Can someone explain this experience for me?

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdeadevil

This morning I was in that funny state between being asleep and being awake and going back into a dream was really easy. So I successfully induced what I assumed was a lucid dream, and I was in this tower with one of them windows you see in churches, it had a square missing so I could have jumped out if I wanted to. I was perfectly lucid, but then something happened, I started to get symptoms of an astral projection and this happens sometimes in my lucid dreams so I just let it happen because my body has learnt to enjoy the feeling, and then I started to float and I could control if I was going upwards or downwards. Afterwards I started to float out the window because I wanted to, but I forgot what happened after because, well that's what dreams do! I also had an aim though which was quite interesting, I remembered that for a while in real life I've been wanting to astral project to a friend and tell him something I couldn't possibly know in real life. I didn't get round to it but it was cool that I remembered the aim.

After when I woke up, the same thing happened but I completely forgot what happened in that lucid dream. And then afterwards, I had my arm resting over my eyes in bed because it was comfortable, and I started to phase into a lucid dream again but this time I saw a loading bar in the middle of my vision with a background video of someone drinking a pint of something alcoholic, and for some reason I knew that this meant it was checking if I'd been drinking before I had an OBE. This happened three more times but with different areas of my health, I forgot what they were, but afterwards I started to get a mass load of energy in my ears and I started going into sleep paralysis, my ears were really itching though so I shook it off. After that, my mind instantly woke up more and I couldn't get back into the phase.

So can anyone explain what the hell happened? Haha, I've never gotten a security check to see if I'm in good enough condition for an astral projection.

Greytraveller

Hallo Jdeadevil
Before I posit my (new) theory let me just review what happened to you.
First you became lucid during a dream in a tower. Then the LD 'transitioned' into an OBE or AP. After that you woke up in RL. And then went back to sleep into a lucid dream.
Is this basically correct or did I miss something??
My question is about the second LD, when you saw the loading bar ---  was any of this particular experience in your room?? or were you in another location?? I ask because if any of this happened in your room then I would automatically conclude that it was an OBE.
Anyways here's my theory (educated guess) about what happened. This idea is based on a False Awakening. A false awakening is when a person is in a dream but believes that they are awake. Sometimes the person eventually realizes that it is a dream and either becomes lucid or else transitions the experience into an OBE or an AP.
Your experience is what I will term a "False Dreaming". The "dream" in the tower was Not a dream, Rather it was an OBE, or to be more precise it was an astral projection (= an OBE to a location that has no counterpart in the physical universe). You thought that you were dreaming at first and gradually became aware that it was not a dream and was an OBE/AP.
"False Dreaming" had happened to me Many times. Sometimes I become astrally aware and transition into a fully aware OBE/AP. Many other times it never quite dawned on me that it was not a dream so the experience was recalled as only a "Special" dream. This Must happen to Many other people as well and is probably responsible for Most of those posts where a person asks, "Was this an OBE or a Dream?"
It could also explain the confusion when a person was lucid and yet was unsure if the experience was an OBE or a LD.
As a postscript the 'false dreaming' state bridges the gap between the dream state of consciousness on the dream plane(s) and astral awareness during an OBE in the RTZ/ethereal plane and during an AP on an astral plane(s).

This "false dreaming" theory is entirely new so any feedback, positive or negative, is much appreciated.  :-)
Grey

Jdeadevil

It makes sense, it was one of those dreams which was set in a realistic looking place with a nice calming energy, which I've noticed does tend to wake me up inside the dream often. not all the time but often. And to answer your questions about it, yeah that's right, and the bit with the loading bar, the bit behind it with the man drinking a pint of something alcoholic was based in a pub somewhere.