him in drumming.

We did not do it on stage but he jumped down and joined me in the audience bringing his set with him (dream physics, you know...). He also handed me a key then which had a specific personal meaning, because I 'recognised' it indeed.
Neil Peart, wow, he's the man!  :-) His style of Percussion brought in a whole new generation of Music.

AC/DC showed you what you could really do with only 3 chords.

...and Bruce Springsteen, well they didn't call him "the Boss" for nothing!  :wink: