Can the Silver Cord be Broken

Previous topic - Next topic

Fresco

Just as the title suggests, can it be broken and do you "die" as a result??!

This guys says 'yes': http://www.rickrichards.com/astral/Astral4.html

Of course by dying I mean physical death, not astral body death

Simo

No as much as I know It can be broken only by Death itself,so dont worry you cant die while having an OBE  :-P
Who am I is not important...My message is...

Xanth

In my opinion it doesn't even exist.  :)

Simo

I think I'll agree with you Xanth I've never seen the thing  :wink:
Who am I is not important...My message is...

Stookie

If it were true, the only people to know for sure would be dead.

Astral316

I think of the silver cord purely as a symbol of the force that makes the physical universe our default/primary focus. That being said, the only way to break away from the physical as your default/primary focus is to end brain functioning.

Fresco

Quote from: Stookie on February 08, 2011, 14:32:31
Aahh......an excellent point indeed.
Maybe they have their own 'broken cord forum" in the astral world, just like this forum   :lol:

Damnit, what happened to my cord, Joe??!!  I thought you had my back!!
Fook, bro, I didnt think you were actually gonna take your astral scissors and try to cut it!  :|
Damnit, now look at me, I got no cord man, I'm fooked!! :(

:-P

Highergoals

Quote from: Xanth on February 08, 2011, 14:23:10
In my opinion it doesn't even exist.  :)

Here is a story for you.  30 years ago before I even knew anything about Astral Projection, I had a full blown OBE where I passed the moon and started moving rapidly towards the stars.  At that moment I was terrified and with all that fear,  all of a sudden I was moving rapidly back to Earth.  Heading back to Earth but still far in space, what appeared to my astral vision was a silver cord that was connected to my astral being.    It was clearly silver, but in a crystalline sort of composition and appeared that it could stretch to infinity as it was connected from my being all the way back to earth.  I wasn't smoking anything or drinking, just visualizing light entering my body from the top of my head as I happened to read that one day in the newspaper as a method to relax ourselves.

Took me a few years to digest this as the whole experience spooked me and I never knew anything about OBE's a silver cord, nothing.  I was just naive about it all.  Now, fast forward 30 years and it is obvious to me that just as we are connected to an umbilical cord to our birth mother, obviously we are connected to our astral bodies with some sort of crystalline cord  even if we never see it or are aware of it.  Funny thing is during all my later OBE's I never saw it again and I've had hundreds.

Timandra

Perhaps we only see it if we need to, like a kind of reassurance.  :-)
Some things have to be believed to be seen ~ Ralph Hodgson

Fresco

Quote from: Timandra on February 11, 2011, 08:00:34
Perhaps we only see it if we need to, like a kind of reassurance.  :-)
Or maybe its comprised mostly of air, and we can only see it under certain atmospheric circumstances. 
Kinda like how we can only see air on our breath when its below zero outside

jub jub

Quote from: Stookie on February 08, 2011, 14:32:31

You are wise beyond your years my friend!  :-)
"A moral being is one who is capable of reflecting on his past actions and their motives - approving of some and disapproving of others"  -  Charles Darwin

Highergoals

Quote from: Timandra on February 11, 2011, 08:00:34
Perhaps we only see it if we need to, like a kind of reassurance.  :-)

That is 100% true, because as I was still spooked during the experience, my first thought was "How will I find my body on Earth" and then the cord appeared to my vision.  It was a very loose cord that was curving back and forth all the way from my astral body back to earth and looked like it could stretch to infinity.  It was reassurance that I will be ok even if at the time I really had no idea about it.  This ends the theory that one must be dead to be aware of it.

The whole experience to this day is etched in my mind clearly and what I also observed was that when I flew past the moon, the moon did indeed have huge craters and from above, the color of the surface that I passed was mostly yellowish brown.  Also, on the way back to earth, the electric blue color of the earth's atmosphere and it's aura was so magnificent that words or pictures could never do it justice.

Xanth

Quote from: Highergoals on February 11, 2011, 17:20:20
That is 100% true, because as I was still spooked during the experience, my first thought was "How will I find my body on Earth" and then the cord appeared to my vision.  It was a very loose cord that was curving back and forth all the way from my astral body back to earth and looked like it could stretch to infinity.  It was reassurance that I will be ok even if at the time I really had no idea about it.  This ends the theory that one must be dead to be aware of it.

The whole experience to this day is etched in my mind clearly and what I also observed was that when I flew past the moon, the moon did indeed have huge craters and from above, the color of the surface that I passed was mostly yellowish brown.  Also, on the way back to earth, the electric blue color of the earth's atmosphere and it's aura was so magnificent that words or pictures could never do it justice.
It definitely "could" be as Timandra suggests... I personally don't see it that way, but that doesn't mean I'm right.  ;)

As for the question "How will I find my body on Earth?"... that is also a non-issue.  You don't need to find your body to return to it.  Through my experience you simply think about your body and your consciousness will re-focus into it.  If you're having trouble, then you can try to move a finger on your physical body and that, too, should return you.  It's not like you have to hunt down your physical body in order to merge with it again.  :)

Highergoals

Quote from: Xanth on February 11, 2011, 17:50:05
As for the question "How will I find my body on Earth?"... that is also a non-issue. 

The thing is that is "was" an issue for me at the time because the experience had terrified me. I've never even heard of astral projection before and was just relaxing visualizing light entering my body.  I know it is a non issue as we are always connected, but at that particular time the whole thing transpired rapidly and it scared me.

Xanth

Quote from: Highergoals on February 11, 2011, 17:56:28
The thing is that is "was" an issue for me at the time because the experience had terrified me. I've never even heard of astral projection before and was just relaxing visualizing light entering my body.  I know it is a non issue as we are always connected, but at that particular time the whole thing transpired rapidly and it scared me.
No doubt.  I can imagine.
Being new to all this and having your first experience like that... one would come to the conclusion.

It's the reason that "How will I get back to my body?" is one of the top questions people have when they first get into this.  :)

Highergoals

Quote from: Xanth on February 11, 2011, 18:52:26
No doubt.  I can imagine.
Being new to all this and having your first experience like that... one would come to the conclusion.

It's the reason that "How will I get back to my body?" is one of the top questions people have when they first get into this.  :)

I could have kicked myself years later when I understood it all and felt I waisted all that time not practicing and choosing to understand more, but all's well that ends well and it was the start.