Did I have an OBE? Or was it a lucid dream again?

Previous topic - Next topic

Gbob

I was dreaming that someone was hypnotising me to help me astral project. At this point I wasn't lucid, but I naturally eagerly decided to give it a shot and went along with it. So seconds after, I saw myself get out of my physical dream body. I felt no vibrations as far as I was aware. My 'astral body' was bright blue and white, something I had never seen before, as normally in dreams I only see my physical body, however deformed it may be. And then this woman started clinging on to me, almost as if she wanted to drag me back into my physical dream body so I quickly used telekinesis to throw her out of the way. I then started to jump around and float but I fell on the floor. I also tried climbing a wall but then I lost focus and slipped back into a different dream which I vaguely remember. So was this an OBE or did I dream that I had an OBE. The only time I've ever seen myself as a bright blue and white color was when I was teleporting away from my mother whilst she was chasing after me.

Novice

All of these experiences are related to consciousness. In my opinion, the only difference between a dream and an astral trip, is whether or not your are lucid at the time. As for OBE's, I perceive them slightly differently, but it's still a function of consciousness. During an OBE I perceive seperation from my physical body. During AP, I skip the separation and floating sensation of OBEs and go straight to the astral.

I think one of two things occurred for you, but both occurred during a dream: Either you simply dreamed of having an OBE, or you were vaguely aware of your etheric body loosening from your physical and that floating sensation came through in the dream. You still dreamed it, but it may have been triggered by the OBE.

I think we all have OBE's and astral experiences every night. The problem is most people are rarely aware of them when they occur.

Hope this helps!
Reality is what you perceive it to be.

Old Dood

Go with your 'Gut' on this one....
Hard to say what you experienced.

When you said your 'astral body' was bright blue and white how did you know that? 
Could you see ALL of yourself or only part of yourself?
Meaning, was it similar to when you look at yourself in the 3D without any mirrors.

What I like to do to make sure I am out of body 'For Real' is just look directly at my hands.
When I see 'Translucent-Blue' then I know I am out of body. (then they start to melt)
Did your bright blue and white body seem translucent? (See through)
Time will Tell...
MY SPECIAL PURPOSE

Gbob

Quote from: Old Dood on October 03, 2009, 19:45:31
Go with your 'Gut' on this one....
Hard to say what you experienced.

When you said your 'astral body' was bright blue and white how did you know that? 
Could you see ALL of yourself or only part of yourself?
Meaning, was it similar to when you look at yourself in the 3D without any mirrors.

What I like to do to make sure I am out of body 'For Real' is just look directly at my hands.
When I see 'Translucent-Blue' then I know I am out of body. (then they start to melt)
Did your bright blue and white body seem translucent? (See through)
I could see most of myself...like I was observing my body from a 3rd person point of view. But then it changed to 1st person. No I don't think it seemed translucent...just very bright.

Greytraveller

Gbob
To me it certainly seems like it was an OBE. A fairly classical first projection in fact. Most of the common phenomena were present including seeing ones own physical body, floating, a measure of confusion and the OBE being rather short. The only unusual factor was the discarnate woman. She might have been some sort of hinderer or negative entity, a sort of dweller on the threshold being.
Regards  8-)
Grey